Odd Soarin' question

DisneyGal126

Firewolfe51 said:
My fiance' is completely terrified of heights. She was even about to yell for a CM to let her off the ride just before it started, but she stayed on. She loved Soarin', thought is was great, and would certainly ride again! :sohappy:

My mother is also terrified of heights and is unsure about getting on the ride. I'll have to show her this thread, I hope she will change her mind because the ride sounds awesome! My family might be going sometime in Oct/Nov and this is one I really am looking forward to experiencing!

Connor002

feeling a little out of place in this thread dominated by sorin lovers, darbiemc?

never been on it but it sounds cool, hope to ride it soon

peter11435

darbiemc said:
soarin is one of the worst rides at disney i've saw films like that 20 years ago
Whatever.

Just one question. 20 years ago did you have a giant 40 ton contraption to lift you up into the air and simulate the flight complete with special effects?

I didn't think so.

Raven66

DisneyGal126 said:
My mother is also terrified of heights and is unsure about getting on the ride. I'll have to show her this thread, I hope she will change her mind because the ride sounds awesome! My family might be going sometime in Oct/Nov and this is one I really am looking forward to experiencing!

I, too, am terrified of heights. I wanted to jump from the ski lift at Blizzard Beach, but dying stopped me. :lookaroun BUT Soarin' is great. You are so amazed by what is on the screen you don't even realize you are that high up. Tell your mom to give it try. It's worth it. :wave:

darbiemc

if you like to ride and see other peoples feet dangling in front of your face this is the ride for you also my son was on one end and he said all he could see was half screen and half blank wall we stood in line for about an hour and was very disappointed.

peter11435

darbiemc said:
if you like to ride and see other peoples feet dangling in front of your face this is the ride for you also my son was on one end and he said all he could see was half screen and half blank wall we stood in line for about an hour and was very disappointed.
Others peoples feet are easy to ignore and they are not in your face, more like 8 feet above you. As for your son, I have sat in nearly every area of the attraction. And while some seats are far better than others, none are as bad as you claim. Even on the far side of the bottom row you still have a decent-good view of the screen. The only way half his vision was of a wall was if he road with his head turned to the side.

Miss Bell

I, too, am terrified of heights and loved this ride. The first time I was freaking out until it took off and then I absolutely loved it. I do agree a front row seat is a better experience, so I would ask a CM, even if you have to wait out one more turn. And as has already been said--get a fastpass!

imagineersrock

peter11435 said:
Others peoples feet are easy to ignore and they are not in your face, more like 8 feet above you. As for your son, I have sat in nearly every area of the attraction. And while some seats are far better than others, none are as bad as you claim. Even on the far side of the bottom row you still have a decent-good view of the screen. The only way half his vision was of a wall was if he road with his head turned to the side.
I agree with Peter on this one... surely C3 is no B1 but no seat in the house is THAT terrible.

On the other hand, I always use fastpass and sometimes ask if its okay to be seated in row 1 (even if that means waiting for the next show.) With that being said, while I love Soarin' I probably would not wait more than half an hour for it and definitely not more than an hour without asking for a row 1 seat. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom