Ok tell me about the T-Rex Place

DisneyfanMA

Thanks. We'll book reservations 6 mos in advance. I don't have high expectations of the food, but we can suffer through kids chicken fingers and some mediocre burgers if the themeing is as awesome as it looks. My kids will be 5-8 years old at the time of visit and I think they'd love it.

MouseMelly

Thanks. We'll book reservations 6 mos in advance. I don't have high expectations of the food, but we can suffer through kids chicken fingers and some mediocre burgers if the themeing is as awesome as it looks. My kids will be 5-8 years old at the time of visit and I think they'd love it.

They’ll love it! And the steak wasn’t terrible, but only if you’re on the DDP. Otherwise, share it, as it’s a lot of food and $$. Enjoy! Watch out for the meteor shower. 😉

Weather_Lady

You'll need reservations or a Landry's Select Club membership (the restaurant's rewards program - one benefit is "priority seating," meaning you can show up anytime and be seated as if you had a reservation for that time -- that doesn't mean there won't be a brief wait, but you won't wait any longer than those with prior reservations).

T-REX has a surprisingly diverse menu (at least, I found it so), and although I was only looking for a small, light, soup-and-salad type meal and not a burger or steak when I visited, I had many items from which to choose. However, the restaurant is LOUD -- both with sound effects and with little children -- and the lighting changes frequently, so you'll want to be prepared for a bit of sensory overload. :) The kids (and your own inner child) will love it, however!

Last edited:

aliceismad

I agree that T-Rex is loud, and the food sort of meh. The atmosphere is fun, but I wouldn't go back unless my kid was dying to eat there.

ObscurityPoint

When we visit WDW my DW and I each pick a “smaller” meal one night, usually after a big breakfast. I usually pick Sunshine Seasons or the Plaza for a burger & shake. DW’s “go to” place was Cosmic Rays but since they reduced the menu, she has been experimenting. This year she wants to go the T-Rex at the marketplace. First I do not think that is really a “smaller” meal and second, we are an older couple, me in my 60’s she in her 50”s, our son is in college, but I digress.
We have been to the Rainforest Café when our DS was young and I was under-whelmed then. I looked at the menu and I can get salad or a burger but I do not want a migraine on the side. So other than meh food what else awaits?
While I haven’t eaten at T-Rex, I’ve eaten at several Rainforest Cafes around the country. They’re both owned by Landry’s restaurants inc. , not Disney, so I would expect that the food quality would be somewhat similar to that of Rainforest’s. Again, T-Rex is a newer brand for the company so maybe the food is slightly better, it’s really just a pick of atmosphere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom