OKW - Front or Back? Bus Route?

We are staying at our home DVC resort, Old Key West, when we go in June. Booked the trip, and the CM on the phone asked if we wanted a room in the front of the resort by the main house, or one towards the back.

Anyone been asked this before? If so, which did you pick? Also, does anyone know how the bus route runs at OKW? Is the first stop in front or back?

Thanks! :wave:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
We are staying at our home DVC resort, Old Key West, when we go in June. Booked the trip, and the CM on the phone asked if we wanted a room in the front of the resort by the main house, or one towards the back.

Anyone been asked this before? If so, which did you pick? Also, does anyone know how the bus route runs at OKW? Is the first stop in front or back?

Thanks! :wave:

Just requested Buliding 65 it's right near the main pool stop and hospitality house!

Hospitality house is usually last stop but worth it!

Love OKW it is so peaceful

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I prefer the front of the resort. You can walk over to Hospitality House, which is the last stop before the buses head for the parks, and if you don't mind a short walk, you can get off at the first bus stop and walk back to your room.

The back of the resort is pretty remote, but some people like it for the peace and quiet.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

Stayed at OKW twice. Both times at Turtle Pond area.
We like the peace and quiet, we requested near the pool and bus stop. Very convenient. I have actually never been in the hospitality house, restaurants or pool except for check in... No reason except we've always had other stuff to do..

Upvote 0

fredtom

My DW and I love OKW... have stayed their several times. We've stayed in buildings 63, 45 (twice), 27, 20 & 49 and liked them all. We don't mind a walk to Hospitality House. In fact, we really enjoy the nice stroll. It's just such a nice atmosphere and peaceful.

All park buses stop at Peninsular Road first, then South Point, Old Turtle Pond, Miller's Road and Hospitality House last before exiting. The exception is Downtown Disney bus which stops at HH first, Miller's Road, Peninsular Road, South Point then Old Turtle Pond I believe.

Have fun!

An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

Princess_Minnie

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips! I was surprised because at Saratoga Springs the bus route is opposite of OKW: it starts at the Main house, and ends at the back of the resort. We'll probably go with the front, since we can sleep through anything after a day at Disney! :lol::snore:

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Thanks for the tips! I was surprised because at Saratoga Springs the bus route is opposite of OKW: it starts at the Main house, and ends at the back of the resort. We'll probably go with the front, since we can sleep through anything after a day at Disney! :lol::snore:

Anywhere is brilliant at OKW!!!

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I haven't.

The pictures do look nice, but I feel that with the removal of the whitewashed wood dining table, they've taken away the "floridian" key west atmosphere. Which is silly, because I've never been to Key West, so I have no idea what the real thing is like!! :lol:

But I won't judge for certain til I've stayed there!

Upvote 0

fredtom

Has anyone stayed there since they renovated all the rooms? Saw a picture online and they looked pretty nice, but do they FEEL any different?

We've stayed twice now in a renovated studio, last year and just a couple of weeks ago. I think the beach community atmosphere is still the same... just updated a bit. I liked the subtle changes.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

Princess_Minnie

Original Poster
Good to know. We haven't stayed at OKW in a while. We like the WL a lot, and we've stayed there for the past 4 trips, but we don't have enough points this time and so we decided to give OKW another go. Better than Saratoga Springs! We hated it there. Much rather stay at OKW. Of all the DVC rooms I've been to (besides WL) its my favorite.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Good to know. We haven't stayed at OKW in a while. We like the WL a lot, and we've stayed there for the past 4 trips, but we don't have enough points this time and so we decided to give OKW another go. Better than Saratoga Springs! We hated it there. Much rather stay at OKW. Of all the DVC rooms I've been to (besides WL) its my favorite.

Saratoga really looks below par compared to OKW

Upvote 0

Princess_Minnie

Original Poster
Saratoga really looks below par compared to OKW

It certainly cannot compare in atmosphere. We didn't really like it either time we stayed there, and we only stayed more than once because it was a last minute trip and we literally couldn't use our points anywhere else. The rooms are nice and everything, but it doesn't feel very DISNEY, like OKW does.

:shrug:

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

It certainly cannot compare in atmosphere. We didn't really like it either time we stayed there, and we only stayed more than once because it was a last minute trip and we literally couldn't use our points anywhere else. The rooms are nice and everything, but it doesn't feel very DISNEY, like OKW does.

:shrug:

Just as i was thinking!

Was gonna stay there as we get a 45% discount on OKW and SS and i like to stay in different resorts but didnt like the grounds, rooms layout, rooms size or decor! So back to OKW it is :sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom