Pre-Trip Oct Very Merry UnBirthday

Hi everyone, and welcome to my first PTR. This trip is our third as a family of three to WDW and is a birthday gift to my daughter, who turned eight in May. Unfortunately due to school and work, October fall break was the first time all of us were available to vacation. This trip features myself, a stay at home Mom, my husband, who owns his own business and goes to college full time and our daughter.
We're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter for the first time, for six days and attending MNSSHP! We plan, as we have in the past to park our car upon arrival and forget it's existence until we leave to go home. This is part of the vacation that my husband enjoys the most! Also for his benefit, we purchased the dining plan so we can pre-pay was much as possible. DH is much more fun to be around when he's not counting pennies!
Our ADR'S are made and I'll detail our plans a bit later. Hopefully they won't need tweaking when my fastpass date comes up in the next week or so. We're super excited!

momof1princess

Original Poster
Ok, so here's my general plans.

Wednesday arrival. Nothing planned, concrete yet. It's too soon to know how early we can leave home. Technically this is a school/work day, but I'd like to leave no later than noon. I have late Rainforest Cafe reservations if that looks like it will happen. Our drive is between 4-5 hours.

Thursday at Epcot to stay away from as much of the drinking crowds of F&W as possible. I might be crazy but I'd rather deal with MK on the weekend than drunken people on Vacation. Have a noon ADR at San Angel that I might cancel to to eat at F&W, and a 7pm ADR at Garden Grill for DD to enjoy characters. We're giant fans of character meals so she can get her fill while we eat to minimize standing in line at other times!

Friday at Hollywood Studios to catch Fantasmic (a favorite of DH) and hopefully Star Wars fireworks! Early dinner reservations at Minnies Hollywood Dine, Halloween edition, for the fab five fix and Fantasmic priority seating. I love mid-afternoon breaks in the AC, keeps us all soooo much happier! DD wants to do Jedi training, but I'm not sure I want this to be a 14ish hour day at HS. So we will see, I'll probably give in, she's never done it before and is a massive Star Wars fan.

Saturday at Magic Kingdom with PPO breakfast at BOG, and 6:00 dinner at Liberty Tree. I'm gonna try and fine tune a plan for this day, plus we'll be back Sunday if we miss anything.

Sunday mid-morning breakfast at Ohana for DD, spend time at the pool at POFQ, And hit MNSSHP at 4:00. Rides until BOG dinner at 7:00 and hope to catch the parade, fireworks and trick or treat some.

And Monday head home! Any comments or suggestions?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ok, so here's my general plans.

Wednesday arrival. Nothing planned, concrete yet. It's too soon to know how early we can leave home. Technically this is a school/work day, but I'd like to leave no later than noon. I have late Rainforest Cafe reservations if that looks like it will happen. Our drive is between 4-5 hours.

Thursday at Epcot to stay away from as much of the drinking crowds of F&W as possible. I might be crazy but I'd rather deal with MK on the weekend than drunken people on Vacation. Have a noon ADR at San Angel that I might cancel to to eat at F&W, and a 7pm ADR at Garden Grill for DD to enjoy characters. We're giant fans of character meals so she can get her fill while we eat to minimize standing in line at other times!

Friday at Hollywood Studios to catch Fantasmic (a favorite of DH) and hopefully Star Wars fireworks! Early dinner reservations at Minnies Hollywood Dine, Halloween edition, for the fab five fix and Fantasmic priority seating. I love mid-afternoon breaks in the AC, keeps us all soooo much happier! DD wants to do Jedi training, but I'm not sure I want this to be a 14ish hour day at HS. So we will see, I'll probably give in, she's never done it before and is a massive Star Wars fan.

Saturday at Magic Kingdom with PPO breakfast at BOG, and 6:00 dinner at Liberty Tree. I'm gonna try and fine tune a plan for this day, plus we'll be back Sunday if we miss anything.

Sunday mid-morning breakfast at Ohana for DD, spend time at the pool at POFQ, And hit MNSSHP at 4:00. Rides until BOG dinner at 7:00 and hope to catch the parade, fireworks and trick or treat some.

And Monday head home! Any comments or suggestions?
Great plans, I wouldn't change a thing except maybe CP for PPO breakfast instead of BOG because you're already eating there and the food is better at CP not to mention it's a character meal. But that's just me

momof1princess

Original Poster
Thanks @figmentfan423 for the input. I'm just trying to get in the park early more than anything else. We do love CP! I really picked BOG for breakfast since it's a counter credit in the AM. I'll think on it, I have heard less than stellar reviews for BOG breakfast lately...

sheriffwoody

I would definitely do the F&W booths for lunch at Epcot instead of San Angel. That restaurant is fine, but the kiosks around WS have soooooooo much to offer! It's so fun to snack around. If you're on the dining plan, I guess you'd need to use your meal credit, but if not, kiosks are a great option :D What dates will y'all be there? We're doing a Thursday-Tuesday in Oct (13-18) and MNSSHP on Thursday. I'm so excited!

momof1princess

Original Poster
I would definitely do the F&W booths for lunch at Epcot instead of San Angel. That restaurant is fine, but the kiosks around WS have soooooooo much to offer! It's so fun to snack around. If you're on the dining plan, I guess you'd need to use your meal credit, but if not, kiosks are a great option :D What dates will y'all be there? We're doing a Thursday-Tuesday in Oct (13-18) and MNSSHP on Thursday. I'm so excited!

Our trip is 10/12 - 10/17, with the Sunday party right before we go home.

And you're probably right about San Angel, I've always wanted to try it, but it will be there later. As far as dining credits go, I've booked too many places already so at least one needs to go!

sheriffwoody

Our trip is 10/12 - 10/17, with the Sunday party right before we go home.

And you're probably right about San Angel, I've always wanted to try it, but it will be there later. As far as dining credits go, I've booked too many places already so at least one needs to go!

So fun! This is my fav time of year to go. It's my fall break too. I'm hoping the crowds won't be unbearable, but I'm not getting my hopes up :p. San Angel would be a good one to try on a future trip when F&W isn't going on. I didn't love it when we went, but my husband liked what he had a lot.

FlaggNL

Looks like great plans! Seems we are in the world at the same time. We will arrive 13th and will be leaving 22nd of October! And we also are in POFQ and MNSHP on the 20th! Enjoy the pre feelings!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom