October Crowds?

Al

Hi all!!

Could someone tell me how busy the parks (and waterparks) tend to be in October? We are thinking of heading over to wdw around then (fingers crossed!!!!). Ie. What are usual wait times? Anything rediculous? We went to DL at christmas, and the queue for PotC was like65mins, but the queue for haunted mansion was about 10!

Thanks guys!!!!

SpongeScott

We have been the last two Octobers (very beginning of the month) and there were no crowds. The longest we waited for anything without FastPass was 10-15 minutes. Park hours are shorter, but you have enough time to see everything you need to see.

Upvote 0

Al

Original Poster
Originally posted by sandjhooker
We have been the last two Octobers (very beginning of the month) and there were no crowds. The longest we waited for anything without FastPass was 10-15 minutes. Park hours are shorter, but you have enough time to see everything you need to see.

Sounds great!!! That would be amazing!!!

Anyone know when MNSHP is, and how long before/after are the crowds high?

thanks !!!!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

SANDKRUSER

My son and I went last October - 15 through 21. The crowds were less than half of what they normally are. The most we waited was 20 minutes at Splash Mountain. We got some fast passes, but most attractions we waited 5-10 minutes at most. Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster - waited 5-10 or not at all. We also did the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - on a Thursday night and crowds were very light. Whole Magic Kingdom was open - walked onto everything - it was great! Got autographs with all the characters dressed in costumes. Parade was great too! We had such a good time, my husband wants to go so we've already got plans for this year - October 15 - 21. We're from Minnesota and that's our MEA (teacher's conferences) so it seems like the only ones down there were people from Minnesota and the UK - they must have something that same time. It was perfect - the only down side was that the parks closed earlier - but because you didn't have to wait for most things - we got everything done that we needed to in the time we had. Water parks were good too - NO waiting on SUMMIT PLUMITT!!! - Our last trip was in June, 2002 - HUGE lines on everything throughout the World and 92 degrees with 100% humidity - YUCK - I don't think we'll ever go again in the summer - my husband said he had enough magic to last 100 years!!! and would never go again but when we came back and showed him our videos and pix, he wants to go in October now. Weather was great too - 85 degrees top, low humidity, cool enough at night to wear a light jacket.

Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0

Stellajack

October crowds

We went mid-October 2000; weather was still very warm during the day, but not too hot; very pleasant in the evening. We had NO rainshowers the entire week. Crowds and lines-er queues :)animwink: ) were very manageable and Fast Pass easily took care of that. Buses to the resorts were not overly crowded. All in all it is a very good time to go! Hope you have a great time and let us hear all about it! BTW, when we made our Oct trip, park hours had actually been extended to later than Sept hours. In addition, FITS at MK was given an extra night or two.

Upvote 0

Ash

I went this past October 2002. The only time any of the parks seemed very crowded was the night we went to MNSSHP (it was the first night of it). The rest of the days weren't bad. It was still pretty hot there though, and very humid.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We also have visited WDW in October the last three times. Usally the first week of Oct.

The crowds are light, the line are short, and the weather is moderate. The only crowds we encountered were in MK, and usally on MNSSHP days.

Other than that, we never really had big crowds to deal with.

If you delay to the mid/end of October, you be getting into the Food and Wine festival at Epcot, another good reason to go in October. :slurp:

Upvote 0

kdblue165

October is a GREAT time of year at WDW. The weekends are still pretty busy w/Florida residents, but not what I'd call crowded. We went Oct 2002 for a long weekend and were able to see and do all we wanted in 4 days. (No AK visit this time)

Did MNSSHP the first night (Thursday) and loved it so much we cancelled our romantic anniversary dinner & went again on Saturday. Those nights were not even too bad, because they limit the ticket sales.

On Friday, did Studios & rode RnRC 7 times in 45 minutes!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Our last 2 days were start of Food&Wine @Epcot, so we got to do a lot! For exact dates of Food & Wine & MNSSHP, check out the official WDW website later in the summer.

Probably our best ever trip!

Upvote 0

frazierle

We went the last week of October and it was very nice. No lines, nice weather, and everything open. We were sort of shocked at the amount of people at MNSSHP (Oct 31st) because that was by far the most folks we had seen at any of the parks for the week and that was a limited number of tickets. Just one of the many examples I could give on the light crowds we rode Buz 3 times in a row, without getting off the ride.

Upvote 0
For the past 3 years, I have gone in October. My advice is to avoid around the Columbus Day weekend. Otherwise it is clear sailing. Heck I walked right on Space Mountain last year. That was a new one for me.

Upvote 0

EthylCooper

October is my favorite time to go! I suggest going toward the end of October, after the first weekend of the Food & Wine Festival. I've been the last two years & will be there again this year. Our first october we were there for the first days of the F&W, and Epcot got very crowded, esp. on Sat. & Sun. Everything else was clear sailing...most things we walked right on or had no more than a 5 or 10 minute wait. Last year we went from Oct. 26 - 31, and it was terrific! They usually have around 6 or 8 MNSSHPs (I think...anyone have a sure number?) and as I understand it, the first and last ones are busier than the middle ones. We went near the beginning of our week and it wasn't crowded at all. Everything else was clear, too--I walked onto RnRC 16 times in a row! I kept telling myself I'd quit riding as soon as there was a wait, and there never was. I ended up stopping when my all-time total got to 50. :D

You should definitely not miss the MNSSHP, and if you have the time and money (and if you don't have young or skittish ones), you should check out Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. I won't miss it.

Hope you have a great trip! :sohappy: :wave:

Upvote 0

Al

Original Poster
thanks everyone!!! I think that if we do go, then it will definetely be in october :sohappy:

When is MNSSHP, and the halloween horror nights (at US)?

thanks again! :D

Upvote 0

mwitkus

we've been in both the beginning of october and the end and never had any long waits for any rides/attractions.. maybe 10 - 15 mins max... occassionally we would see a long wait for something but we would fastpass or skip it and come back later to much shorter lines..

Upvote 0

EthylCooper

Originally posted by Alberrisford
When is MNSSHP, and the halloween horror nights (at US)?

I don't think Disney will actually set the dates until closer to October. They're fairly scattered through the month, so it's very unlikely to schedule a 5 day trip and not be able to go to one. The Special Events search on disneyworld.com hasn't been much help to me lately, but you can always write to guest services and see when they expect to have the dates set.

There are usually about 15 or so Halloween Horror Nights (I think...I've only been doing them for two years), so you're very unlikely to miss a chance at it. Last year it was at IoA, and I expect it to be there again this year. You can check www.halloweenhorrornights.com for more info on it. There's not much there now, but if you click on the "Dig up some fiends..." link you can see some of the "scaracters" from last year. Are you traveling with all adults? At HHN there's very little light and lots and lots of fog, and people jumping out to scare you all through the park, not just in the haunted houses. Very fun, but not good for young kids (or my mother :lol: ). And don't forget to watch the Bill and Ted show....it's great! It's the whole year's worth of pop culture references crammed into a 30 minute show.

Sorry I don't have any actual dates for you! Good luck planning your trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom