October 2020 Trip - Approved!

Zayegrrl

In the Parks
No
Hello all, I've come with fabulous news and some questions. Fiancee and I both work at the same place and we put a request in for our FL/Disney trip months ago. Our bosses were going back and forth with letting us go since we would need to quarantine when we come back (We live in New York, but not the high virus areas). Finally yesterday they gave us approval to go with the exception that we need to quarantine for 2 weeks upon return. Fine, whatever, no big deal. Anywho, we are STOKED.

So now that we'll be hitting up Disney this time around (We went back in May, but nothing was open except some parts of Disney Springs), we have to figure out what park to go to first. It'll be my fiancee's first time in Disney and my ~millionth time. He's not a huge fan of Disney stuff, but really enjoys the Disney Villains and loves Aquatic/Animal life. My guess is Epcot or AK first to introduce him, then ease him into the other, more "disney-ish" parks that he's heard about.

Thoughts? Advice?

AngelinaVP

Hi, just curious what are you plans for pay during quarantining? Will you have to take it unpaid or a work policy that will pay for the time. We also live in NY (central) and are wondering about having to quarantine if we decide to go. But we really want to take advantage of the lower capacity in the parks.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Hello all, I've come with fabulous news and some questions. Fiancee and I both work at the same place and we put a request in for our FL/Disney trip months ago. Our bosses were going back and forth with letting us go since we would need to quarantine when we come back (We live in New York, but not the high virus areas). Finally yesterday they gave us approval to go with the exception that we need to quarantine for 2 weeks upon return. Fine, whatever, no big deal. Anywho, we are STOKED.

So now that we'll be hitting up Disney this time around (We went back in May, but nothing was open except some parts of Disney Springs), we have to figure out what park to go to first. It'll be my fiancee's first time in Disney and my ~millionth time. He's not a huge fan of Disney stuff, but really enjoys the Disney Villains and loves Aquatic/Animal life. My guess is Epcot or AK first to introduce him, then ease him into the other, more "disney-ish" parks that he's heard about.

Thoughts? Advice?
Being a fellow dude - I would think HS would be a great first hit? Not sure if he's a Star Wars guy at all, but that place is pretty awesome even if you are not a fan. Plus, you have the classic Tower of Terror and then Rockin Roller. Also, the Toy Story Mania ride is pretty fun for a shooter :)

Hopefully that is a good warm up then hit up AK. Just my two cents!

Upvote 0

Zayegrrl

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hi, just curious what are you plans for pay during quarantining? Will you have to take it unpaid or a work policy that will pay for the time. We also live in NY (central) and are wondering about having to quarantine if we decide to go. But we really want to take advantage of the lower capacity in the parks.

Sorry for the late reply,

Yes, my boss is requiring me to quarantine for the two weeks. We don't currently accrue sick-time at my workplace so it'll have to be unpaid for the 3 (total) weeks that we're gone. For us, thats missing one paycheck. We're comfortable so it's not a huge deal, but still a little sucky. (Also, go Upstate/Central NY!)

Upvote 0

Zayegrrl

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Being a fellow dude - I would think HS would be a great first hit? Not sure if he's a Star Wars guy at all, but that place is pretty awesome even if you are not a fan. Plus, you have the classic Tower of Terror and then Rockin Roller. Also, the Toy Story Mania ride is pretty fun for a shooter :)

Hopefully that is a good warm up then hit up AK. Just my two cents!

That's what we were on the lines with. Fiancee isnt a ride person and rollercoasters for him are too much (not to mention I myself hate ToT.) The star wars stuff and the Toy Story land would be all we're going to HS for. So my thought is maybe EP first then AK, then MK/HS sometime else during the week.

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

To keep our trips "Husband Friendly" I slow down a bit, eat at a restaurant I know he'll really enjoy, and definitely stop for some beers. He loves pool time so I make sure that he has that. His biggest complaint is the crowds and the rushing around.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom