Trip Report "Oh boy...It's good to be home*..."

Hey all...

One of the shining lights of the reopening is the chance to read all of the trip reports again and share our stories. There was a huge lull during the late spring early summer and it's great to see all of the new ones loaded up!

Soooo...I wanted to get in on the fun! It was good to be home...note the asterisk in the title, I am sure you all know why... Not going to complain about the changes, although throughout the report, I may advocate for a few to remain in place...as did my wife!!

On with the show... Me(Billy), Heather(no age, she'd kill me), Liam(6) and Kaiden(22mths)

Our annual September DVC visit with my family and the extended parents and sisters' families as well. Original plans were for my team to stay at Copper Creek, our home resort whilst waiting for my parent's window to pick there but they were limited to Kidani Village as their resort. Pre-shutdown, we had moved our reservation to Jambo House because we've stayed at KV a lot and wanted a different experience, but was closer to the rest of the family... Then after all the shutdowns and closures of Boma and Mara at Jambo and limited to DVC stays, we made the decision to move to Kidani with everyone else. I applauded that choice as we checked in as I prefer the size of the room and the bathroom set up is more desirable. We had a 1 BR all along so we enjoyed the week there, close to the Bus stop and only 1 section away from the elevators. Most know how crazy the walk to rooms can be there...

Saturday 9/26....ORD to MCO

IMG_2037.JPEG

IMG_2040.JPEG
IMG_2041.JPEG

IMG_1097.jpg

Shrouded.....

Very uneventful flight to MCO, got in about 20 minutes early. After the customary bathroom breaks, we headed to baggage and DME.

Liam was excited to sit in front of the APM...Our bags are just coming out on the carrousel when we came down the escalator, so collecting them took less than a minute. Heather had just come out of the elevator with the stroller and went no more than 2 feet and turned right around as she saw us coming with the bags, Score! A short walk to the buses and got right in line for AKL. Pretty much walked right up to the CM as she was letting guests out to the stop. Gave us our seat numbers and we were on our way. The wait to leave was very short as they capped the bus. Heather mentioned it was the shortest amount of time we spent in MCO between deplaning and pulling away from the airport, double score!

IMG_1099.JPG
IMG_1100.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG
IMG_1102.JPG

Our stops would be Pop Century, Yacht Club and then Kidani...
IMG_2042.JPEG
IMG_1104.JPG

Took a quick shot of the Skyliner..last year we had left 2 days before opening and about 7 days before the mishap...We were excited to try it out!

Billy6

Original Poster
IMG_1150.JPG

I didn't take any pictures on the ride the first time around but all I can say is WOW. I think it hits all the marks and immerses you in the Star Wars Galaxy. I absolutely loved it...

It was Heather's turn to go on with Liam so Kaiden and I went for a stroll...

IMG_2057.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

Billy6

Original Poster
After our "flight"(it was bumpy)... We headed to Droid Depot to check in out for the kids...

Liam got his R2 hat and a few other toys to play with during the week... Kaiden was up so it was a good time to hit Toy Story Land.

IMG_1153.jpg
IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg
IMG_2055.JPG

Got on Aliens, Midway Mania...Slinky Dog was about 90 min so we decided to come back later in the day. Was a good call as we only waited 30 and did the rider swap too at night.

Stopped at Backlot Express for lunch and a recharge before continuing the day...

Saw this great shirt while eating!
IMG_1154.jpg

I have an uncle who loves Hawaiian shirts so I sent him a pic of this and he loved it...

We hit Star Tours after lunch and then headed over to Tower so Heather and Liam could ride. It would have been his first time so he was excited... But did he like it?? "I won't go on that again".... Hahahahah...

dispic5.JPG

Having done most of the park, we decided to catch a break and ride the Skyliner. I wanted to do the complete circuit so we can take it easy for a bit and have a fun ride over WDW.
IMG_1164.jpg
IMG_1165.jpg
IMG_1166.jpg

We enjoyed the restful ride around and so did the kids.. I didn't like how the cabins with characters made it harder to see out of them, so on the way back I requested to wait for one that had a clear window. During the flight, I called my family Facetime and showed them the view. They had just gotten to the hotel while we were on.

We headed back to DHS as we had a reservation at Sci Fi Dine In, our first time there...

Last edited:

Billy6

Original Poster
Headed back in to DHS and had a little bit more time before our early dinner, so we hit Toy Story again...

Kaiden leading the charge!!

IMG_1168.jpg

This time he rode with me and scored 7,000 points! I aimed for him and he pulled the string...Good job buddy!!

Time for dinner at Sci Fi (with out @Darstarr)… We planned to go there in a canceled Spring break trip so we booked that one right away when they opened up reservations.

IMG_1169.jpg
IMG_1171.jpg

"Let's all go to the lobby...."

IMG_1170.jpg

We ordered the fried dill pickles as recommended by our server. Very good!!

I had a burger and Heather, a salad... Kids had burgers and mac-n-cheese! The vanilla milk shake Liam ordered was great as well!

I rather enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere. Saw an old Tom and Jerry space cartoon that I remember very well. And saw the One eyed, one horned flying purple people eater... Server was great once he made it to the table, it was pretty busy even with limited capacity.

After dinner, Liam wanted to head over to TSL to wait for Slinky Dog and Heather wanted another ride on TOT.

IMG_1172.jpg

The Goodyear blimp was flying over head...

IMG_1174.jpg

After 2 rides on Slinky it was time to call it a night. Throughout the day, we caught all of the character cavalcades and the Big 5 was about to step off when we started to leave!!

Did some browsing at the shops before heading to the bus stop..

Liam wanted another full R2D2 picture to send to his uncles back at home...
IMG_2064.jpg

With an excellent first day in the books, we headed back to see our family that had gotten in. They were staying on the opposite side of the resort so when we got back, refreshed and went up to their rooms for a bit...

Thank you for all the likes...

Monday would be us all at Magic Kingdom!!

TTFN!!

Billy6

Original Poster
Monday is our traditional Magic Kingdom day... we headed down at 8 to catch the bus.. Everyone else made a bus just behind us so we all got there around the same time.

Ready for the fun!

IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_2067.JPG
IMG_2068.JPG
IMG_2069.JPG

Liam wanted to ride Space Mountain right away but as we got there it wasn't running yet...So we hit Buzz then headed towards Dumbo but made a 30 minute stop at the diamond mine...

2.jpg

3.jpg

We rider swapped, Heather went on with Liam while Kaiden and I went to meet my parents at their favorite Magic Kingdom attraction, Gaston's Tavern...It had just reopened and my dad loves the cinnamon rolls there, I mean who doesn't...I got in line and bought 2 myself, but only shared one!!

lindawdw

I'm late but here!!! Your boys are adorable.:) Your arrival day sounds like it went off without a hitch! I'm so glad that you were able to get an early boarding group for Rise and were also able to step back in line for MMRR!!! I'm excited to read about your day at MK!

Billy6

Original Poster
Everyone met up at Gaston's so we all hit Little Mermaid, Dumbo and Barnstormer together...

4.jpg

5.jpg

IMG_2071.JPG

My sister and nice in back of L and H...

Obligatory Tron construction shot from Barnstormer queue...Can't wait to ride it, but it's a shame the WDW Railroad is closed, one of my favorite things to do here...ride the train.

6.jpg

After I rode with Liam on Barnstormer, Heather took my niece, Mikayla on. It was her first roller coaster...she had a blast!!
IMG_2074.JPG

Kaiden had a chance to play a little while everyone was riding and using the restroom. No water but he was having fun...

7.jpg

Still no Space Mountain open but we headed in that direction again to hit Tomorrowland Speedway...

IMG_2076.JPG
IMG_2077.JPG

That's me in the back, you can barely see Kaiden's head but he was a very good driver around the track!

As we came in for a pit stop, I could see people running towards Space Mountain so it must have just opened. TL was getting crowded but the wait was only about 20 minutes. The physically distant line was pretty weird for SM as was Pirates, but it moved well and I was chatting with a family back home, they lived in a town near me. Started near the TL DVC kiosk, went under the Peoplemover track, then behind the little Joffery's stand, round stage, came back around by the bathrooms, a few switchbacks, then down the stairs by a small rest area, back up to more switchbacks, then into the show building. Once in the building we walked all the way to the switchbacks for 2 times and then split off to each side(Alpha or Omega)... Sooo, we had a spin around Earth in line, then a spin around space on the ride....

Heather and Kaiden waiting for us....

IMG_2079.JPG
IMG_2080.JPG

Once we exited, Liam spotted his first scheduled(for lack of a better descriptor) toy that he wanted to buy...A lightsaber. Again, we tried every trick in the book to make him wait til we left the park but that doesn't work most times...:rolleyes:

We got one and he was happy...pics to come...

It was snack time, so we needed a Mickey pretzel fix. Lunching Pad was closed so we headed to the hub to find a stand...

Found one by Liberty Square entrance and found a spot... We had an early lunch scheduled at Tony's so this was a good appetizer.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Ooh. Realized I’ve just been “like lurking” I forgot to officially follow. 🤦🏻‍♀️ (No wonder I wasn’t getting alerts...)

Seems like a great trip so far! Your kiddos are adorable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom