Okay, how about wedding anniversaries?

no2apprentice

We (my wife and I) will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in March. This is one major reason we are going to WDW in June, even though we would rather go in March, but if we go in March, we can't take the boys, and if we don't take the boys, then they will be mad later in life and not take care of my wife and I when we are old, poor, and feeble.

But I degress. Do the CM's do anything special for wedding anniversaries, especially ones that aren't brand new? If anyone has any experiences or advice, please post, so I know whether to bother to mention it when I make reservations and the PS. Thanks.

tiggerlover1971

well i did my honeymoon there and my first anniversary there We went to Rose and crown pub for our big meal for the day and when the waiter asked why we were visiting the world we told him it was our first anniversary and he brought us both a complimentary glass of champaine with a strawberry that made the whole trip so romantic

Upvote 0

Five years ago we travelled with another family who was celebrating an anniversary - not a "special" one, but around 17 or so. We booked a water view at GF and they booked a standard view to save money. He mentioned they wanted to be on the same floor as us, and also mentioned it was their anniversary. At check in, they found out they were upgraded to a water view room right next to us. The price difference as I recall was around $300-$400 for a seven night stay - quite a nice anniversary gift!

Upvote 0

LongballMG

here's a plan

i did this with my wife.

we rented a boat to take us on a cruise around bay lake.
We got nude
We sat on the Bow of the boat
And Suntanned

these were her exact words "best day ever"

Try that

LongballMG

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

AT the Garden Grille you can have a "rehitching ceremony". Mention that you'd like it when you make your PS.

from wdwig.com

Rehitching Ceremony -- Wanna let your loved one know you're still committed? The Garden Grill also offers a "Rehitching Ceremony!" Scott Thomas, of PS Calculator fame, writes: When making a PS for any meal at the Land's Garden Grill restaurant, including the Ice Cream Social, tell the Cast Member making the PS to note you would like to be rehitched. When you check in at the Garden Grill make sure you mention it to both the CM at the podium and your server when getting seated. I don't want to spill the beans about the ceremony but it's a fun, quick way to add a little fun at WDW. Oh, and take a deep breath when kissing your bride/groom!"

and more information

Rehitching Ceremony

Have you ever considered renewing your wedding vows while vacationing at Walt Disney World? Are you celebrating an Anniversary or just want to surprise your spouse? With a little advance planning it can be done.

The Rehitching Ceremony takes place at the Garden Grill restaurant, in the Land Pavilion, at Epcot. Your server acts as the clergy person. They read some fun vows for you to repeat. You have to kiss in front of the whole restaurant, often to the count of 100. You'll receive a special certificate to commemorate the event and a cake. Mickey, Chip and Dale have been known to attend the festivities.

You must request the ceremony when you make your priority seating arrangements at the restaurant. Tell the cast member when you phone that you want to get 'rehitched'. Also when you arrive at the restaurant remind the Staff at the podium. Arrangements can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE

Upvote 0

wdwfan65

Banned
:) My husband and I celebrated our 15th anniversary at WDW. We stayed at the Polynesian in the Concierge part and mentioned we had been there on our honeymoon and were now celebrating #15. When we arrived we had a bottle of non-alcohol champange and a plate of chocolates that had Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on it. We had a solid white chocolate Mickey and Minnie in wedding attire in the middle of the plate. We also received an official celebration certificate. It was really neat to walk in the room with all of this waiting for you. (P.S. We splurged on Concierge since it was our 15th anniversary and it was wonderful!)
:slurp:

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We did our honeymoon at the Poly, and our 5th and 6th anaversary at AKL.

Poly treated us very well. They asked if there was anything we wanted, and we told them we wanted one of the Simba flags they had up around the park. This was during the "pink castle" anaversary of WDW. They tried, but were not given permision to sell/give one to us. So instead we came back to our room one night and they had left a Mickey and Minnie photo, a pair of Disney ear rings, a Simba toy, and a Simba pin. The pin was not one of those trading pins, I don't even think they were around then. This was a piece of jewlry. We aventually found that the sold it in one of the DD shops for over $75! So they gave us ove $100 worth of stuff. And a year later I got a letter from Disney saying that they had kept me on a list to get one of those flags, but Disney poloicy was not to give or sell any props, so they were not allowed to send it. Even though we didn't get the flag, I was still stunned they sent me a letter a year later telling me they were sorry.

At AKL, we got flowers and a fruit basket the first time. The second time we got his and hers perfume in these hand carved wooden holders in the shape of animals. Plus some more flowers and a card and message from Mickey. We did stay in conceiage the second time.

We've also been hit by the "pull them out of the audiance" things as well. Poly Louo, Hoop De Do, Garden Grill. But they are fun.

Upvote 0

Debbie

For our 10th anniversary next year; I hope to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. We never had a honeymoon and my husband would love to go to Disney kidless. To surprise my husband I would love to get him a session with the Richard Petty experience.

Upvote 0

Scooter

We called ahead when we stayed at the Polynesian and we mentioned it was our Honeymoon vacation.

When we checked in and went to our rooms we arrived to find a gift basket and a bottle of Champagne. Lots of goodies in the basket including Flowers, chocolates, balloons, pretzels, souvineers and a card.

Last year was our 10th anniversary and we stayed at the Contemporary 12th floor Conceirge. Again we mentioned it was our Anniversary vacation. ( It wasn't our REAL anniversary, just the year of our 10th...my wife couldn't get vacation days off because of lack of senority.)

We didn't lie to the Check-In clerks...we just called it our 10th Anniversary Vacation.:animwink:

They delivered a nice Gift to our room... A Mickey Mouse desk clock. ( I saw one in the gift shop and it sold for $25)
We also got a a Happy Anniversary Card signed by Mickey and Minnie and some balloons.

So in my opinnion, it's worth mentioning it if it's a special occasion Vacation ie...Birthday, Anniversary, Honeymoon etc.

It certainly couldn't hurt to mention it. Just don't lie. Your not allowed to tell Lies in Disney World.:zipit:

Upvote 0

no2apprentice

Original Poster
I just wanted to thank everyone for your responses, which gave me some really good ideas. Except for the getting-naked-in-the-boat idea. If someone where to see me, they'd put out an alert that an albino killer whale escaped from Sea World!!!:lol:

I didn't know about the Rehitching Ceremony. I am going to try and surprise my wife with that one. Should be good.

And for anyone who was thinking about staying at Wilderness Lodge and using the discount codes ---- I booked today for 7 nights in June, and could not get a standard room with the discount code...they were all filled. Had to take a Woods View Room, which is okay in the budget. But don't wait too long to make a reservation.

Once again, thanks everyone!:)

Upvote 0

KathyG/poohbear

We stayed at the Poly concierge for our 19th anniversary. We filled out the paper and told them it was our anniversary when the concierge staff contacted us and we got nothing. Yes, you have that right....NOTHING. Someone needs to tell me your secrets.....

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by KathyG/poohbear
We stayed at the Poly concierge for our 19th anniversary. We filled out the paper and told them it was our anniversary when the concierge staff contacted us and we got nothing. Yes, you have that right....NOTHING. Someone needs to tell me your secrets.....

Kathy thats ok when I went for my honeymoon the hotel didnt give us anything either even though we told them we were on our
honeymoon when we checked in and we even had a honeymoon suite thats ok though because we got enough stuff wearing the minnie and mickey wedding hats . Oh and Richards work had the disney florist make us a huge basket that was sent in the middle of the week to enjoy with champaign glasses and all the trimmings for a romantic night

Upvote 0

boling

Wife and I were VERY lucky on our honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge back in 1994, when WL was fairly new. We booked a regular room, but when we arrived to check in, they were "full" already so they "had" to put us in the presidential suite. No complaints from us. The suite was not a bad room(s) if I do say so. The only catch was we had to change rooms on our 2nd+ nights, but for our first night it was awesome! Were talking a bathroom bigger than some hotel rooms, a seperate dining room for ~8, seperate study/library, etc.. If you look at the back of the Lodge, the top left corner(s) near the center of the building is where the suite is. I estimate the total room size was ~1,500 sq. ft.

To this day we don't know if 1.) they were actually full and had no choice, doubt they would screw up that bad, 2.) someone we know paid a bunch(I would estimate $1,000) for that one night or 3.) Disney Magic and the hotel staff or mgr did a really nice thing to make it special for us.

:king:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom