October Trip

CtDisneyGuy33

Hello WDWMagic-

Newbie and First post, so go easy.

I apologize if someone else has started this, but we are headed to Disney in October and have never been during that time. I know there are some Halloween things (which I can't wait for) and the Food and Wine Fest.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the Halloween things and the Fest. (180 days +/- and counting!!)

rob45

October is my favorite time to visit WDW. MNSSHP is a great time experiance. Last year my wife and I were dressed up as Woody and Jessie. We made our own costumes and had a great time trick or treating. (It brings out the kid in us.) The halloween parade and fireworks are my favorite.
Food and Wine Festival is a must do also.

Upvote 0

luv

Thanks for the knowledge! I really appreciate it.

So, would you suggest we buy Party tickets before normally? I know the weather will be questionable, but I guess my answer if we should buy tixs ahead of time as they do sell out. Is this correct?
Lol, you have to pick. Not all the parties sell out, but some do.

If I tell you to wait, it will sell out.

If I tell you to buy now, it will pour rain all night.

You make the call!

Upvote 0

CtDisneyGuy33

Original Poster
Thanks again. We are travelling with another couple, so I will put it to a vote. I guess I just didn't completely understand the whole Party thing until I started this thread.

I'm very excited. Between the F&W at Epcot and the Party, sounds like a great time.

Upvote 0

CtDisneyGuy33

Original Poster
Read my Thread on the bottom, I went in Halloween last year and it was amazing! <3

Wow- your trip looks awesome. We will be hoping to take half the pics you did! I think the pic of the ghostly lady over the railing is my fave. But, wow, this is a great accounting of the trip.

October can't get here fast enough - thanks for sharing

Upvote 0

PrincessMia

We went 2 years ago, and are going again this October. I was waaaay more excited about MNSSHP than my 6 year old DD. You'll have a blast. I really think it was worth the money. The atmosphere was so neat, just spooky, and cool.

Upvote 0

CtDisneyGuy33

Original Poster
What was your Favorite part? The atmosphere? Parades? Seems that the parades and fireworks are incredible as well. I'm excited to see the ghosts at the Haunted Mansion and all of the candy.

We are thinking of doing the Carriage at Fort Wilderness (someone posted before on this thread). Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

WellFedDave

CtDisneyGuy33- My gf and I went last October and it was definitely the best time to go (Oct 22-29). Had was more fun at MNSSHP than we thought we were going to have. Hit the Food and Wine festival mid week (Tues-Thurs) to avoid the crowds. Apparently the locals come out Friday-Sunday. If you haven't picked a resort yet I would definitely suggest Port Orleans French Quarter. Especially since it appears that you only have adults in your group. The theming is fun without being in your face. It's also a short boat ride to Downtown Disney err...Disney Springs. Because of the small size of the resort, it only has one bus stop. Ergo, wait times at both the bus stop and at the parks were minimal, even on the busiest days and you don't have the bus making 4+ stops like you have at Riverside, Caribbean Beach, etc.

Upvote 0

CtDisneyGuy33

Original Poster
Dave- Thank you. We are going early October and by all accounts and yours, seems like October is a great time to be there. Between the MNSSHP and the F&W events, seems like I truly didn't realize all of the fun stuff that is going on during that time. We are staying at the All Star Music but have stayed at Port Orleans in the past, which I have never stayed at and seeing I didnt set up the trip, I just shut up and go. :)

Yes, all adults in the party. I'm very interested to see if its all kids or parents with kids and whether we will stand out as being solely adults. Mind you we act like children, but I just hope it wont be awkward with just us.

I can't say how informative and helpful people have been on this forum and especially this thread. I'm so glad I found this site

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

Try to pick a week day night for MNSSHP. Weekends tend to get more locals. MNSSHP is absolutely worth doing at least once. I like it so much this year will be my 5th or 6th. But try to make it about seeing the special events and not the park rides. The rides that are worth doing are obviously the Haunted Mansion and at least walk by Pirates to see the fog at the entrance. I always try to hit all 13 Trick or Treat spots at least once. In all the years I've been going end of Sept. beginning of Oct. I've never had to put on jeans...I've even stopped bringing 'em.

I'd also say hit up F&W during the week if possible especially if you want to see Illuminations. FR and SA during the evening World Showcase gets packed !!

If you're using the buses to get back to a WDW resort and you stay till closing best thing to do is find a spot to relax for at least an hour to let the crowd thin out !! Especially if you're staying at a value or Port Orleans Riverside. This applies to both events.

Welcome aboard CtDisneyGuy.

Upvote 0

CtDisneyGuy33

Original Poster
Thanks again for the advice. I have said it before but I really thought I knew so much about WDW but never realized all of this during October. I'm embarassed: I have been so many times but it really feels like this October I'm going for the first time again. My girlfriend and our friends talk disney ever time we meet up and its only April. Obviously, we can't wait.

I contacted Disney and they didn't sound promising on the Carriage rides in Fort Wilderness and the woman really suggested if there was a day we wanted to see the party, you get tixs ahead of time. So once the dates come out and tickets become available, we will jump on them.

So sounds like there are trails for candy, including 13 Trick or Treat spots. I will definitely try and find a map from last years party to see what we are looking for. Sounds like they shut off some of the park and divert you to others, so I'm sure we'll be ready. I don't really care if we ride anything at night (we probably will tho) because I really just want to see this MNSSHP. The pics on here have been amazing.

And - I was going to generically ask about the weather as I couldn't forsee it being overly warm/cold, so I'm glad Foolish Mortal above mentioned it. I'll bring some jeans I'm sure, but certainly not a lot now.

Upvote 0

luv

The only candy trail I know about is the path that runs from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland...and you must go in that direction, lol. That path is normally open to walk in either direction, but on party nights, they won't let you enter from the Space Mountain end.

They don't shut any part of the park down. Just some rides are open and some aren't. But you can walk the whole park. :)

Upvote 0

jkl2000

Welcome to the forums :)
And they will probably have a Limited Time Magic event on Halloween week and maybe other stuff closer to the holiday in the other parks.

I thought Limited Time Magic was just what they called "Extra Magic Hours" at that time of year - since there are so few of them! Ha-ha. Now I see what it is - hopefully something interesting.

Upvote 0

emcclay

MNSSHP is great- catch the first parade, watch the fireworks, then get on the mountains during the second showing of the parade. My dad and I continuously rode BTMRR and Splash since they were complete walk-ons. Plan a day to snack around the world, it's worth it. The weather is still very warm in October.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

If you like Halloween décor you could take a couple of hours and go over to Fort Wilderness campground and take the hay ride in the evening and it goes around the loops of the campground and many, many of the camp sites are all decorated for Halloween. ( I pulled this info from allears.net)
Wagon Rides at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Take an old-fashioned, horse-drawn wagon ride which offers a 45-minute scenic tour around Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
Wagon Rides depart at 7:00pm and 9:30pm nightly from the front of Pioneer Hall.
Fireworks Wagon Rides at 8:30pm for the 9:00pm fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. (offers audio track for show - subject to fireworks being held at the Magic Kingdom.)
Price: $8.00 Adult; $5.00 Child (ages 3-9) Children under 3 are complimentary. Children ages 3-9 must be accompanied by an adult.
Reservations: Not accepted; Wagon Rides are on a first-come, first-served basis only

Upvote 0

Sphinx610

I too am going to Disney in oct... Oct 12-20th for my honeymoon :) does anyone know when they announce the days of MNSSHP? We start making dining reservations tomorrow and the day of the party will def play a part in what restaurants we reserve when

Go to Easy wdw and look at the crowd calendar- Josh has them all listed...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom