old magic bands

MRGEFF

Have reservation for next month but want to use MB from March trip. How does our new resort info, park tickets, ARDs and charging information link to the March MB. Do we have to go to the front desk and have them do it for us?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
They’ll work seamlessly as is. Any MB attached to your MDE account and activated will work. After about two years the internal battery will die and on-ride photos and interactions won’t work any more, but the MB will still work for touch points (room/park entry, room charges at stores, etc…)

Upvote 0

MRGEFF

Original Poster
THANK YOU ALL! HB is having kittens not understanding the technology behind it .(Me? I don't either but accept how easy everyone says it is) Don't even want to think about THE GENIE o_O

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
THANK YOU ALL! HB is having kittens not understanding the technology behind it .(Me? I don't either but accept how easy everyone says it is) Don't even want to think about THE GENIE o_O

If you've already gone with magic bands and FP+ then your next trip should not be too overwhelming.
You just use the same bands and Genie+/LL is essentially paid FP+. You'll be fine! :)

Upvote 0

Dinardo

You may want to stop by the front desk and make sure your park passes are “activated”.

We used our Feb 2020 Magic Bands for our Sep 2021 trip and we weren’t allowed into the park after being assured it will work the same way as described above (park passes weren’t “activated” as we were told by Guest Services). Guest services fixed it real quick but it still was a hitch in the giddy-up.

Everything else worked just fine though.

Upvote 0

RoadiJeff

You can also check and change the status of any old MagicBands or cards in the My Disney Experience website. Click on My MagicBands and Cards in the drop-down menu after you log on.

magic.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom