Oh, sorry, you're only Stand By.

Ginzuishou

Original Poster
I was at Epcot recently and something really started to bug me.

I noticed that the regular line for rides was labeled as the "Stand By" line. I was confused at first, as I associated Stand By as being "filler" or "available only if there is room." This comes off as being slightly rude to me.

Some parks, such as Six Flags, offer a Fast Pass option; however, you pay double the park entrance fee for a full day of immediate loading. Not many are willing to do this , so the Fast Pass line is never long.

It seems Disney's Fast Pass line is now turning into the MAIN line of a ride. The sheer amount of Fast Pass users was insane and some fast pass lines were backed up.

I got really tired of seeing Fast Pass guests flying onto the rides, while I waited and waited and waited.......and waited. You get punished for actually waiting in line now. Disney wants you to get a fast pass and then plan your day around return times. Who wants to do that? Not me.

DisneyOutsider

Disney wants you to get a fast pass and then plan your day around return times. Who wants to do that? Not me.

I want to do that... gladly. I enjoy not waiting in excessively long lines. It makes the day more enjoyable. You should really try taking advantage of the Fastpass feature.

Proper use of the FastPass feature allows you to maximize the number of things you can do in your day at the parks. You can get a fastpass to your favorite E ticket attractions and then schedule visits to smaller attractions in the in-between time and not have to worry about ridiculous lines, AND it's of no extra charge. What's not to love??

Mr_Incredible

I know this goes against everything you said at the end of your post but......get a fastpass :lol:

They give you ample time to plan it out correctly. There is plenty to do at Disney World near everything....so if I get a FP at Splash I can go on BTM, get a drink, go to pirates, hang at tom sawyer island etc. You don't need to stand around waiting. I don't understand the FP hate, obviously, looking at your post, tons of people are using it without issue......

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, at least this thread isn't from 2003.....

If you don't want to wait, get a FastPass. Or else get to the ride early in the day. But certain rides are popular and therefore have long lines.

CP_alum08

I noticed that the regular line for rides was labeled as the "Stand By" line. I was confused at first, as I associated Stand By as being "filler" or "available only if there is room." This comes off as being slightly rude to me.

Some parks, such as Six Flags, offer a Fast Pass option; however, you pay double the park entrance fee for a full day of immediate loading. Not many are willing to do this , so the Fast Pass line is never long.

It seems Disney's Fast Pass line is now turning into the MAIN line of a ride. The sheer amount of Fast Pass users was insane and some fast pass lines were backed up.

I got really tired of seeing Fast Pass guests flying onto the rides, while I waited and waited and waited.......and waited. You get punished for actually waiting in line now. Disney wants you to get a fast pass and then plan your day around return times. Who wants to do that? Not me.

Well, that is sort of the point of fastpass, to 'skip the line'. And obviously you haven't heard about the next generation of fastpass, in which everything about your vacation is planned out months before you even get there. Personally not a fan of that idea, but I do love fastpass.

And haven't the non-fastpass lines always been labeled stand-by?

LaughingGravy

I think the only one in my experiences that you need to plan your day around a fast pass for is Soarin', as they apparently run out pretty early in the day.
I have seen insane standby times there.
There is also a pretty long distance from the Soarin' entrance to just about anything else, so on top of starting your day to go all the way in there for a fastpass, you have to plan your second time there.

The Land doesn't have a whole lot to see there, except Lunch.
Once you've done the boat/hydroponics thing once, you really don't need to do it again.

Grumps

Don't like it...don't use it...don't complain when other people do. :shrug:

G00fyDad

I want to do that... gladly. I enjoy not waiting in excessively long lines. It makes the day more enjoyable. You should really try taking advantage of the Fastpass feature.

Proper use of the FastPass feature allows you to maximize the number of things you can do in your day at the parks. You can get a fastpass to your favorite E ticket attractions and then schedule visits to smaller attractions in the in-between time and not have to worry about ridiculous lines, AND it's of no extra charge. What's not to love??

^ This.

Agree with every one,the FP is great and easy to use,it ain't rocket science to work out a plan.:wave:

^^ This.

Don't like it...don't use it...don't complain when other people do. :shrug:

^^^^ THIS ^^^^ :wave:

Cmdr_Crimson

There is also the advantage of taking the Single riders line. Yes at times it's maybe a 10 to 15 minute wait but it does go as quickly as a fastpass.

wilkeliza

There is also the advantage of taking the Single riders line. Yes at times it's maybe a 10 to 15 minute wait but it does go as quickly as a fastpass.

I always use single rider lines unless I am traveling with someone who it is my first time going with. Outside of that single rider (besides R&R) is so much faster. I really wish they would bring back the TSM and Soarin' Single Rider lines so that when I go to the CP in the fall I wouldn't have to wait in standby for those. I am more willing to wait 10 minutes (up to 30 really) and hang out with my friends in the cue and then ride rides by ourselves that we have all been on multiple times together than to stand in the stand by line for over an hour just to be in the same car. On most trips we get lucky in standby and end up in the same cars anyways.

Clamman73

I always use single rider lines unless I am traveling with someone who it is my first time going with. Outside of that single rider (besides R&R) is so much faster.

Since I'm not a kid anymore going to Disney with my family, we kill it on Test Track...Do once all together and then hit up single rider line multiple times w/out waiting. (that's in Sept when it's not too busy) I just hope I don't spoil the picture on the ride for the other family. :p

dsnyfreak

:lookarounim thinking the new stricter rules regarding FP return times being that you HAVE to return within the noted time on the pass, will make the FP lines not seem to be sooo long and the stand by lines never move..since a large number of ppl were getting passes and coming back at end of day. so even when the FP are all depleted and the return time haslong expired and there are 100's of ppl in the return line at end of day making the lines never ending.. hoping on august on my next trip this will be a good thing!!:veryconfu

Uncle Lupe

I wonder how the Next Gen pre planned fast pass system will change how you can get day of fast passes. If you have a pre planned pass for Soarin' from 12-1. Will you be able to get another fast pass the day of before that time or will you have to wait until you planned time expires?

WED Purist

Once you've done the boat/hydroponics thing once, you really don't need to do it again.

The Land is one of my favorite ride in Epcot. It makes me want to eat better, and plant what I eat. The feeling doesn't usually last through a trip around World Showcase, but I get the feeling every time.

Clamman73

The Land doesn't have a whole lot to see there, except Lunch.Once you've done the boat/hydroponics thing once, you really don't need to do it again.

Well, the thing I miss about the original Listen to the Land was someone narrating the ride (and the song) which made it an almost new experience every time. That and the spinning lettuce growing contraption from the '80s...

Make believe you're a tiny little seed

BrittanyRose428

Get a fastpass then? :shrug: Its not exactly planning your entire day, its planning that for some point during a certain hour you will go on a ride. Isn't that what you do with meals anyways? Either way, I don't understand the issue with fastpasses, because I hardly ever use them to begin with and seem to do just fine.

rct247

The Cast Members at the merge points of the stand-by & Fastpass lines hear this all the time. The Stand-by line hates seeing so many Fastpass go and they have to wait.

The question is always pitched though. If you had a Fastpass, would you want to wait with a Fastpass? No, exactly, so we have to keep it moving, and unfortunately, it means stand-by line wait is longer. It's one of the down sides of the system, but without it you wouldn't be happy that you would have to wait anyways. Just next time get a Fastpass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom