October vs. September I can't decide

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I'm looking to plan a 2020 trip and I can't seem to decide. I was thinking of an October 20 week, that seems "safe" in terms of school vacations or at least safe-ish but I'm now kicking around the end of September. Probably the 20th of September, I don't know what's going on in Disney/Florida that could have a positive or negative impact on a September trip.

Thoughts and opinions on which would provide a better experience with crowds, weather and overall experience? I've been to WDW in October many times in the bygone era of my young adulthood, but times have changed and with fall school breaks things are more crowded.

Looking at the undercover tourist crowd calendar, I'm not seeing a huge difference between Sept 20 vs. Oct 20. The first week of October is a third option and the crowd calendar seems to show a slightly better report.

In order of crowds the 2019 crowd calendar shows lowest to highest it seem.
Sept 20
Sept 27
Oct 20

Thoughts opinions?

StarshipDisney

We are planning our next trip for September 2020. I stay away from October only because it gets harder and harder to go to the Magic Kingdom and not hit a MNSSHP day (we have done that twice and see no reason to do it again). I also believe it gets more crowded the closer it is to Halloween.

Upvote 0

Simba’s Mom

I've been in September, October, and one year the week that includes both September and October. The main reason I much prefer September is CROWDS! It's much less busy in September. Yes, it traditionally a little hotter, but I've also had times in mid-October that were super-hot (hotter than September) and unseasonably cold (ironically, all in the same vacation). In only one out of about 7 September trips was I bothered by love bugs. So I recommend September.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
Thanks for the input, I'm leaning towards the week of 09/20/20 or 09/27/20.

I'm not sure it matters all in all, but any thoughts of the last week of September that crosses into October, or would 09/20/20 be marginally better (crowd and/or price wise)?

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
I was all but set to book 09/27/2020 but I wonder if 09/20/2020 would be better - thoughts?

When I say better, less crowds, the prices may be a bit cheaper and maybe it a bit easier for my kids to be pulled out of school. I know one week earlier may not make a huge difference.

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

I would lean towards September as well. Since Disney is starting MNSSHP in late August this year, you will have more of a chance to get tickets for it and for a much better price than in October. The crowds will be smaller as well. If it gets too warm, then go back and enjoy your resort pool. Have fun!

Upvote 0

ctcdisneymama

Did October once and not sure I would do it again. We went very early in the month. Rained like crazy. I would say late Sept/early Oct may be the same weather and crowd wise. I can only imagine it getting worse the closer it is to Halloween.

Upvote 0

DISR

Like almost every month Sept/Oct have gotten more crowded. F&W and MNSSHP increase the crowds during those months. I believe there is a slightly lower chance of tropical storms in Oct than Sept, and Oct could be cooler, but don't count on it...our Oct 2018 trip was very warm.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Like almost every month Sept/Oct have gotten more crowded. F&W and MNSSHP increase the crowds during those months. I believe there is a slightly lower chance of tropical storms in Oct than Sept, and Oct could be cooler, but don't count on it...our Oct 2018 trip was very warm.

October is cooler weather. My two cents. No way of knowing about hurricanes. Hurricane Michael struck the Florida panhandle last year in October. So don't plan by second guessing hurricanes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom