Old Key West

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
I'm a Disney Vacation Club member and every time I head to Walt Disney World, I have to stay at the Old Key West resort. I've made a lot of friendships with the cast members there. They are always very nice. I can't imagine going to WDW and not staying there.

What are your opinions on it?

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• mickey45a[1].gif
    mickey45a[1].gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 138

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
I'm a Disney Vacation Club member and every time I head to Walt Disney World, I have to stay at the Old Key West resort. I've made a lot of friendships with the cast members there. They are always very nice. I can't imagine going to WDW and not staying there.

What are your opinions on it?

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

OKW rocks but you don't have to stay there being a DVC member. You can stay at any Disney owned resort without paying a transfer fee. Our home base is also OKW but last summer we stayed at the Boardwalk and Dec 1999 we stayed at the Poly. Just an FYI.

Upvote 0

DisKev

OKW

I Just had my fist stay at OKW...

Overall, I Enjoyed it, The location of the buildings was great, and I also liked how the parking areas were just steps from your room. Olivia's was good as well, and if you were able to get there early there was virtually no-one else in the resturaunt.

The only downside to my vist were the times I attempted to use Disney Transport, Well the buses, They could have came more frequently, and unlike other hotels at disney, they did not have any cast memer with a palm piolit like device seeing where everyone waiting was going. The boat ride to the village was also pretty bad, The boats are small, infrequent and cannot handle many people, i think it was 12. My advice is if you are staying at OKW you should rent a car, It is well worth it.

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Since we are taking my mom, dad, sister, brother, aunt, and me to Walt Disney World in December 2002, we are looking at a Grand Villa. Unfortunately there are not any that are very close to a bus stop or a short walk from the General Store.

Upvote 0
I also own DVC but in boardwalk. I have stayed @ OKW and do enjoy it. It is much quieter @ OKW and more relaxing. When you say you have to stay there is it because you enjoy it that mcuh oryou don't realize you can stay @ other DVC resorts as well as other Disney resorts,although the pts are HIGH for the disney resorts?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom