October Timeline Question

NoWayJose

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

I will be staying on property at universal as part of a work conference from Sunday 10/22 through Wednesday 10/25. I have not been to universal in like 20 years and would love to check out some of the stuff and especially the HP area. However, I really will not be able to do it during the conference days.

My question is: Am I better going down early (say Friday- Saturday of the weekend before? Or wait until it ends and try to get through it towards the end of the conference week the following Thursday-Friday? I will be traveling solo so I am hoping I can really rip through on my own without anyone holding me back, haha.

(Ideally I would also like to possibly stop over at Disney for a day or two as well but universal is the clear priority.)

Thank you.

JoeCamel

I would go early and see if you want to do evenings, that is popular. You are there during HHN so USO closes early but if you want to go late it is a great event

kimberlymautz

Hi Everyone,

I will be staying on property at universal as part of a work conference from Sunday 10/22 through Wednesday 10/25. I have not been to universal in like 20 years and would love to check out some of the stuff and especially the HP area. However, I really will not be able to do it during the conference days.

My question is: Am I better going down early (say Friday- Saturday of the weekend before? Or wait until it ends and try to get through it towards the end of the conference week the following Thursday-Friday? I will be traveling solo so I am hoping I can really rip through on my own without anyone holding me back, haha.

(Ideally I would also like to possibly stop over at Disney for a day or two as well but universal is the clear priority.)

Thank you.
It really depends on your preference.
If you like spooky and scary I would go Friday/Saturday and stay for Halloween Horror Nights.
Because it's a ticketed event crowds will be lower and there's also the thrill of the Horror attractions.

If you're not about those things I would wait and go Thursday/Friday so you can enjoy extra time.
Either way I would HIGHLY suggest checking out the Express Pass option if you're trying to do both parks in just a day. It costs more obviously, but with it you'll end up getting on all of the rides you want and then some.

In a dream world, I would look into going Friday/Saturday and then leaving Friday/Saturday so you can do a day or two of Disney at the beginning and a day or two of Universal at the end - but that's just wishful thinking. Haha.

JoeCamel

It really depends on your preference.
If you like spooky and scary I would go Friday/Saturday and stay for Halloween Horror Nights.
Because it's a ticketed event crowds will be lower and there's also the thrill of the Horror attractions.

If you're not about those things I would wait and go Thursday/Friday so you can enjoy extra time.
Either way I would HIGHLY suggest checking out the Express Pass option if you're trying to do both parks in just a day. It costs more obviously, but with it you'll end up getting on all of the rides you want and then some.

In a dream world, I would look into going Friday/Saturday and then leaving Friday/Saturday so you can do a day or two of Disney at the beginning and a day or two of Universal at the end - but that's just wishful thinking. Haha.
Ummm have you been to HHN? Friday/Saturday the crowds are not lower than day or other nights of the event and near Halloween it will be packed. Might be more spread out this year but the parking lots will be jammed.

JT3000

Go on a weekday if you can. Keep in mind the Studios will be closing early for HHN unless you somehow manage a Monday or Tuesday.

Because it's a ticketed event crowds will be lower
comedy central omg GIF

kimberlymautz

Ummm have you been to HHN? Friday/Saturday the crowds are not lower than day or other nights of the event and near Halloween it will be packed. Might be more spread out this year but the parking lots will be jammed.
I have been and wait times were half what they were on a normal park day.... and I went the week before Halloween. I never said that anyone would be walking on rides and enjoying an empty park, but in comparison to a regular Saturday at Universal we waited half as long as we would have.

JT3000

I have been and wait times were half what they were on a normal park day.... and I went the week before Halloween. I never said that anyone would be walking on rides and enjoying an empty park, but in comparison to a regular Saturday at Universal we waited half as long as we would have.
I'm guessing you only did rides then. The lines would've been short because people don't go to HHN for the rides, they go for the actual HHN content (I also don't recommend attending HHN for this purpose, as most of the normal attractions are closed.) But even if you skipped the houses, I'm still not sure how you didn't notice the packed crowds around you. HHN has some of the highest park attendances of the entire year, especially towards the end of October. 🤷‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom