'Ohana question

Capt. Salty

I made dinner reservations for february at 'Ohana based on reviews, but was wondering, is the character breakfast at 'Ohana a better choice? Thanks for the insight.

Ella's Mommy

I've been to both many times and dinner is better for food. Breakfast is just that breakfast. You can get that anywhere. The dinner is awesome. The maui potatoes are sooo amazing:slurp: Stick with dinner:wave:

Upvote 0

miles1

I just experienced dinner there for the first time last week, and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

We've always enjoyed the character breakfast at Chef Mickey's. It's a good choice for character interaction and the food offers a lot of variety, not just standard bacon and eggs.

Upvote 0

vilegirl

Dinner!! I always go at least once during every trip. I was just there last week as a matter of fact and it was so worth it. The character breakfast is fun, but it's just traditional breakfast food. The dinner is so unique and delicious. I think it's my favorite dinner in WDW. It's hard to pick just one, but Ohana is definitely at the very top!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dannytaylor

When i went for ESPN THE WEEKEND this past march i went for dinner and i would have went every night on my dinning plan if i could have,it was awsome,the bread pudding is to friggin die for.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

It depends on how important the characters are to you. This is the only place that has some of those characters (although I saw Stich at the MK on the last trip, I've never seen Lilo anywhere else), so if you and your party absolutely have to see those characters, then there you go - breakfast is your only choice. But the food is decidedly ordinary breakfast food.

Having said that, dinner is great. The kids get to play games (like a hula-hoop contest and other fun stuff), and it's a great show by the kids for the grown-ups as well. The food is pretty good - not the best I've had - but certainly plenty of it. Eat all you care to, and they do not make you wait for it. (although the service style is odd - it's like Brazilian barbeque - I've never heard of this style of service being associated with polynesia - Oh, well; it doesn't really matter).

Anyway, why not do both?

Upvote 0

LivinWitTheLand

Don't waste your time on breakfast. It's roughly the same thing as you could have at any other Disney breakfast.

Dinner is much better and more entertaining. I'm not a big fan of the new dinner menu. I really liked the arrangement previously, except the addition of the bread pudding for dessert is awesome.

Upvote 0

Jim Disney

I checked the breakfast menu... and as most others have said, it's pretty much the same thing as anywhere else. On top of that... there's no meat on sticks at breakfast. If there's no meat on sticks... they might as well not even bother calling it Ohana!

Upvote 0

DizFanatic

:slurp: Ohana is our favorite place to eat, possibly anywhere! We've gone several times for dinner, but couldn't get a reservation during our December visit:cry: . Never done breakfast there. I would definately keep the dinner reservation. Eat a light lunch & be prepared to pig out. The shrimp wantons on the lazy susan are fantastic.

If you want more of the appy's, just ask, they'll gladly bring more.

Next trip we won't delay our reservation!

Upvote 0

Yankeeplex

the dinner rocks and the broom games with the kids is priceless...don't pass up dinner as we did the breakfast also but were much more impressed with the dinner food...

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
As always, you guys are the best! We've seen Lilo and Stitch at AK and MK, and you're all correct, breakfast is just that. We've eaten at Boma a few times and that's our current favorite. Really looking forward to this...We're keeping the Dinner Reservation.
Wasn't all that impressed w/Chef Mickey either. Food quality was good, but overall, it was just ok for us.
Anyway, thanks again everyone. Really do appreciate it!
:wave:

Upvote 0

darrin933

Go to dinner, thats when the tambu lounge is open so you can hang with Walter, John, Fransisco, Stephan and the boys and have a lapu lapu as you wait for your table.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom