Odyssey restaurant at EPCOT

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
What is up with the Odyssey restaurant at EPCOT? I’ve been visiting WDW 5 to 6 times a year for about 4 years and I can honestly never remember a time when it was open. Does anyone know if there are any future plans for this space or is it just going to be left alone until rots to the ground?

disneydata

It was open a VERY long time ago. I ate there once or twice with my parents when I was small. It it now used for convention space and private parties (I think of the Magical Gatherings things was held there). It's probably not going anywhere for a while since they make mucho $$$ off renting the space.

MissM

From what I understand it was open during the Food and Wine Fesitval for demonstrations of some sort. Didn't make it out to the event this, er last year so I can't say, but I remember seeing someone post photos.

With the Land closed for rehab, they really should open it to allow another larger-scale quick bites location in my humble opinion.

*shrugs*

I don't recall ever going in there before though (and I've been going to WDW since 1984), so I know what you mean.
-m

bauton

Great place to eat

My wife and I ate their about 12 years ago. It seemed that no one knew about this place. The food was good, and there were not many guests there. They even had a small stage that the fab five plus chip and dale did a little 10 minute song and dance number and then came into the audience for a meet and greet. We looked forward to doing it again when we went back two years later, but the place was closed.

speck76

It probably will not reopen. The restaurant took a lot of business from the restaurants in WS, which is a problem considering those restaurants are (to my knowledge) contracted.

It is currently used for special events, and during the Food and Wine festival.

beanboon

speck76 said:
It probably will not reopen. The restaurant took a lot of business from the restaurants in WS, which is a problem considering those restaurants are (to my knowledge) contracted.

It is currently used for special events, and during the Food and Wine festival.

Since when does Disney corporate have a conscience about taking money away from anybody?

bhg469

i remember a pluto burger or something there when i was a little kid that was the best burger ever and i think it was just a regular burger with A1 sauce on it.

maxime29

Premium Member
Considering that an E ticket ride is now right next to the Odyssey (test track), I find it hard to believe that people wouldn't know about it if it was open to the public.

Whether or not it would take away business from the World Showcase restaurants is odd to me. IMO, Unless I had a desire to eat a different country's cuisine, I wouldn't eat in WS. Most people may feel more comfortable eating a traditional burger over a dish in Morocco or Norway. Then again, does the average guest spend any time outside of Future World?

Lauriebar

I wonder if EPCOT really needs another restaurant. It's the one park that seems to offer more than enough choices for all kinds of budgets and tastes.

It seems to serve it's purpose as a rental/special event space very well. Also, the building's bathrooms are rarely crowded and always clean!!

bhg469

Lauriebar said:
I wonder if EPCOT really needs another restaurant. It's the one park that seems to offer more than enough choices for all kinds of budgets and tastes.

It seems to serve it's purpose as a rental/special event space very well. Also, the building's bathrooms are rarely crowded and always clean!!

not that i would expect you to know about the men's room but last 2 times i went in the the floor was an inch deep of water in front of the urinal, it was super super nasty. and to top it off i was wearing sandals :hurl:

anyway i went to the fountain where all the kids run through to rinse off right after that.

speck76

beanboon said:
Since when does Disney corporate have a conscience about taking money away from anybody?

Since those WS restaurants pay a lot of money to do business inside Epcot.

The closed Innoventions area restaurant will reopen WAY before Od ever does. (as it does now during peak time periods.) Pure and Simple would probably also reopen before Od.

Lauriebar

bhg469 said:
not that i would expect you to know about the men's room but last 2 times i went in the the floor was an inch deep of water in front of the urinal, it was super super nasty. and to top it off i was wearing sandals :hurl:

Ickey!! No I wouldn't know about the men's rooms, I can only vouch for my experiences in the ladies rooms (there are actually two sets, one inside and one outside) Sorry about your trouble!!:wave:

MonoRon

Dont they use that for taste testing of the different beers and wines...I remember walking by and saw a line of people waiting outside. I might be thinking of a different place.

wdwplaid96

MonoRon said:
Dont they use that for taste testing of the different beers and wines...I remember walking by and saw a line of people waiting outside. I might be thinking of a different place.

During F&W there are dinners, demonstrations, etc. in there. The room is very dreary when not being used. It does dress up nicely. While working at Epcot, we hosted cast member events, private events, (Dolche Gabana, Lockheed Martin, etc).

I think they still have a mother's day brunch there on Mother's Day. Around the holidays, if the demand is there (no seating left at other Epcot dining) The Epcot Events team will open the space as a full service restaraunt. (The ocassionaly have done this in World Showplace and in a tent at IG.

TheDisneyMagic

During a visit a couple of weeks ago (this was just before Newyear) the pavillion's doors were wide open and I could see in, all that I could see inside is what appeared to be booths around the perimeter and all of the country flags that are within The World Showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom