ohana for dinner

JimboJones123

Original Poster
We have done breakfast there several times and were wondering if it was worth it for dinner. We went to the luau last trip and loved it -- but I don't eat ribs. So I got chickened out. Is there more there? What is the dinner atmosphere like? Is it served on the family style platters too? Thanks.

popsicletrees

Your side dishes are served on a family style platter. They had excellent shrimp! I don't care for ribs but I got plenty, plenty of meat to eat there. The atmosphere was very fun and inviting. They had a hula-hoop contest for the kids at dinner while I was there. It isn't twirl the napkin over your head family environment like at Chef Mickey's, but I think anyone of any age would have a good time there.

tigsmom

The menu is different than the luau. Its been changed in the not too recent past, but everyone seems to like the new additions. Haven't been back since the change, but we love the dinner/atmosphere.

'Ohana Menu

masterv

I saw this special on Food Network called Disney Weddings and one of the couples was doing their rehersal dinners at Ohana. The place looked fabulous and the food looked AWESOME! I can't wait to go now myself. I didn't even know the place exisited until I saw it on T.V.

withasmile

last year in august we ate at Ohana's and we didn't like it that much. It was okay. After we went to Casey's Corner at the Magic Kingdom and got hotdogs and french fries.

PixyDust

I guess we've eaten at Ohana's 7 or 8 times, including a visit since the menu change. It continues to be a favorite of ours. Something for everyone, and a great view of fireworks if you time it right!

Japhy

We have never eaten there before, but watching the Weddings at Disney special on the Food Network, we decided we had to go for the dinner. Besides, once our 8 year old daughter saw the buckets of ice you eat with a shovel, she really wanted to go.

So not having actually eaten there yet, but seeing what the food looks like on TV, I'd say it's a good bet.

masterv

withasmile said:
last year in august we ate at Ohana's and we didn't like it that much. It was okay.

What didn't you like about it? You can't just leave feedback like that without at least telling us why you didn't enjoy it. Did the food taste bad? Did they have poor choices? Was the service terrible? Come on give us something.

I still want to go myself. I'm not a kid but I'd like one of the buckets of shaved ice too. :D

New2WDW

We ate O'Hanas last October (free dining:slurp: ) and we thought it was a great place! Our two little girls did not love the food overall but they liked the Coconut race and Hula hoops and even thou I did not like all the types of food (picky eater) I loved what I ate. They bring the meat around on skewers and there is plenty of side dishes!

New2WDW

CoffeeJedi said:
:lol::slurp::slurp:
aye, the best Irish pub in all of Hawaii!

OOPS! I told you I went for the first time last October.:lol:

well, after re-reading my last post I did not say "first".

BRER STITCH

O'HANA ROCKS!!!!!!

:sohappy: :slurp: :sohappy: :slurp:

JIMBO....by no means is O'Hana a "ribs joint"!!! In fact, they do not even serve ribs there at all anymore!!! :(

I love it there and, along with the Hoop Dee Doo, are the only places I'm sure to hit EVERY visit to WDW!!!

Remember...it is served FAMILY STYLE, which means you can get as much of any one - or ALL - of the items you like the most!

They have:

Shrimp and Chicken Wings for a first course, then they bring out the skewers full of delicious TURKEY, STEAK, SAUSAGE, and PORK LOIN, accompanied by cheesy scalloped potatoes and I hear you can get stir-fried veggies there, but they'd never be caught on MY plate with all that other great stuff to choose from!! :lol:

They also serve a neat version of bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and bananna sauce for dessert too,.....if you still have any room left! :D

ENJOY!

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom