Ogas cantina

the_rich

Original Poster
I was just able to snag an 830 reservation for Ogas next Monday. I was wondering does anyone know what time they make you leave since the park closed at 9? Is it a strict cutoff or do they give you the full 45 mins?

vikescaper

We had a late reservation our last time there and they pretty much let us linger. We finally had to tell our waiter that we needed to go as we hadn’t had dinner by that point.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
You have done something great - my go-to is to book Oga's as close to closing as possible. They officially close an hour after park the park's listed closing time, but they don't kick you out. They will eventually encourage folks to move along, and I wouldn't suggest trying to stay til midnight, but there isn't a rush. Also, no 2-drink max.

I ended up leaving about an hour after close. They will give you a roadie if you ask (and pay for it). Both times, there was at least one other party still there.

There is something very magical to walking through a virtually empty park, beer in hand. Galaxy's Edge is beautiful at night, and you'll hear a lot of the ambient noise that gets lost in the crowds.

Have fun, and well done!

bhg469

You have done something great - my go-to is to book Oga's as close to closing as possible. They officially close an hour after park the park's listed closing time, but they don't kick you out. They will eventually encourage folks to move along, and I wouldn't suggest trying to stay til midnight, but there isn't a rush. Also, no 2-drink max.

I ended up leaving about an hour after close. They will give you a roadie if you ask (and pay for it). Both times, there was at least one other party still there.

There is something very magical to walking through a virtually empty park, beer in hand. Galaxy's Edge is beautiful at night, and you'll hear a lot of the ambient noise that gets lost in the crowds.

Have fun, and well done!
One of the things I need to do is go back to Ogas before our APs expire in September. We really liked it but it was early on, we were rushed and super cramped. There was nothing special about the drinks but it would be nice to observe the place a little better even if its just 5 or so less people than last time.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
One of the things I need to do is go back to Ogas before our APs expire in September. We really liked it but it was early on, we were rushed and super cramped. There was nothing special about the drinks but it would be nice to observe the place a little better even if its just 5 or so less people than last time.
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the mixed drinks. All too sweet for me. But sweet sells, so....

But their beers are very drinkable, and I'm a fan of the Rodian Ration (the green jello shot with the exploding balls, dried blueberries and pop rocks on top - not only is it fun, but it looks really cool on the bar when it's lit from underneath). The Batuu Bits are great (and would be greater if they were $5.50 and not $11), and the Happabore Sampler is pretty good. We had it on opening day when it was off-menu, so again, tradition.

Plus, the door in and out is one of the only ones in the land that slides just like they do in the movies.

I know some folks are really put off by the fact that 85% of the bar is standing, and most of the time you will share space with others. But it's so popular, that that helps folks adhere to the time limit, and I've struck up some fun conversations with folks every time I've gone in, because the place is just fun.

I guess you could say I'm a fan....

OG Runner

I am sure if you bring a sleeping bag they will let you spend the night, as long as you don't mind helping them clean up the park. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom