Old Key West Bus pick up?

mitchk

Original Poster
I'll be staying at Old Key West (in 23 days :sohappy: ) for the first time. Where are the bus pickups located at the theme parks? By that I mean, I know the value resorts are all the way at the end, so where are the DVC pickups at? Are they closest to the park exit, second closest? Anyone know? :shrug:

I'll be staying at Old Key West (in 23 days :sohappy: ) for the first time. Where are the bus pickups located at the theme parks? By that I mean, I know the value resorts are all the way at the end, so where are the DVC pickups at? Are they closest to the park exit, second closest? Anyone know? :shrug:

It all depends on how much the resort is willing to pay for were there guests get picked up at. Almost all the Delxue resorts though are close to the parks exits so that way there guests dont have to walk far.

Craig & Lisa

Have stayed there a number of times, the best buildings to stay are by the hospitality house ( chech in ) It's the last stop before the parks. And amazingly not very noisy even with all the bus action.

mitchk

Original Poster
What about the theme park pickup? Like when I leave the Magic Kingdom, what number is my bus pickup, how far will I have to walk? I know it's closer than the All Star pickups, but where exactly is it?? :shrug:

gatordoc

I remember specifically that the EPCOT pick up is the closest of all, which is nice. MK was a couple down from the front, so not bad. I think MGM was OK too, can't remember about AK.

KimnAbby

We have a time share at Old Key West and most of the buses pick up fairly close to the park exit. Another good nice thing is that the buses usually aren't incredibly packed. We stayed once at Dixie Landings (when it used to be Dixie Landings) and the bus would be completly mobbed at the end of the night. Old Key WEst usually isn't so bad.

The rooms by the hospitality house are nice. I would try and request one of those if you could. It's very close to check in, the pool and all the other activities they have. Although getting a room with a view of the lake is really cool too! Just don't try and feed any of the ducks hanging around your balcony! :)

gotribe07

Just a word of advice...

If you are going to be taking the bus to a park that has Morning EMH's be sure that you are not waiting at the last bus stop at OKW (yes, there are multipule bus stops due to OKW's size). The last bus stop is where the check-in area is and if you want to get to the park by opening you should definately make sure that you are in the first few stops.

Two years ago we waited at the last stop for 45 min. before we finally got a bus to MK. What really stinks is that if the bus is full before the last stop it doesn't even stop in so you know it's full... it just leaves OKW. :brick:

I recommend catching the bus at Turtle Crossing. That's one of the first stops.

And, lastly ENJOY OKW!! It's one of my favorite resorts on property and I know you will love it. :wave:

mitchk

Original Poster
Just a word of advice...

If you are going to be taking the bus to a park that has Morning EMH's be sure that you are not waiting at the last bus stop at OKW (yes, there are multipule bus stops due to OKW's size). The last bus stop is where the check-in area is and if you want to get to the park by opening you should definately make sure that you are in the first few stops.

Two years ago we waited at the last stop for 45 min. before we finally got a bus to MK. What really stinks is that if the bus is full before the last stop it doesn't even stop in so you know it's full... it just leaves OKW. :brick:

I recommend catching the bus at Turtle Crossing. That's one of the first stops.

And, lastly ENJOY OKW!! It's one of my favorite resorts on property and I know you will love it. :wave:

Is this something I should avoid (during late May), The last bus stop at the check in area? What time of year were you there 2 years ago? Was it peek season? or is the front stop always packed? Thanks :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom