Ohana Dinner Children's selection?

domandtab

We are eating at Ohana next week and were wondering what the optional children's selections are? Hoping but not positive our 2 little picky eaters will like all the food! Please help!!!
Thank You!:)

tigsmom

We are eating at Ohana next week and were wondering what the optional children's selections are? Hoping but not positive our 2 little picky eaters will like all the food! Please help!!!
Thank You!:)

If you go into our Restaurant & Dining Forum you can find a link to the menus;

There doesn't seem to be any separate children's menu (and I don't remember being given the option either), my picky kids found plenty to eat and I hope yours do too.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Dining/Ohana/Menus/24Oct2011-'Ohana-dinner-menu-.htm

Upvote 0

tikiman

Children can get a special menu that includes chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, grilled cheese, pb&j, hamburger or cheese burger. Kids 3-9 eat free.

Upvote 0

domandtab

Original Poster
Thank you! My 3 year old is a very pickey eater and changes each day on what she will eat!! If kids eat free, will they only charge us 2 meals on our dining plan? Confused by this family of 4, 2 kids 5 and 3, never seen anywhere where the kids are free!!!

Upvote 0

tikiman

Thank you! My 3 year old is a very pickey eater and changes each day on what she will eat!! If kids eat free, will they only charge us 2 meals on our dining plan? Confused by this family of 4, 2 kids 5 and 3, never seen anywhere where the kids are free!!!

Most places we went in WDW when our son was under the age of 3 he ate free.

Upvote 0

tikiman

I do believe for the kids to eat free they must not order a special menu, or at least that is how it use to be. You might want to check.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

Thank you so much!!!! We leave Saturday for Disney and the girls don't know yet!!!!! So Excited!!!!!
Wow! So excited for you guys, have a magical trip. My kiddos asked for the kid selections at Ohana but ate more from the Regular menu. We all loved this dinner so much it's on our upcoming August itinerary again, enjoy!!

Upvote 0
When we went to Ohana, we just asked the waiter about a children's menu for my son, when we ordered our drinks. My son is extremely picky due to sensory issues, so Ohana's food was not an option. The waiter was great. He brought out a huge plate of chicken nuggets and fries for him and told him if he wanted more to let him know. Disney is so wonderful with accomodating children. Even if it's not on the menu, they can usually come up with something picky eaters will eat.

Upvote 0

LizC

I see this thread is from 2012. Does this all still hold true? Does 'Ohana offer different options for picky children if asked? We want to go there again and my kids would eat the mac & cheese and chicken nuggets.

Upvote 0

LAM378

I see this thread is from 2012. Does this all still hold true? Does 'Ohana offer different options for picky children if asked? We want to go there again and my kids would eat the mac & cheese and chicken nuggets.

I was there this past Friday with kids ages 5, 3, and 1. The kids were offered mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, burgers, and hot dogs (all with fries) and were also welcome to eat from the family-style platters if anything caught their eyes. My 1-year-old niece was fairly miserable with a cold, and our awesome server offered to bring her "anything"--chicken soup, plain pasta, fruit, ice cream, anything we could think up. They were incredibly accommodating.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I've never had a TS experience at Disney where they did not accommodate my kiddo, even in her picky moods.

I have had TS experiences where they have had terrible kids menus (she was about done with meaty macaroni after the last trip, that seems to be their fall back item..and it's inconsistent at best, so I can understand why).

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I was there this past Friday with kids ages 5, 3, and 1. The kids were offered mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, burgers, and hot dogs (all with fries) and were also welcome to eat from the family-style platters if anything caught their eyes. My 1-year-old niece was fairly miserable with a cold, and our awesome server offered to bring her "anything"--chicken soup, plain pasta, fruit, ice cream, anything we could think up. They were incredibly accommodating.
^^ Yep. Just that!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I know there are several trip reports in the mix where you see a picky child provided chicken nuggets and mac. My kids never needed this, but we did have one server on one of our visits fear they wouldn't like the bread pudding. He brought us bowls of vanilla ice cream just in case they were picky about dessert like other kids he's served.

Upvote 0

LizC

Thank you all!!!! After all my trips, only two with kids, I had no clue the restaurants did this. I was only choosing restaurants that had kid meals that would appeal to my very picky autistic daughter. This really opens up a world of new options for us. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom