• #3 Disney CP 2000

Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyWorldGuru

Like Avril Lavigine says in her song complicated:

Chill out, what ya yellin for.

I mean these contests are for fun, they are the main reason I have stayed on this board after RYAN closed. So dont screw it up please, anyone!!! MSU runs these for fun, so have fun with them.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by acellis_99

Fievel,
Do you have a problem with the_ceo_at_wdw? When he complained about the contest, you said "We really could do without the cynical comments. I'm all for contructive criticism, but you're just being negative without helping to explain or giving alternate solutions."

He then came back and gave an example of an alternate solution, to which Main Street USA replied "Well, enlighten everyone on what all of these great ideas are that you've heard. You listed a total of 1, and its a medioker idea in my opinion."

So, now he's chastised for only giving one idea and then it's called "medioker". How do you expect him to feel at this point.

Then the_ceo_at_wdw makes a post that clearly shows his frustration at the way he's being treated and you come back with the post I quoted above.

At least he tried to make a suggestion. If everyone came up with just one new idea, we would never run out of contest material.

Anyway, just an observation.
:wave: ACE

I have no problem at all with ceo. I talk to him once in a while on AIM. I just get a little tired of someone who has a consistantly negative opinion about something that is being done FOR him and for the other members of the forum. His post suggested that there were several other options for the contests, yet he doesn't have ANY new suggestions to add to the pot. Dan and I spend time setting up the voting, setting up a line of rules in order to make everyone happy, etc. These things take more time than I think most realize.

He seems to think there is a better way to do it, yet at the same time he doesn't propose a legitimate way to improve them. PERIOD.

You weren't around when the idea of a logo contest was proposed, but it was talked through and as it turns out, it IS indeed a medioker idea. The fact that he brought it up again doesn't make it new or better. Until Dan and I figure out a way to make it a little smoother, or for it to even make sense, we won't put it up.

Also, Fievel responded to ceo harshly for the same reason. CONSTANT negativity. Cal Disney wrote "only three?" and ceo writes "pathetic ain't it?" The only "pathetic" part of that exchange is ceo's comment.

As I've said many times before, I'm open to ANY idea, and I'm willing to take ANY suggestions on ways to improve the contests. I will then talk to Dan about it and together we will decide what would work best.

Having said that, I STILL haven't heard any ideas...................

ACE

Originally posted by Main Street USA

I have no problem at all with ceo. I talk to him once in a while on AIM. I just get a little tired of someone who has a consistantly negative opinion about something that is being done FOR him and for the other members of the forum. His post suggested that there were several other options for the contests, yet he doesn't have ANY new suggestions to add to the pot. Dan and I spend time setting up the voting, setting up a line of rules in order to make everyone happy, etc. These things take more time than I think most realize.

He seems to think there is a better way to do it, yet at the same time he doesn't propose a legitimate way to improve them. PERIOD.

You weren't around when the idea of a logo contest was proposed, but it was talked through and as it turns out, it IS indeed a medioker idea. The fact that he brought it up again doesn't make it new or better. Until Dan and I figure out a way to make it a little smoother, or for it to even make sense, we won't put it up.

Also, Fievel responded to ceo harshly for the same reason. CONSTANT negativity. Cal Disney wrote "only three?" and ceo writes "pathetic ain't it?" The only "pathetic" part of that exchange is ceo's comment.

As I've said many times before, I'm open to ANY idea, and I'm willing to take ANY suggestions on ways to improve the contests. I will then talk to Dan about it and together we will decide what would work best.

I don't have a problem with anything you said. What I have a problem with is the way Fievel spoke to ceo. Fievel is not the moderator on this thread. It's not his place to tell people to go somewhere else. Fievel is too quick to jump on others or report them to a moderator for doing the same things he does.

Sorry if this offends anyone but that's the way I see it.

Main Street USA

Original Poster

I don't have a problem with anything you said. What I have a problem with is the way Fievel spoke to ceo. Fievel is not the moderator on this thread. It's not his place to tell people to go somewhere else. Fievel is too quick to jump on others or report them to a moderator for doing the same things he does.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll let Fievel respond to you then. Hopefully he'll do it through PM. This thread will be closed tonight at 10 eastern anyway.

Also, I hope you continue to participate in the upcoming contests. Believe it or not there was a time when these were just fun and nobody really complained much. One guy took it upon himself to cheat, and since then all hell broke loose.

I'll get another contest up within the week, everyone.:)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

"the_ceo_at_wdw" has a way of being coarse and rude to others. Just the tone, attitude, and words he uses, along with using this guy " :rolleyes: " a lot, reflects that.

The_CEO

Originally posted by Fievel

There's like 6 variations of this contest...how many more would you like??

If you're going to complain and whine, I suggest you find someplace else to do it, as it's become very stale.

How many times do I whine on these boards?.... I havent really SPOKE how i felt since last year I belive.

Well, enlighten everyone on what all of these great ideas are that you've heard. You listed a total of 1, and its a medioker idea in my opinion. I'm open to anything that everyone wants to do. I just run the contest. It certainly isn't up to only me as to what contests we do. These contests are for all of you, and my opinion doesn't count anymore than anyone else's.

Also, the banner contest was a one time thing. It really can't be done again.

All true. I don't see why I jumped all hostile last night like i did. Stress.... Maybe.. But I guess i thought i thought those were good ideas and thought i would help.. TO be honest.. THE ONLY REASON I listed those :" Solutions ": Was because Fievel said I was being negative (* which is 100% true *). I did and you posted and I went F*$& da World lol

The Negativity comes from my opinion that doesnt need to be mentioned again :).:p

Thanks for clarifying. I'll let Fievel respond to you then. Hopefully he'll do it through PM. This thread will be closed tonight at 10 eastern anyway.

Also, I hope you continue to participate in the upcoming contests. Believe it or not there was a time when these were just fun and nobody really complained much. One guy took it upon himself to cheat, and since then all hell broke loose.

I'll get another contest up within the week, everyone.:)

It will depend on the subject. :lol:

PS..... Stress is evil ;) :)

ACE

Great, I'm all for some fun. Too much drama recently for me, even if it was my own.:lol:

Fievel,
I'm sure you're mad at me right now and I understand. Like I said, I'm not trying to offend, just pointing out the way things appear.

I personally don't stay mad. I say what I have to say and move on. My wife calls me Mr. Spock.:lol:

I hope you don't stay mad, believe me, I'm not worth it.

The_CEO

Originally posted by DMC-12

"the_ceo_at_wdw" has a way of being coarse and rude to others. Just the tone, attitude, and words he uses, along with using this guy " :rolleyes: " a lot, reflects that.
Wow THANKYOU DMC for making me feel SO Welcomed to the boards!!! Thanks again for the comments

EDIT-
:wave:

DMC-12

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw

Wow THANKYOU DMC for making me feel SO Welcomed to the boards!!! Thanks again for the comments

EDIT-
:wave:

I was just saying... I noticed that often from you...and I am not the only one.... I am not going to argue with you....nor am I bashing or flaming you....its was just an observation is all.... on that note.... sorry if I did offend...as that was not my intention ceo.

The_CEO

It may be hard to belive... But im a nice 15 yr old kid in south tx that enjoys long walks on the beach and kool aide... lol...

I know i can be the little Sh it from hell.. And i appoligize... I would say the same thing about myself DMC ;) Just i dont like ppl saying it cause im not ALL bad ;)

DMC-12

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
It may be hard to belive... But im a nice 15 yr old kid in south tx that enjoys long walks on the beach and kool aide... lol...

I know i can be the little Sh it from hell.. And i appoligize... I would say the same thing about myself DMC ;) Just i dont like ppl saying it cause im not ALL bad ;)

OK..cool... I have nothing against anybody on these forums... I am the neutral most guy here... ( IMHO ...lol ;) ) and try to get along with everyone....

I took a break from these contests myself cause I was taking them too serious...cause I am competitive like that....lol....but I will be back ;)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
You know what? It's true, I'm not the moderator of this thread. But I have been on these boards since the beginning. Ever notice that I'm hardly wrong when I stick my nose into an argument? It's because I've seen it all, and I can tell in a second when somebody has crossed the line, or when someone's attitude isn't helping a conversation any.

I remember a day when people respected the people who knew what they were talking about. Now, I know CEO has been around awhile too, but that is never an excuse for a public attack of a forum and game that is meant for everyone's enjoyment. Just because a few people (if that many) aren't having fun with it.

Even you, Mr. Spock, would agree that "The good of the many outweighs the good of the one.".:D

I have a great deal of trust in MSU and Dan, because they are the inventors of these contests, and wrote the rules from scratch. They were performed flawlessly until people realized that they could ruffle a few feathers if they could enough.

And if you don't want people to think you're all bad, stop acting like it. Your age really shows when you come across like you have the last few days. If I were MSU, I would stop the contests. Not because there is anything wrong with them, but because a little $hit like you is going to whine and complain when something goes the slightest bit wrong or we have one contest with poor turnout. Maybe with age you'll learn that with the ups come the downs, and that nothing is perfect, but that is no reason to abandon it. Someday you'll learn that the things worth attaning in life are worth working a little bit for.

In conclusion, If you have a suggestion, feel free to shout it out. But be prepared for that suggestion to be disected by everyone on this board, because there are people who may have already thought of and rejected your idea. Even though at first glance it may seem great, when explored deeper, there are underlying problems with it. Smart little comments will only prove to make you look less mature and anger others, both of which are very bad things for you.

This is a board of adults. Some people may see a lot of kids around, but we ask of them the same we ask of any adult. Treat others with respect and class, and the same will be bestowed upon you. Remember that your opinion is just that....an opinion, and I'm betting for every person that shares your opinion, there are an even if not outnumbering percentage of people who think that opinion is ridiculous.

See the point. There is always a very thin line to be walked on these boards, and you have to always be careful the way you word everything you say or do here. It's not because we're all that , but because we demand nothing but the best out of our members. It's what we were founded on, it's what we uphold, and it's what we will remain.

I for one will not stop fighting those who try and wreck what is a happy home by putting their brain in their @ss.

NowInc

We ( me and MSU) have discussed new contest ideas for a while now, and each time we find something that SOMEONE will end up complaining about....

i believe one of my ideas was a contest where eveyone has to use MSPaint...but then the mac users would complain cuz they cant enter etc...

perhaps if the complaints died down a tad..we would be a bit more eager to "test the waters" on a new contest...

...just my opinion at least...

DisneyWorldGuru

Hey Fievel,

I see where you are coming from and see what you want. But please next time could you express it in a PM. I would tell my nephew (who loves Disney World more then I do) about this site, but I wont because of the fighting, language, and attitude some members have. So I beg of you all, if you feel like bashing a member(s) save it for a PM. And as I have said before I only stick around for the contests and a few other things. I have found that even the discussions about WDW rides start fights. And may I suggest you follow your own advice and treat others with respect.

I am sorry in advance if I mad someone mad, but I am sick of hearing this kind of stuff on a Disney forum.

MSU, I love the contests but if it means sitting through petty bickering I wont be involved with it.

That is my final word on this. So can we please just get back to the contest.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Guru -

Sorry, but I've defended this board and the people who run it before, and I'll do it again. It's the way I am. I only lost respect for CEO when he decided to show none towards those who help run this site.

You think I enjoy having to be the mean guy around here? I like it when I can get a good laugh from the boards, but that happens less and less. But I will not stand idly by as people throw mud at other people whom I consider my friends, or worse yet, throw mud at me.

In short, CEO has a lot to learn. I only got involved after his attitude was already out of hand.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Congrats to Disney CP! Winner and grand champion for the second straight contest!

New contest will be up soon.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom