Ok, I've got some questions.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Just wondering about some of the projects that were going on or are continuing to go on around the parks.

First, what ever became of the beam cleaning in EPCOT. I've seen photos recently that still show it dirty in some areas. Is this project still ongoing or has it been stopped?

Second, we all know that many of the buildings in Magic Kingdom have been getting refurbed over the past year or more, but does anyone know how much is actually left to do or what areas have been pretty much dealt with so far? How much more is left on Main Street to be completed? Fantasyland, Frontierland and Liberty Square facades should be pretty close to completed as well, correct? So is Tomorrowland and Adventureland all thats left?

Third, do we have any solid information on some of the possible changes coming? For example, the Toy Story rehab coming up in August, any solid information that its more than just a clean-up job? How about Muppets? Are we sure its getting the digital conversion this May?

And lastly, Steve had this to say about World of Color coming to WDW:

"I would say there is a very high chance of elements of this coming to WDW."

I've seen two ideas tossed around which are AK and a replacement for ROE. Which of these is the more likely candidate?

Ok, I think thats it. :wave:

Figment632

Just wondering about some of the projects that were going on or are continuing to go on around the parks.

First, what ever became of the beam cleaning in EPCOT. I've seen photos recently that still show it dirty in some areas. Is this project still ongoing or has it been stopped?

Second, we all know that many of the buildings in Magic Kingdom have been getting refurbed over the past year or more, but does anyone know how much is actually left to do or what areas have been pretty much dealt with so far? How much more is left on Main Street to be completed? Fantasyland, Frontierland and Liberty Square facades should be pretty close to completed as well, correct? So is Tomorrowland and Adventureland all thats left?

Third, do we have any solid information on some of the possible changes coming? For example, the Toy Story rehab coming up in August, any solid information that its more than just a clean-up job? How about Muppets? Are we sure its getting the digital conversion this May?

And lastly, Steve had this to say about World of Color coming to WDW:

"I would say there is a very high chance of elements of this coming to WDW."

I've seen two ideas tossed around which are AK and a replacement for ROE. Which of these is the more likely candidate?

Ok, I think thats it. :wave:

DOn't hold your breath on WOC but I could see tech being used to upgrade ROE.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I believe the monorail cleaning is ongoing, but I'm not certain if it's only done at night. Nevertheless, it's a slow process....

SeaCastle

I never realized that Adventureland and Tomorrowland (the two lands next on the list for a make-over) never received any funds from the Magic Kingdom beautification budget. Thanks for pointing that out. :wave:

MissM

I never realized that Adventureland and Tomorrowland (the two lands next on the list for a make-over) never received any funds from the Magic Kingdom beautification budget. Thanks for pointing that out. :wave:
Adventureland is undergoing that HUGE bathroom re-do right now.

And Tomorrowland just went through the big Bathroom/Skyway Station reno when they did Space Mountain's rehab.

Lee

Adventurer

RoE.
The lake at AK is not suitable for WoC, and is not even an option that is being considered.
However, some elements of WoC may be used for the next enhancement to/replacement of RoE.

tnemgif

Third, do we have any solid information on some of the possible changes coming? For example, the Toy Story rehab coming up in August, any solid information that its more than just a clean-up job?
I don't think the TSMM refurb has even been confirmed yet. I think it was just a passing rumor on another site, but I am curious as to whether it is true as well.

jt04

My hunch on the monorail beam is that they had to wait until after the F&G Fest. Mainly it's the beams over the large displays of flowers and water features so I'm guessing the can't reach those areas without causing damage by either the equipment they are using or by whatever is in the cleaning agent. I'd bet money they get finished this summer.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I really wouldn't mind seeing something along the lines of WoC at DtD. That would really liven the place up.....:)

djkidkaz

Original Poster
I really wouldn't mind seeing something along the lines of WoC at DtD. That would really liven the place up.....:)

Not a bad idea either, but they would really have to add more to DTD. I think alot of people would be frustrated having to make a trip to DTD just to see this show.

yensid67

Not a bad idea either, but they would really have to add more to DTD. I think alot of people would be frustrated having to make a trip to DTD just to see this show.

Understand your thinking, but if they installed a viewing area along the lake and WOC think of what a draw that would be to DTD area...

More people means more money and possible dining packages with preferred viewing areas...another way for Disney to make more money and get people into the reataurants at DTD!

I, personally, would love to see WOC come to MK, EP, or DHS as an ADDITIONAL nightime show! Seeing it on youtube makes it look worth while for WDW to be next to get WOC show! "MARK MY WORDS< YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!" LOL:ROFLOL:

Just joking, but would be awesome as an optional nighttime, close of park show!

hrcollectibles

I bet we will never see a major overhaul after disney abandoned plans to expand the brand accross the country. I just hope they replace and repair machines.

I am confused.. DO you hope they replace Disneyquest and then update the attractions? That would not be a very smart business move.. whay close down something and them update the attractions

SeaCastle

They have a budget of $21.3 million for the MK redo and it looks like they are going to use it.

What is this figure for? The entire Magic Kingdom beautification project?

All towards bathroom refurbs.... nothing like flushing money down the drain

Not necessarily...if I'm reading bruiser659's most correctly, the $21.3 million was for the Magic Kingdom beautification project, which includes the facade refurbs you've seen on Main Street, in the old Fantasyland, around the Castle, etc.

Now, there is a $750,000 bathroom refurbishment going on in Adventureland at the moment. I do not believe there are any other bathroom refurbs occuring at present. I do not know whether or not this was included in the $21.3 budget, but I do know that the last time there was a widespread bathroom refurbishment (that I know of) was in 2000 in which they refurbished practically every restroom in the Magic Kingdom. Bathrooms are used by thousands of guests each day- putting some time into keeping them in working order isn't exactly money flushing down the toilet (in my opinion).

jrlang1

I am confused.. DO you hope they replace Disneyquest and then update the attractions? That would not be a very smart business move.. whay close down something and them update the attractions
Disney quest was a pilot to see if it would work in major cities. I have gone to disney quest on my last trip and most of the machines were broken in some way(stuck buttons, broken flippers, ect). To replace or update the machines would be a very cheap refeb but becuase they are not going to be making more disney quests around the country i bet that it will continue to get worse until they are forced to close the attraction becuase of bad reviews.

I do not hope they close the attration but they have allready closed its copy in chicago http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Quest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom