Ohana and Kona Questions

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Got a few questions about these 2 restaurants. We will be in the world for my daughters bday and she loves steak. Right now I have a reservation at Skipper Canteen in Magoc Kingdom, but we are staying at the Poly and it will be our last night so thinking we might just want to chill. At the resort that night. She is a picky kid, so can you get the steaks only lightly seasoned at Kona? And for Ohana, it looks like those meat skewers all have a sauce to them as well, better to skip it, or do they offer plain ones too? Finally, should we maybe just buck up and stick to the Skippers? Never been and it does look kinda fun

JohnD

Got a few questions about these 2 restaurants. We will be in the world for my daughters bday and she loves steak. Right now I have a reservation at Skipper Canteen in Magoc Kingdom, but we are staying at the Poly and it will be our last night so thinking we might just want to chill. At the resort that night. She is a picky kid, so can you get the steaks only lightly seasoned at Kona? And for Ohana, it looks like those meat skewers all have a sauce to them as well, better to skip it, or do they offer plain ones too? Finally, should we maybe just buck up and stick to the Skippers? Never been and it does look kinda fun

Skippers is fun. You get corny jokes and they do have a good steak. On the plus side for adults is you can order beer and wine. I think Kona's dinner menu is too pricey for steak. Your better value is Skipper Canteen. 'Ohana is a different experience with the skewers of food. It's good though, and you won't go hungry.

Amos1784

All the meats at Ohana come "plain", the sauces are on the side for dipping.

As for Kona, yes I am sure they can go lightly on the seasoning however I would check their most recent menu change on the website. Prices have really increased and I would just make sure you want to spend that $$ on an under seasoned steak ;)

We like Skippers however if you are not planning on doing anything else in the park that night my choice for what its worth would be to just stay around the resort and relax.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom