Ok...WITHOUT Getting Political...The Hall of Presidents Update

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
So...

Let's try this...very carefully...please, don't get too political...keep your affiliation and fervor outside the attraction's sake to yourself!

What kinds of scenarios do we potentially see for the Hall of Presidents? Would they revert back to a show where Lincoln is the primary speaker? Would they have a new figure for the attraction and have that figure give a speech? Would it be much like the current incarnation?

It's true that we have some further historical candidates up for the spot...(first female, first Jewish, oldest elected, probably the first billionaire...etc.)

So...would they take that road and have them speak with their first-ness being of primary reason for some kind of stirring speech or revert back to older scripts or formats?

And just for kicks...sans getting into political debate (it'd be a party foul!): who would be the most fun to see up there? What AA figure would be awesome to you?

Let's attempt to keep this somewhat good-natured here...

OK, go!

Last edited:

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
I think the speculation would be rooted in politics, but good luck with your thread. ;)
Thanks...I'mma need it.

For that matter...I guess this could be interesting because the hall didn't always have the sitting president speak...it really only started as recently as President Clinton...we've only had three so far. Clinton, Bush, and Obama...

So...could it change again?...are they complacent in what they've been doing?...would the show go throwback? Who could they get as narrator? How cheaply will they go on this whole thing?

Have at it...just leave the hats and bumper stickers at home!

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

So...

Let's try this...very carefully...PLEASE don't get political...leave it be...keep your affiliation and thoughts outside the attraction's sake off of here!

What kind of scenarios do we potentially see for the Hall of Presidents? Would they revert back to a show where Lincoln is the primary speaker? Would they create a new figure for the attraction (of course they will have to!) and have that figure give a speech much like the current incarnation? It is true that we have some further historical candidates up for the spot...so...would they take that road and have them speak with that being of primary reason or revert back?

And just for fun...WITHOUT getting political (please don't commit a party foul!) who would be the most fun to see up there? What AA figure would be the most awesome to you? AGAIN...WITHOUT getting POLITICAL! Please, for Pete's sake make this fun!

We'll try this... OK, go!
No matter who the next POTUS is, there will absolutely be a new AA with at least a minor speaking role.

lazyboy97o

I don't see how Disney can go back to the less contemporary focused show without it looking political without some sort of external event. Something like the tricentennial could warrant a different show, but I'm not sure what else. Maybe a very long term announcement, that it will change in 12 years regardless of who is president.

Goofyernmost

Didn't the guy that has done all the sculptures for the HoP die this past year. If there is any reason why they might stop the current president speech might be that. I'm sure someone with talent is waiting in the wings to take over, but, those are some big shoes to fill.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Totally non political - I just wonder what WDW's PROCESS is for this, based on time....

They have ABOUT three months from Nov to Jan. That's a little tight for building an AA & setting it up. So I've always wondered... do they START building AA's (two of 'em), just after the two major candidates are declared? Then mothball the looser? If so, WDW could have some really interesting AA's squirreled away someplace :).

lazyboy97o

Totally non political - I just wonder what WDW's PROCESS is for this, based on time....

They have ABOUT three months from Nov to Jan. That's a little tight for building an AA & setting it up. So I've always wondered... do they START building AA's (two of 'em), just after the two major candidates are declared? Then mothball the looser? If so, WDW could have some really interesting AA's squirreled away someplace :).
There is no need to make a new, advanced figure for each president when most get relegated to being part of the crowd. The attraction also does not reopen on Inauguration Day, but some time later. The most recent iteration opened in the summer of 2009.

Animaniac93-98

As I understand it, they make molds/sculpts of each candidate after the parties decide them and then once the election is over they go on to build the winner's AA.

donaldtoo

Didn't the guy that has done all the sculptures for the HoP die this past year. If there is any reason why they might stop the current president speech might be that. I'm sure someone with talent is waiting in the wings to take over, but, those are some big shoes to fill.

Yes, that was Blaine Gibson, and he passed in July of '15 at age 97. The last President for HoP he sculpted was George W. Bush. His apprentice, Valerie Edwards, sculpted Barack Obama.

Zippity-do-DAD

Gosh, that's a good question, but as "polarized" as we (Americans), are right now, id almost just rather have a "historical", figure like Washington or Lincoln that is at least less polarizing. There's enough politics in the real world, and I like the somewhat "apolitical" world of Disney as it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom