October... not anymore!

Leo!

HI all,

I've just returned from the world. I was there from 8 to 15. I had very busy days in the parks and it was complicated to do everything: dining, riding without fastpass, even purchasing food. Lines with +60 minutes for the big rides, extra magic hours from 1 to 3 AM (kidding?) and a sold out MNSSHP on monday. Really HOT days (+90/95) without a cloud in the sky.

But the worst of everything... BRAZILIAN TOURS everywhere, following their flag even inside the rides. Chanting, pushing, trying to skip lines... too much.

That's why... I've decided, after 5 consecutive years goin' to WDW (and some of those with more than 1 trip)... 2015 won't be a WDW year and we won't be there in october anymore.

I'll start planning for 2016 soon... wondering a better time to go... May?... Early November?...

Thanks everyone for the tips, help, during my countdown!

BuzzKillington

I really don't want my children exposed to these people so is there a way to find out what the school calendar is in Brazil so I can avoid their vacation sessions? It is not that I am racist or anything but I don't want my children to become racist once they see how rude and obnoxious these people act.

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
is there a way to find out what the school calendar is in Brazil so I can avoid their vacation sessions? .

There is, but you need security clearance from the Brazilian government. It is a matter of Brazil's national security so that they can, when they are ready, execute their plan to take over large parts of North America by sending hordes of poorly behaved teenagers to annoy us to the point that we will abandon key areas of the continent. WDW is a test for this, and it is working on you.

Or you could just look it up on the internet. I don't think it's too hard to figure out when common school breaks are in any developed country. I do it whenever I travel to a country so I have some idea what to expect.

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I really don't want my children exposed to these people so is there a way to find out what the school calendar is in Brazil so I can avoid their vacation sessions? It is not that I am racist or anything but I don't want my children to become racist once they see how rude and obnoxious these people act.
Yeah....

Upvote 0

cbettua

Last year we went the week of the 18th and I said never again. This year we went in September and because of the rain I said never again. I really love January.

Upvote 0

38053WDW

I'm shooting for Oct/Nov so we can see both fall and winter decorations .. I now .. crazy me .. But we love MNSSHP over Mickeys Christmas but love the Christmas decorations ..

Upvote 0

ryguy

I leave on 11/12. Should I be dreading it?
Actually that is a good week to go!!

I will give Disney credit they have successfully spread their attendance out the whole year. I would say its down to certain weeks now rather than seasons or months like the old days. Depending on when Easter falls, after Easter and the first few weeks of May are pretty good. The downside to January is that it can be chilly, so if you want to use the pool or the waterparks it can be hit or miss.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom