October Crowds

disneygirl1

Hey there! We used to visit in May for several year and decided to start trying different times of the year. We went in October 2007 during the week of Columbus day. I have to say in terms of crowds and weather it was awesome. Weather wise I think it was pretty comparable to the beginning of May. As far as crowds, definitely less crowded then May. We hardly ever had to use a fastpass. We just walked on to almost all the major attractions with less then a 10 min wait.

Also the Food and Wine Festival at Epoct is going on at this time and MNSSHP is not to be missed!

As far as December goes, we were just there this past December (12/6-12/13) and I have to say that this is my new favorite time of year to go! The decorations for Christmas alone are amazing. Weather was anywhere from 60-80 degrees. To me that was perfect for walking around the parks! Crowds were minimal too, so that was a giant plus...

Again there is alot of things going on too for the holidays. Osborne Light show was amazing! MVMCP was so much fun. It really put us in the Christmas mood. Candlelight processional at Epcot left me speechless.

So I decided that I am now going to alternate each year between Sept/Oct and Dec. So we are heading back down in Sept. this year!

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

AlwaysImagineer

We went in October once and it was great! Not too many people and not too long of wait times. The only other time I like to go in is Late January and Early February. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Vtlsgns

My favorite time!

We ALWAYS go in the first or second week of Nov. for our long trip. I think it is by far the best time of the year. The weather is perfect and the crowds are non-existent. The only drawback ( so minor ) is that the parks close earlier. We go once a month throughout the year with friends, but the fall is the best! Usually great deals at resorts on and off property too.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneyholic1977

Best times to visit

We have been to Disney every time of year over the last 32 years. We have found the first or second FULL week after New Year's to be a wonderful time to visit - parks are empty after the Christmas/New Year's holidays and the weather is wonderful! Our next favorite time is the week after Thanksgiving to about the 15th of December. Again, everyone is home getting ready for Christmas and the parks are not crowded. The Christmas decorations are all up, so it's easy to get into the spirit of the holidays. Next favorite time is late September, early October. Crowds are lighter as most are home getting the kids settled into a school routine. The times we avoid (we have annual passes so we can pick and choose and live an hour away) is from May 15th to September 15th. Crowds are dense, heat is oppressive and daily afternoon showers make the humidity very high. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

joshnoodlehead

october

I have been to WDW in October many of different times. my mom and i noramlly go on the last week in october. the crowds are not that bad. the lines for the rides are only bad in the middle of the day. the weather is nice too i was able to get by just wearing shorts the whole trip.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom