October Stay-which Moderate????

thebubster4

I usually stay off grounds, but stayed in a value resort last September. This October we decided we wanted to try a moderate resort, but do not know which to choose. So, I ask you the following questions:
1) Which moderate resot?
2) Which building at that moderate?
3) Which room in that building?

PLEASE ADVISE.......:confused:

3IdAlienKid

I've only stayed at the Caribbean Beach before, but it was pretty good. Had a room in the Jamaica section on the first floor. My view of the lake and the island were somewhat obstructed by some trees just outside my door, but it was always nice to walk just 10 feet out the door every morning and be greeted by the lake. The room was also the closest to the footbridges across to the island and then to Old Port Royale (eating area and shops) which was pretty convenient.

I like that the bus stop from Old Port Royale was so beautiful in the mornings -- you could see the sunrise over the trees. I'm not certain, but I hear this view may be gone soon due to some construction.

The room decor was kinda tacky I thought, but each section of the resort has different decor, so maybe you'll do better.

Next time my wife and I go, we'd like to try Port Orleans Riverside because we really like how the mansion sections are landscaped. You can probably tell that theming is pretty important to us.

Upvote 0

lukacseven

I've stayed at all of the moderates except the Old Dixie Landings (now part of Port Orleans). My advice would be to stay nearest the park or attractions you plan on visiting the most frequent. POrt Orleans French Quarter is smaller and has only one bus pick-up, whereas, Caribbean Beach and Coranado Springs have several stops within the resort. I'm not sure if the Port Orleans busses now stop at Riverside as well or if that's a separate bus. I've found that staying in "Jamaica" at Caribbean Beach is the most conveinient. I actually liked the decor at Coronado better, but no matter what building you stay in you are a good walk to either the dining or the pool. Staying at Jamaica puts you a short walk from the main building (food court & pool) while a bus stop is located behind the building as well as at Port Royale.

Upvote 0

thebubster4

Original Poster
O.K., I've decided, we are going to stay at the Port Orleans Riverside (even though we are from New Orleans). Now, with that said, we have heard that the alligator bayou, bldg 14 is the best. Is there a certain room in that bldg that anyone would recommend?

Upvote 0

Ergens2

We usually stay at Y & B now but when we "slum it";) we stay at Port Orleans Riverside (for those of us who knew it when, Dixie Landings) What a wonderful resort! PO French Quarter is closed now for referb, so you can't stay there. I recommend Magnolia Bend. With it stately Mansion style buildings it is very romantic. If you want something more rustic (meaning more tree cover) you can stay in Alligator Bayou. We usually request Mag. Bend, Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace. both buildings ahve non-smoking rooms. Try to request a secound floor room. That way you don't have as many people walking past your door. Now remember all of this is just a request. Disney never guarantees rooms or buildings, but if you let them know when you make your reservation you have a better shot. The pool here is great! It reminds me of River Country. Don't forget about Boatwrights. You should make PS if you want breakfast or dinner. This is the only sit-down here so they stay busy. The food court offerings are above average. Don't forget to buy a refillable mug. They come in very handy!!Feel free to e mail me if you have any questions.

Shelley :wave:

Upvote 0

Ergens2

Building 14 is good but you get a lot of traffic noise because it is right by the main bus stop. Building 27 is a little further in and a little more quiet.

Upvote 0

lukacseven

Congrats on making a choice of hotel! As far as buildings, it depends on what you want to be nearest to. Alligator Bayou Building 14 is closet to the Food Court, Guest Service, Gift Shop, etc., but is a distance from the pools. The Magnolia Terrace Building is located nicely adjacent to the feature pool area and a short bridge walk across to the Main Building. It also has it's own, smaller pool. I've always liked to stay on the ground floor, just to save having to navigate a set of stairs after walking around the parks for 10 hours.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom