October Trip

Valo216

I've got a question about going to the world in October. I've been going for years; i normally go in early november and the crowds are never that bad. This year i'll be going Oct 17 to the 24 for food and wine fest and the not so scary Halloween party. Does anyone know how the crowds are during this time? Also is Not so scary Halloween worth buying the ticket for? Thanks!

dreamfinder

I've been there around that time and its not too bad. Some of the parties may be a bit busy, but overall it's reasonable.

Personally I do like the party and think its worth it. Most people seem to like it.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I've got a question about going to the world in October. I've been going for years; i normally go in early november and the crowds are never that bad. This year i'll be going Oct 17 to the 24 for food and wine fest and the not so scary Halloween party. Does anyone know how the crowds are during this time? Also is Not so scary Halloween worth buying the ticket for? Thanks!

I was there for this exact week last year and it was great. The crowd levels were very low during the week, and the only ride we had a significant wait for was TSMM. We hit the F&WF around noon one day and made our way around the World with no crowds at all. Yum! The weekends were slightly more crowded, but not terribly so. And MNSSHP was well worth it. Our family of 4 attended for the first time in matching Hitch-hiking Ghost costumes and loved it. I'd recommend it at least once if only for the Hallowishes fireworks and Boo To You parade led off by the Headless Horseman. Your party ticket enables you to get into the park at 4pm even though the party starts at 7pm, so if you stay until it ends at midnight, it's a full day in the park without having to buy a regular entry pass for that day.

Upvote 0

pacochran

It's been a few years since we went in October, and it was great around that time of year. We loved it, though one year it was still in the 90's during our vacation. The only time it is a little more busier is around Columbus day weekend, which this year is the 11th so you will miss it. If my job description hadn't changed making October a busy month for me at work we'd probably still be going this time of year.

Upvote 0
I love October. We went the week before the week you are going back in 2008 and it was a little bit busier than we had hoped with Columbus day and such. Cast members told us that the following week would be better. The weather is usually perfect this time as well.

We also did the MNSSHP and LOVED it! We usually stay off property so it was so nice to see Magic Kingdom at night and they really dress the park up cool! There is something for all ages. I dressed up and had a great time.

Overall I think the week you picked out is great! You will miss the Columbus day crowds and get to experience Halloween time at Disney! Have fun!

Upvote 0
We'll be there from the 10th-17th . . . is it just busy Sunday and Monday for Columbus Day weekend, or does that carry over for the whole week? We couldn't book the following week due to a family birthday.

Upvote 0
We'll be there from the 10th-17th . . . is it just busy Sunday and Monday for Columbus Day weekend, or does that carry over for the whole week? We couldn't book the following week due to a family birthday.

It is for sure busier the weekend before Columbus Day and Columbus day, and I do think it carries over throughout the week. It really all just depends on what you all are used to. My family is used to going in January, when most rides are walk on. I wouldn't be worried though. We still had a great time, rode everything once or twice, took advantage of single rider lines and fastpassses. My advice to you would be to join touring plans and plan your itinerary from that. That is what we did and it worked out well. Maybe you could also hit up Universal on a busy day and Disney, I always find it is way less crowded.

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

My DH and I have been there from the 26th to the 30th. The crowd levels were low. A great time to go! It was so bloody humid though! That being said, we went over Thanksgiving the year later and froze to death!!! We attended the MNSSHP and had a amazing time!!!! Definitely worth the ticket. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom