Oga's Cantina at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Club Cooloholic

Now I see why they didn't just recreate the mos eisley cantina. Look at that those puny drinks. The cantina in the movie was a real dive bar that served alien sized drinks!
cantina-creatures-1536x864-201224740128.jpg

erasure fan1

Thats a lot of words to say 'I like music'.

There is a thematic reason why there isn't music. Live with it. If you need music for your enjoyment, I don't know what to tell you.

Now, I'm someone that doesn't listen to music basically ever. So I'm definitely biased to not caring about it. But to say things like you don't know what the Falcon is without music is silly.

And I can't comprehend that not having some BGM can negatively influence people to their detriment. Especially those who have only seem the land through YouTube.
You are right, the music was left out for thematic reasons. You said that you aren't a "music" guy and that's fine. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say that for a great number of star wars fans, the music is a HUGE part of the experience for them. And Disney just doesn't get it. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as someone who is attached to music, not having any in the land is a negative. Is it a deal breaker? No. Is the land now terrible? No. But it can greatly enhance the land.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You are right, the music was left out for thematic reasons. You said that you aren't a "music" guy and that's fine. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say that for a great number of star wars fans, the music is a HUGE part of the experience for them. And Disney just doesn't get it. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as someone who is attached to music, not having any in the land is a negative. Is it a deal breaker? No. Is the land now terrible? No. But it can greatly enhance the land.
Every single person in Hollywood has said that the music is an integral part of Star Wars...

Every single one.

The best sequence in the story...from the reveal to hyperspace in empire...cannot he separated from the music. It’s about 10 minutes...rewatch it if you haven’t in awhile.

Music is as much Star Wars as visuals. Nobody ever disagreed.

But this is more evidence that Disney does not understand what they have or (more likely) need new leadership on it.

It’s like George sold his street equipped prized corvette to a 16 year old that can’t drive stick

“Kathy, can you get me a mocha chino?
Thanks”
- Steven

Tony the Tigger

How does a cantina not have music?

I know it isn’t the episode 4 cantina, but everybody recognizes the music from there.

So, what did Disney gain by going all new school Star Wars? Would they have had to pay Lucas extra to recreate Dagobah? Or was it just ego to stress “their” Star Wars?

That would be like if Uni only focused on Harry Potter movies directed by David Yates.

4,5,6 are the reason for everything else. Skimping on them was just dumb.

Imagine the lines if you could visit “real Star Wars” lands. Nuts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How does a cantina not have music?

I know it isn’t the episode 4 cantina, but everybody recognizes the music from there.

So, what did Disney gain by going all new school Star Wars? Would they have had to pay Lucas extra to recreate Dagobah? Or was it just ego to stress “their” Star Wars?

That would be like if Uni only focused on Harry Potter movies directed by David Yates.

4,5,6 are the reason for everything else. Skimping on them was just dumb.

Imagine the lines if you could visit “real Star Wars” lands. Nuts.

I think it’s all about timing.

When did they design and start this? Was it not during the production of the farce awakens and rogue one?

Then they make $2 billion off of what turns out to be a pretty bland movie that starts a bad trilogy...and completely misread how it happened?

It wasn’t “we’re energized” it was “we’ll give it another try...” combined with modern movies going aloofness.

That is hubris...no way around it.

They got caught in the web they weaved themselves...bad timing combined with bad LFL.

That’s why it’s “sequel” land.

My theory

Jabbas

This is probably a stupid question but does this place allow kids? I don’t think I’ll be over to go anywhere without my kid for the next 10 years, especially Disney, lol. If not than fine, I perfectly understand just would love to be able to see this.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
This is probably a stupid question but does this place allow kids? I don’t think I’ll be over to go anywhere without my kid for the next 10 years, especially Disney, lol. If not than fine, I perfectly understand just would love to be able to see this.

There are no age restrictions. But you might get judgey looks from people who legit thinks this is "just a bar" and not a highly themed place you'll all want visit. I'm taking my 4.5 year old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom