News Odyssey becoming a flex space

Kman101

I'd prefer a restaurant, but it makes more sense as the Festival Pavilion (better it than Wonders of Life and it's in a good spot to serve as the Festival Pavilion and a flex space). At least they've been using the space more over the last few years.

Last edited:

hpyhnt 1000

In preparation for this expanded role, Odyssey is receiving a refurbishment that will replace the panels with glass windows so that guests inside can view the park and guests passing by can see the events and exhibits from outside.

What a concept! Pity that for the last 25 years Disney has ignored that basic logic with the buildings at the heart of Future World. :banghead:

But good to see Odyssey getting some love.

punkabella

I think making it an official flex space helps guests understand that the building isn't just vacant. Will this make way for the space where WoL is to be repurposed too as it has been flex space in the past as well?

Bocabear

So basically they will cement the building's future as a temporary whatever party/event space...Which is also too small to replace WOL as a full Festival center. To me it's not necessarily happy news... I would be happier to hear they were remodeling and upgrading it into a fabulous new restaurant... Back to what it was but better than it ever dreamed to be...instead of another bland multi-use space for festival overflow or event rentals...Boo.

P_Radden

So basically they will cement the building's future as a temporary whatever party/event space...Which is also too small to replace WOL as a full Festival center. To me it's not necessarily happy news... I would be happier to hear they were remodeling and upgrading it into a fabulous new restaurant... Back to what it was but better than it ever dreamed to be...instead of another bland multi-use space for festival overflow or event rentals...Boo.
I think we all would rather this be the case but at least it is getting some love finally.

Otterhead

.It might make it more generic than ever...
They're defining this as a "light refurb"; its distinctive exterior isn't changing, they're just making the interior more flexible and adding more windows. The interior isn't exactly exciting and never has been; as a space that can operate as meeting space, exhibition area, or a restaurant, it's designed to be 'generic'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom