Ohana or Whispering Canyon Cafe`

SheenaXena

I've decided to go to the MNSSHP in October. So I'll have to change around my PS. I've read some good reviews on both WCC and Ohanas. I just wanted some opinions and thoughts from people who have eaten at these places. They both sound really great! There will be 2 adults and 5 and 7 year old girls. Thanks. Yeah!! 22 days to go!:slurp:

mayrag

Ohana

We went with our 6 year old daughter to Ohana Breakfast. It was just beyond great. The food is excellent, everything is beyond perfect. When we were there, Charlotte, our waitress walked us to out table to find out that the table assigned to us was in the window, she changed us to another one. At first, we didn't know what she was doing, but when the characters started appearing, we noticed that being in the "other" table, was helpful. She seated us just beside the corridor, and the characters had much space to be with us...Also they make a parade, they give you maracas for this, and being there helps a lot. Will definitely go to OHANA

Upvote 0

ImagineAtl23

Well.........

I have been to both, WCC is a really fun experience with all the eccentrics of the cast, but if you are looking for food quality(not that WCC is bad) Ohana is extremely good, the waiters come by with long skewers of beef shrimp and pork and they "shuck" it off on your plate, and theres other stuff too, and like every 30 mins there is some kiddie luau thing(rodeo in WCC) Take your pick.

Upvote 0

jiddng

We've been to dinner at O'Hana. At that time, the window seat is the preferred one, if it looks like you'll still be there when Wishes starts. They dim the lights, and pipe the music in, and you can see the fireworks from across the lagoon.

During dinner they'll invite the kids up for hula hoops or a mock race with balls and brooms..

Upvote 0

Feta

No question about it - O'hana!!!

Love the food and the atmosphere. Really awesome wings in the lead - before all the skewers start coming around.

Color me green. :D

Upvote 0

rick3236

Tough choice. DO BOTH!!!!!

I will tell you that I have eaten at both and you get a unique experience at each. Our family had three kids with us when we ate at WCC and it was an absolute blast. The cast was fantastic and really funny. The food was excellent. Most of us got the Skillets and everythng was really good.

We had a smaller group only 4 of us, and we really enjoyed the food and had a very enjoyable evening.

In the end I think you will be very happy whatever choice you make.

Have fun, that's the most important thing right,

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We have also eaten at both and I would pick 'Ohana. I'm not really into the type of food they served for dinner at the Whispering Canyon (BBQ Style). It was good and came in large portions. The entertainment is basically the same as any other time of the day (Breakfast there is the best!).

We enjoyed the dinner at 'Ohana much more (though I understand they are making changes to the menu that we won't care for).

Either way though, you will get a great meal. :wave:

Upvote 0

airmed484

We have been to both...and I have to say O'hana is the best. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was really cool. My twins (3 at the time) had a blast knocking the coconut around. But do try to get to WCC, the bbq there was great and the staff was fun too.....

Upvote 0

mhead

Normally I would scream O"HANA, but with the rediculous menu change they are having I might have to change my mind. I have never been to WCC though so I can't really say.

Upvote 0

DopeysGirl1226

Whispering Canyon is one of my favorite resturants, but for breakfast only. The atmosphere is great and the food great too!

Whispering Canyon for Breakfast is my pick!

Upvote 0

SheenaXena

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! This helped alot. What kind of menu changes are they having at Ohanas? I read in the guidebook they had stuff like the wings, pork, shrimp, and beef skewers w/ rice. :slurp: But this is last years book too.It sounds like everyone, hands down, likes Ohanas. But I do like BBQ too. This is hard! It's going to come down to the menu at Ohanas.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Both are great, but I think the experience you get at Whispering Canyon is better. The foods are totally different however, so you need to decide which you prefer.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

mhead said:
Normally I would scream O"HANA, but with the rediculous menu change they are having I might have to change my mind. I have never been to WCC though so I can't really say.

I have to agree with you. Seeing the menu changes we may not be returning anytime soon.

From the latest ALL EARS newsletter...

"On Monday, August 29, the menu was the same, but on Thursday,
September 1, the pineapple with caramel sauce for dessert was
changed to bread pudding with vanilla ice cream. This is a
permanent change, and our waiter also informed us that other
items will be changing. The wontons will go, the fried rice will
go, scalloped potatoes have already replaced the rice, and more
changes are to come. The worst news is that the fire-grilled
shrimp will be replaced with a skillet of shrimp".

Upvote 0

SheenaXena

Original Poster
It's too bad that they changed the menu. But I asked the girls which one they wanted. One said Hawaiian and the other said BBQ. But, I think I'm going to go with WCC. Thanks everyone for your input. 3 weeks to go!!!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Its a tough choice, battered and bruised ankles from out of control coconuts, or burts ear drums from misuse of ketchup.

I enjoy the food at both think its good value quality is good for what is effectively a mass produced meal and the serving staff are fun in pleasant surroundings.

Trails End buffet is worth considering but not quite so glamourous

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom