Old Park Tickets for FastPass+

disneyfan295

Original Poster
With the news of FastPass+ being made available to offsite guest (yay!), how would that work for old tickets? I have 10-day park hoppers with a few days still left on them. I want to be able to use FastPass+. Would I have to switch my old tickets for new ones? If so, how would I do that and would it cost any money? Would I still have my days left?

KatMaria

I have not tried that yet. If I put it on MDE account will I be able to book my FP+ 30 days in advance still?
As long as its after the 31st, when it officially roles out to off site guests, then technically yes you should be able to. Might have to convert it to RFID ticket for the system to recognize it though. I will ask my guest relations friends about this.

Rob562

I guess the first question for the OP is to see if the ticket in your hand is already RFID-capable. Look on the back for the MDE logo, a Mickey head inside a circle. If it's there, then there's no additional conversion necessary and you shouldn't have any problem linking the ticket to your MDE profile.

If it's *not* there, you may still be able to link it to your MDE profile. On the phone app click on Enter ID, and then "Where can I find my ID number?", then "Have a ticket purchased before Oct 2011". It'll give you various configurations of what your ticket might look like. Find your ticket and enter it.

I *presume* that this will get you access to making FP+ reservations. But even then you'll still need to get an RFID card. You may have to wait until you get there and visit Guest Relations to do that. Bring the ticket and they'll swap it for an RFID-enabled ticket. Hopefully the CM can link the ticket directly to your MDE profile, but you may have to go back in and enter it yourself.

Worst case scenario, you'll have to wait until you get there to trade in the ticket, get an RFID-enabled card and then make all of your FP+ choices at that time.

-Rob

orky8

My GR friends said you can link it on MDX without converting it to RFID, there is a walkthrough on MDX on how to but it is easier to do if you have already converted it to RFID ticket

Depends on the ticket. Some can, some can't. Those that can't be linked online need to be exchanged at a Disney ticket booth. Until you link a ticket, no FP+.

Rob562

I have successfully linked my ticket to my MDE account. My ticket was purchased in 2008, so it doesn't have the RFID in it. Am I still able to enter the park with it? Does Disney have to send me a new ticket?

Disney won't send you a new ticket. You'll have to stop by a ticket window or Guest Relations to have your current ticket swapped out with an RFID ticket. You can enter the park with your current ticket (though a CM will have to manually swipe your ticket on their handheld reader), and you'll still be able to make FP+ selections ahead of time, but you'll need to get that RFID ticket before you can actually check into the attractions.

If you'll be staying at a Disney hotel, you don't have to worry about the ticket swap as your Magic Band will be able to access your ticket and FP+ selections.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom