Ok, you can pick 10 attractions from Disney/Uni to create a single park

mergatroid

Original Poster
Just for fun, which would they be? The rules are the 10 attractions can be from either Disney (any park) or Universal (either park) and can be current or past attractions. We'll assume the hypothetical new park is themed superbly, so if part of loving Space Mountain is the fact it's in the Magic Kingdom then we'll assume you love the new park just as much. We'll also assume that they all fit in in the same land and not worry that there's clashes due to theming, so choose the 10 based on enjoyment rather than how they'd fit in the new park. If you want to include shows or parades that's ok, but they have to be within your 10 choices. And remember, it's just for fun, there are no right or wrong choices.

You can have any reason for choosing any attraction, from spite to nostalgia and can choose to explain your choices or not to. Everyone's choice is personal to them, so no need to be nasty if you don't agree. So without further ado my new 'Disneyversal Park' in no particular order would consist of.

'Rise of the Resistance' - I'm a Star Wars fan and they've really made a great attraction here
'Incredible Hulk Coaster' - Love coasters and this is a damn good one
'Space Mountain' - huge nostalgia factor here along with a fun ride
'Haunted Mansion' - how could this not be in the list, nostalgia and pure escapism for me here
'Pirates' - nostalgia and fun plus my wife loves it which adds to the enjoyment
'Monster Make-up Show' - a hidden gem at Universal, with good actors this show has had me doubled over with laughter at times
'Fantasmic' - we both love this show and I always get 'brownie points' from the wife for cuddling up to her when we watch it
'Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit' - See number two
'Tower of Terror' - no explanation should be needed for this marvel
'The Great Movie Ride' - again a ride that we both enjoyed together which adds points, along with it being a true Disney classic

Over to you.......................

bubbles1812

From Universal: Gringotts, Forbidden Journey, The Mummy, Popeye's

I love HP. I think both rides are really great. The queue in Forbidden Journey alone brings it to this list. I'd bring each whole land if I could into this theoretical park. And I think the Mummy is just a great ride. Popeye's is probably the best water ride I've ever been on. My family spent one rainy afternoon going around and around on it. We were already soaked so what's a little more water? And it certainly has anything water based at Disney beat, the water parks not withstanding.

From Disney: Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Kilamanjaro Safaris, FOP, Rise of the Resistance

Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride in all of Disney. I feel like it requires no explanation. Splash Mountain is my second favorite ride. I love the animatronics and the story. I like that I get lightly wet but I don't get soaked, so I can still go on it even when it's cold. It's also ironically funny that such a good ride comes from Disney's most forbidden film. FOP they just did a damn great job on with an IP that really shouldn't produce that interesting of a ride. The Safari can be hit or miss but I've had more good rides than bad [going in the morning or evening really makes it] and this month, I had probably the most spectacular ride in a multitude of many. Rise of the Resistance exceeded my expectations and I loved it enough to get up at 4 am twice to go ride it this month. Best thing Disney has done in a long time, again from the story, to the animatronics, to the use of various different ride systems. The early wake ups were totally worth it in my book.

I struggled with the last slot here... There's a lot of rides that I love in both places and couldn't decide. So I'm going with a wild card and bringing the Haunted Mansion from Disneyland Paris in. It's so wonderfully different from WDW's and the story is crazy.

Honorable mention to Spaceship Earth as it's a classic I've much enjoyed over the years, although I'm in agreement with Disney that it needs an update.

JIMINYCR

ToT... TZ fan, cant beat the nostalgia, hidden TZ items, Rod, the drops !!!
Splash Mtn... Long ride, great music, lots of fun animatronics, the drop!!
PoTc... Classic ride with pirates, needs a spot.
EE... A great ride despite a broken Yeti.
FoP... Loved the ride on our last trip.
HM... All parks need a good HM.
Alien Encounter .. Sorely missed and deserves a spot back.
Hulk coaster.. Fun loops.
Skull Island reign of Kong.. Its Kong, cant go wrong.
Revenge of the Mummy... Lots of non stop action and unexpected thrills.

Would give me what I desire in a thrill packed day.
Couldnt help but put more of the WDW ones in there. I could add a couple more Uni rides but I would hate to give up any of my WDW ones. And some more WDW ones could fit in but I wanted to give some deserving Uni ones a place.

The Empress Lilly

SSE, LwtL, AA, Kilimanjaro, Maharaja & Gorilla Treks, Star Tours, Thunder, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise....

I love Forbidden Journey, RRR and Spiderman, but I struggle to get them in my top 10.

bryanfze55

I know this is WDW forum, but can this include rides from any US Disney and/or Universal Park? If so, mine would be:

Pirates of the Caribbean (DL)
Splash Mountain (WDW)
Haunted Mansion (WDW)
Indiana Jones Adventure
Expedition Everest
Radiator Springs Racers
Jungle Cruise (WDW)
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (DL)
Disneyland Railroad
Mark Twain Riverboat

Unfortunately, Universal just doesn’t do it for me.

UpAllNight

Forbidden Journey
Spiderman
The Mummy
Gringotts
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Everest
Flight of Passage
Dinosaur
Tower of Terror

Haven’t been since 2017 but I’m sure Hagrids, Smugglers Run and RotR will challenge.

Numbers 11-50 aren’t too shabby either!

PorterRedkey

I’ll bite.

Uni:
1) Forbidden Journey -unique ride system (Kuka arm on track) / Popular Potter IP
2) The Mummy- Themed indoor coaster

Honorable Mention
Men in Black- my park could use a shooter and this one is great!
Spiderman- I left if off because I thought I included better dark rides that have physical sets
Gringotts- Fun ride, but too many show stops and screens.

Disney:
3) Haunted Mansion- omnimover dark ride -spooky
4) Splash Mountain(WDW)- water dark ride -thrill component / long attraction / May get wet
5) Spaceship Earth- omnimover dark ride -long form dark ride / Epic show building
6) Flight of Passage- large screen flight simulator - unique ride system
7) Pirates of the Caribbean(DL)- water dark ride - long form dark ride
8) Kilimanjaro Safari- live animal safari -long experience - each trip is different
9) Rise of the Resistance- Epic Star Wars experience - latest technology / trackless
10) Indiana Jones- EMV dark ride

Honorable Mention
ToT - if I only have 10 rides, I want most people to be able to experience the ride I have.
Peter Pan (Shanghai) - small scale kept if off my list
Haunted Mansion- since I include Mystic Manor
Radiator Springs Racers- a great ride, but the rides I included give me more joy
Journey to the center of the earth: I haven’t ridden this so I didn’t include it.
Mystic Manor- haven’t ridden

Final tally:
7 dark rides, 1 coaster, 1 flight simulator and an animal safari.
Of the 7 dark rides: 2 Omnimover, 2 water rides, 1 trackless, 1 EMV and 1 Kuka. I think that is a nice mix.

cheezbat

Ooooh...this is fun....

1. Pirates of the Caribbean (DLP version)
2. Splash Mountain
3. Revenge of the Mummy (Uni Singapore)
4. Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure
5. Haunted Mansion (WDW version)
6. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
7. Indiana Jones Adventure
8. Men In Black
9. Mystic Manor
10. Journey to the Center of the Earth

Just barely out of my top ten:
11. Rise of the Resistance
12. Big Thunder Mountain (DLP)

mellyf

Forbidden Journey
Spiderman
The Mummy
Gringotts
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Everest
Flight of Passage
Dinosaur
Tower of Terror

Haven’t been since 2017 but I’m sure Hagrids, Smugglers Run and RotR will challenge.

Numbers 11-50 aren’t too shabby either!

This looks exactly like what my list would be like. Honorable mention to Alien Encounter, which I loved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom