Old Key West

SAMANTHA

We are staying at OKW from Oct 30th to Nov 6th. If anyone has stayed at this resort please let me know what you thought about it? I would like to try and request a building but do not know which one to request. Any information would really help.

Thank you!!

brkgnews

I like Old Key West. It is an older resort, but is still kept in relatively good shape. Are you a DVC member or no? The resort was originally designed as "THE" DVC resort when the club/timeshare group was first formed. The rooms are a bit bigger than some of the other DVCs (especially the "studios," which are the DVC equivalent of a "typical" hotel room plus kitchenette). I've only stayed there once or twice, so I unfortunately can't help you with specific buildings.

Upvote 0

jim1051

We liked it, have stayed there 2 X. It's quiet but pretty spead out. We always have wheels so that is not an issue for us, but buses sometime takes a long time to get to your building, after a park closing.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I really like the resort. It is very quiet and well kept. The things I don't like about the resort you need to take a bus in most cases to get to the Hospitality House. So you can't just walk and get a snack if you want. But I would tell you to request Turtle Shack area. The pool has a concession stand and is nicely themed. I think it is the most quiet spot around.

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

We stayed there several times in the early 90s when (as one other poster mentioned) it was the DVC resort. Definitely spacious rooms, most with great views of waterways and the golf course. Its a very nice place to stay as far as the rooms go.

The resort is definitely scattered. Buildings are everywhere, but unlike CBR or some of the other larger resorts, there isn't much of a circular route. There are several bus stops so you can find which works best, but be prepared to spend some time on the buses each day (obviously if you're driving you escape that issue). If you are requesting a building, try for one near the hospitality center (Bldg 11-14, or possibly 62-63), that way you can get on at the bus stop there and hopefully not have to ride quite as long.

Overall is a very nice and peaceful resort. Probably less family/kid oriented than some of the themed resorts but I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay. I'm certainly jealous!

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I liked OKW. It is huge though. When requesting a particular building try to keep in mind its proximity to the Hospitality House (if you don't have a car) and also try to avoid buildings that are close to a bus stop. It can be a little noisy if you are trying to sleep and the buses are going right past your bedroom window until late into the evening.

Upvote 0

SMike88

We usually request either Building #42 or #43, which are both next door to the Turtle Shack pool. It's VERY quiet, has it's own snack bar, small arcade, laundry facilities, a playground, shuffleboard and picnic pavilions. My family has stayed there 12 times altogether, and we love it there, OKW really feels like a second home for us.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom