October 2002...First time, Any advice?

missy

This is my first visit to this site...what great information!! My family (our 2 year old, 1 year old and my parents) is planning our first trip to WDW for 7 nights in late October/early November of this year. After agonizing over whether to stay on or off site, we decided that we wanted more room and more of the home-away-from-home comforts for our small children and also to be close to my parents. I would love to stay on-site, especially with the kids, however the costs for similar 2-Bedroom accomodations on-site were outrageous!! So, we are planning to stay in a 2 Bedroom Villa at the Caribe Royale Resort . Any advice anyone can give us as to the weather and crowds during that time of year would be great! Also, if anyone is familiar with this particular suite hotel, that would be helpful also. Thanks!

Invero

Originally posted by missy
So, we are planning to stay in a 2 Bedroom Villa at the Caribe Royale Resort .

While I agree with everyones reasoning for staying onsite (yes, it is worth it, and it adds a LOT to the magic of the vacation... because the magic never ends... you never leave Disney)

I've driven past the Caribe Royale... it's rather close to Epcot and Downtown Disney (in comparison to others), and it looks to be a nice Hotel.

Don't know if you're planning on renting a car... but just a caution... some of the offsite busses aren't as great as others...

Also... if you are renting a car... consider the price difference of staying onsite without the rental? Also, another thing to consider... with the children being so young, will you need to return to your room mid-day?

At any rate... I do hope you enjoy your magical vacation, wherever you choose to stay! :)

Upvote 0

David

One more vote for on-site. To be honest, we have never stayed off site, so I can't comment on that other than pitying those who are stuck in traffic as the parks close as we ride by on the way to the hotel on Disney buses. We have always stayed at the the All Stars, and will do so again in October, and since we are a family that is at the parks from open to close, we see no need to pay for a larger, fancier room when we are just going to shower, change and sleep there. Luxury is nice, but if you are not there to enjoy it, why pay for it?

This will be our second trip in October, and I think you will love it. Check out the dates for Mickey's-Not-So-Scary Holloween get your tickets reserved early for that!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

WOW David we sound alot alike..this trip since we have an extra 3 tagalongs...one niece, two nephews..we had to get two rooms at all star movies...we looked at every discount available and it was still cheaper for us to get two adjoining rooms at all stars than a larger 2 bedroom suite anywhere else onsite...w/this many kids off site was not even an option. Cant wait to get there....I will be with the three girls..my husband will be with the boys!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom