OCT-NOV Hotel Availability

tmthomas52

Original Poster
So this is could come off as a very ignorant or naive question. I've been looking for long weekend dates in October and November and have had no luck finding availability these months that have not been complete rip offs. Will these prices go down and hotel room availability go up as this as manipulation by Disney to get as much money as possible or does anyone with good understanding think that these are the way the rates are gonna stay do to Galaxy's Edge opening.

Kingoglow

None of us can say for certain.
A lot of people are waiting to see if discounts will be released for Q4 of 2019. Weekends will always be priced higher than Tues-Thurs due to basic demand during weekends.

Rack rate at WDW is what it is. A lot of people pay those rates but there is plenty of availability outside of the resort.

DisneyOutsider

So this is could come off as a very ignorant or naive question. I've been looking for long weekend dates in October and November and have had no luck finding availability these months that have not been complete rip offs. Will these prices go down and hotel room availability go up as this as manipulation by Disney to get as much money as possible or does anyone with good understanding think that these are the way the rates are gonna stay do to Galaxy's Edge opening.

This coming fall into winter is generally expected to see a huge surge in attendance with the confluence of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and the holiday season.. not to mention Food & Wine festival running most of November. I'm not a travel agent, but I would expect prices to remain high and would not expect availability to increase as your date approaches. As usual, the best value will be found off-property. I'd also check non-Disney hotels like Swan and Dolphin.

cosmicgirl

Have you tried looking for availability for individual nights? We've had it happen that the same room was available for all individual nights but if you did a search for all nights as one trip nothing came up. I ended up calling and the CM put me on hold for quite some time while she got revenue management to release the rooms as a single block for our dates.

I've also seen the opposite where individual nights were not available but, for instance, looking for a 5- or 6-night stay made the room show up. You could try tweaking your dates a little to see if that works.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Dave B

What would be the incentive for WDW to offer a discount or free dining during this time period. It is the busiest time of the year with the holidays and the biggest land expansion in history just opened, bringing a whole new fan to WDW, someone who might not care about the Mouse in anyway but is in LOVE with the land from a distance galaxy. I would be Shocked

Msinnott43

You might be able to find some confirmed DVC reservations. I have seen a couple end of oct into nov. I would have jumped on it but we are already confirmed OKW oct 12-18.

MissViv

It looks like there is plenty of available rooms most weekends in November if you are willing to pay rack rates. I also looked at Star Wars Opening Date 8/29 and there is plenty of rooms available then also.

I figured the rooms would be sold out for 8/29 and on so I am looking for discounts to come out soon. The rooms just do not seem to be selling.

Also, there IS rooms still available to November for renting points.

nickys

Premium Member
It looks like there is plenty of available rooms most weekends in November if you are willing to pay rack rates. I also looked at Star Wars Opening Date 8/29 and there is plenty of rooms available then also.

I figured the rooms would be sold out for 8/29 and on so I am looking for discounts to come out soon. The rooms just do not seem to be selling.

Also, there IS rooms still available to November for renting points.

You don’t have any way of knowing how many rooms are actually available though, only what resorts have rooms left. Same for DVC availability.

For the opening weekend, I can understand why there might be rooms available though. Once they announced DHS would open at 6am for everyone, there was no real incentive to stay onsite for it.

Epcotfan21

You don’t have any way of knowing how many rooms are actually available though, only what resorts have rooms left. Same for DVC availability.

For the opening weekend, I can understand why there might be rooms available though. Once they announced DHS would open at 6am for everyone, there was no real incentive to stay onsite for it.
I was under the impression the 6am opening is for resort guests. They called it extra extra magic hours.

jrogue

Have you tried looking for availability for individual nights? We've had it happen that the same room was available for all individual nights but if you did a search for all nights as one trip nothing came up. I ended up calling and the CM put me on hold for quite some time while she got revenue management to release the rooms as a single block for our dates.

I've also seen the opposite where individual nights were not available but, for instance, looking for a 5- or 6-night stay made the room show up. You could try tweaking your dates a little to see if that works.
YOU ARE A GENIUS AND A TRIP SAVER. I had a feeling something was available for the resort I'm trying to stay at and I checked the way you suggested and there are single-day stays for theme park view available every day of my trip!

cosmicgirl

YOU ARE A GENIUS AND A TRIP SAVER. I had a feeling something was available for the resort I'm trying to stay at and I checked the way you suggested and there are single-day stays for theme park view available every day of my trip!
Glad to see you found what you were looking for. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom