Ohana's & Fireworks...

Justbranches5

We arrive Sept 21(-28) and had planned on dining at Ohana's one evening. We have heard that it's sometimes possible to view the fireworks from Ohana's while dining. Anyone have any tips on the best time to request for dinner in order to do that? Do they still honor window seating requests (I've read posts from those who have done that)? Thanks for your help! :animwink:

WDWKat26

Absolutely, call 1-407-WDW-DINE, and depending on which night you decide to eat at Ohana, you can check www.disneyworld.com, and whatever time the park closes, usually is the time that Wishes is presented. The closer you make your Reservations for Dining to Wishes, the better chance you'll have of seeing them. I'd say make the reservations within the hour. So if Wishes is at 9, make them for 8:00 or so. Also, I believe they still play the Wishes soundtrack along with the fireworks in the Polynesian so it's definitely worth waiting for. Oh YEAH! Don't forget to request a table near the window when you make the reservation!

Upvote 0

Discmen

I was just down and ate at Ohana. We were staying at the Poly so we weren't going to watch the fireworks from the resturant. Anyway, I followed some advice from this site and made sure to ask for a table in the main dining room, which the host noted on our slip. We had great seats near the window. If it is packed, tell the host you are willing to wait for a good table.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
We did this in January and it was awesome so I'm planning to do it again in September. Just tell the host/ess that you would like a window seat with a good view of the fireworks and that you're willing to wait. Plan on waiting at least 30-45 minutes for a table, if not longer.

Wishes will be at 8:00 on the night we are eating at 'Ohana so we made priority seating for 6:50. We're going to check in and request our table at 6:30 so we'll be seated by 7:30. Then we'll have all our food served before the fireworks start.

So my advice is, make your reservation for a little over an hour before the fireworks will start, and then check in and request your table about 90 minutes before the fireworks start. Even if you got seated immediately (unlikely) dinner takes about an hour and a half to 2 hours there so you would definitely catch Wishes during your meal.

This is what the view is like: http://www.andrew-laura.com/Albums/Jan2005Florida/IMG_0318.JPG It's awesome!

By the way, we'll be eating at 'Ohana for dinner on September 29th, so I will have just missed you!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom