October

Slipknot

I personally liked it. Not too crowded, but then again I did go on 2 Fridays when people are just getting in from the airport or from driving and are too tired and on a Wednesday when not as many people are there. And of course you have to factor in Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween... they close Magic Kingdom on certain days early for it.

njblackberry

Before we had children, my wife and I loved going in October. Smaller crowds, lower temperatures. This was a while ago, and I know that with MNSSHP it can get crowded, but it is still a great time of year to go.

TTATraveler

I went the first week of October 2003 and it was great. The weather was in the mid 80s. Crowds weren't bad, although there were some extra crowds for the official opening of Mickey's Philharmagic and Mission Space I believe. MNSSHP is definately worth going to, try to do on a weeknight as the crowds will be not as bad.

pea_pod

We went October 24-31, 2004 for our honeymoon and loved it. The weather was beautiful and the crowds weren't big which gave us more than enough time to see and do what we wanted. We also did MNSSHP and that was great.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
It has been one of our favorite times of the year to go. Around Halloween it gets a bit busy, particularly MK, and the holiday weekend is more crowded, but overall it's very nice, moderate temps and crowds. Do consider MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival in your plans. The major downside would be shorter park hours generally, but with the smaller crowds, we've never felt shorted.

Pioneer Hall

I have never been in October, but I have heard that is one of the better times of year to go. Crowds aren't very heavy and you have the oppurtunity to attend Mickey's not so Scary Halloween party. The weather is also supposed to be very nice, good temps most of the day so you should be comfortable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom