OFFICIAL WDWMagic Banner Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

NowInc

Original Poster
Originally posted by Turbogames
can we have mickey ears? probably not, but I want to make sure. Sorry to be a bother.

Why not? Its not a CHARACTER..its the symbol that is disney ;)

Wilson

Outstanding Idea! This will take some planning.

I have one question: Is "web-friendly" considered to be a specific file size or just a general guideline, i.e. nothing too, too big?

CmdrTostada

I would think nothing over maybe 500kb. Try and keep it moving for the narrowband users. (cherishes the fact that he has a cable modem):lol:

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Ok, before we get too far along here, I want to make a suggestion to everyone who plans on entering. Well, actually it's more of a plea.

Please, PLEASE, don't do an animated banner. Besides popups, they are the most annoying things on the internet. Understand that whoever wins this will most likely have their banner displayed on this site, and I REALLY don't want to visit this site everyday and see an animated banner begging for my attention.

The above is, however, just my opinion. So, all it really means is this: If you do an animated banner, you won't get my vote!:)

Darn! I was hoping to make the letters flash in red and blue and make them move in circles all over the screen. I was also planning to put a whole bunch of smilies in the background too. Well I guess that plan is shot. :animwink: :D :lol:

Just Kidding, I'd never do that to you guys or Steve. Whatever I plan will be 100% in Disney style and fitting for this website.
:) :D

DisneyJedi

Stupid question: Since we can't show characters... can we use hand-drawn shadows of characters? Shadows are not copyright, right? On the other hand they show the likeness of copyrighted characters. Hmmmm..
:lol:

Imagineer Dave

Here are mine

Attachments

• wdwmagicban1.gif
    wdwmagicban1.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 674

Dizneydude87

Ok, I couldnt get the colros to match exactly, so you don't have to put it in the contest.

Attachments

• contest.jpg
    contest.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 401

CmdrTostada

Great Job everyone. I think I am going to post my entry now. I know we have two weeks but I dont think there is anything else I can do. I didnt add any pctures because I wanted it to be more laid back, and just look nice.

Here is the blue daylight entry

Attachments

• day entry copy.gif
    day entry copy.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 317

CmdrTostada

Here is the evening shades entry. Good Luck to everyone, and you have all done a great job.

Attachments

• dusk entry.gif
    dusk entry.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 310

NowInc

Original Poster
oooook...

"Web friendly" means under 100k..and thats like an EXTREME size...

Character shadows...ehhh...thats an iffy one..and i have put a LOT of thought into it...since technically its still characters...i allowed the disney ears because thats not REALLY a silloette (arguable i know)..so as for shadows..sorry..gunna have to say no..still a character.

Great entries so far guys..but remember...take your time..2 week deadline on this one ;)

disney2b

sorry main street, had an idea and had to animate here are mine. only around 20k though

Attachments

• wdwblue1.gif
    wdwblue1.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 702
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom