October Hours (Any guesses) ?

RogueHabit

October Hours (Any guesses) ? plus MNSSHP

The last time we went this late in the year was in 2000 and the hours weren't that bad, we can remember leaving the parks after sundown on a regular basis.

Does anyone know what the hours were like in 2002? I wouldn't even bother trying to relate 2001 hours because they were so close to 9/11.

Specifically looking at the last 2 weeks of October.

EDIT: Added MNSSHP to title

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I can answer this one. :)

Last year it was a bit different. They started some kind of "new hours" test at the end of September. They had extended the hours of MK and MGM a bit. Added fireworks almost every nights and the electric parade. The decided at the last min to extend this test into the first half of October. So on our trip we got much longer hours than normal at MK. Like to 9, 10 or even 11 some nights.

On some nights when we entered MK the park hours said til 9, but when 9 came around they changed the hours to 10.

After the test was over they reverted back to normal Oct hours except for MNSSHP that goes on a few days in Oct at MK.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Original Poster
Hmmm, sounds like they may also be working on the principle that if they have a full park and they stay open then they're gonna sell more on the concessions stands, in the restaurants and in the shops.

I *hope* something similar happens this year. We'll be going to MNSSHP anyway, so that's at least one good, long day.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Catch 22
I *hope* something similar happens this year. We'll be going to MNSSHP anyway, so that's at least one good, long day.

I'm hoping too.

What day are you going to MNSSHP? I'll be going to the 10/24 MNSSHP.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Hey, I'll be the one with the Akira T-Shirt (movie), and my wife will have an orange Disney shirt of Mickey ears that look like a bat. :lol: :wave:

Upvote 0

MinnieMom

We'll be at MNSSHP on the 16th! A little early in the month - but we are so excited. My children are dressing as Peter Pan and Tink. My husband will be Hook and I am going as Wendy. It is our first time attending MNSSHP - any suggestions for some first timers to the Halloween Party?:)

Upvote 0

SANDKRUSER

We were there last October - the 16th to the 21st. Hours were short - AK closed at 5, MGM closed at 7:30 (Fantasmic was at that time-when we came out the park was closed) MK closed at 6:00 most days, except Saturday, which was the only day it ran Spectromagic parade, when it closed at 9:00, and EPCOT was open until 9:00, after Illuminations, of course. We went to MNSSHP on the 17th, a Thursday - crowds were good - rode most rides several times, watched the parade the second time it ran - was great! Had a wonderful time. Even with the hours being shorter, we saw pretty much everything because the crowds and lines were less. It was kind of nice to get back to our hotel room earlier and not be so exhausted. We also went last June, when the hours were long along with the lines and it was incredibly hot and humid - 92 degrees, 100% humidity. I don't care to go in the summer again. October was much nicer. We liked it so well, we're going back this year from the 15th to the 21st - got our tickets to MNSSHP on the 16th, a Thursday again. Can't wait to go, but seems like such a long way off.:(

Upvote 0

mkfan23

we were there the first week of oct. last year, and everything but animal kingdom was open til about 8 or 9 at night. It was plenty enough of time to do and see everything with the small crowds, and we even got to see all of the parks firework shows. I highly reccomend this time of year, in fact we are trying to put together a quick trip for the same time of the year.

Upvote 0

Scooter

Originally posted by Catch 22
Do many adults dress up for MNSSHP? I have to say that I wasn't intending to dress up.

When my wife and I went 2 years ago we didn't dress up at all and we felt sort of out of place.

You can have your picture taken for free during MNSSHP and we did that. When we got our picture in the mail it seemed kinda silly.

There were alot of adults w/o costumes there so if you don't feel like wearing one, that's fine.

This year we're going back and we're gonna wear something Halloweenish (Is that a word?):veryconfu

We're not going to go all out...just maybe wear a Halloween T-shirt or hat. Something simple that acknowledges the fact that it's Halloween.

I may even just buy one of those orange T-Shirts that says on it "this IS my Halloween constume":lol:

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

hopefully the disney catalogue will have the costumes in them soon so I can buy them for my husband and I ( we too went in 2000 and I fell out of place except I did have my bride hat and bride shirt on lol )

Upvote 0

SANDKRUSER

When my son and I went to MNSSHP, we had brought Mickey ears with. I had the Minnie headband with the bow and he had the Mickey ears that twinkle (little lights go off). When we got there though, there were many people without costumes on, so we stashed our ears in a locker and went the way we were. However, you can buy a great t-shirt that has the MNSSHP and the year on it and wear that. We saw them for sale at the large store (I forget what it's called) next to the "Judge's Tent" in Toontown. They were black or orange and were tie-dyed and were really cool. I wish now we would have bought one, but we bought a button that flashes and says Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and then flashes the Magic Kingdom. He's planning on wearing that again this year. The one thing that I did notice is that these items were NOT for sale prior to the actual party and the next day when we were there, we didn't see them so you can't buy them ahead of time, but you could wear a tank top or muscle shirt and put it over as it is a little cooler that time of year. I don't think you NEED to dress up. It depends on the ages of the kids and if you're planning on doing a lot of rides. My son is 15 and we planned on riding a lot so didn't want the hassle of trying to get onto a ride and hold onto costume items (masks, headbands) while we were riding. I think a lot of the parents with little kids got into it more and, of course, the little ones really got into it. It was fun to see all the costumes. I guess it's up to the individual. We're from Minnesota and I tried to get my son to wear Twins shirts but he wouldn't. We had fun just being us. I think this year we may buy the tie-dye shirts and my son's planning on wearing his button. :)

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Original Poster
Our daughter is 2 and she absolutely will be going as Belle.

Our 7 year old son wants to dress up, I suggested a Pirate of the Carribean as a topical costumer but he';s not too keen and wants to dress as Donald... Should be fun.

And as soon as I told my wife she immediate decided she wants to go as Tink. This now kinda means my hands have been tide so I've gonna have to start thinking.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom