Occupancy Question

maktax

How seriously does Disney enforce the occupancy limit at their resorts?

I am planning our second family visit to WDW for 11/2004. We have three children (ages 10, 8 and 5). Last trip, the youngest was in a crib, so occupancy limits really didn't come into play (we stayed at Dixie Landing). This trip we'd like to try a different moderate resort, but just about all the resorts list maximum occupancy at 4. Has anyone else ever run into this? :veryconfu

A suite is cost prohibitive, so is not a viable solution.

tigsmom

They stick to it. My BIL ended up having to get a junior suite at the Wilderness Lodge because he has 3 kids . Even though their little one was 3 and ended up sleeping with them.
I've known other people who have tried to get around it and it just didn't work.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

What you can do, and what is enforced are two seperate things. When you are making reservations for your family don't mention the youngest child. When you go to check in have an adult take the kids to the gift shop or game room while you check in. They won't know, and the only difference will be that your youngest child won't have a room key. Not saying it is the most honest thing, but it would work. They aren't going to come check your room to make sure you are only 4 people.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have three kids, all older than yours so its a problem weve faced. POR will accomodate on a trundle bed, their happy to take bookings for older children direct at the resort byt CRO is a bit picky. The cabins at Fort Wilderness is the most reasonable home away from home. The Contemp sleeps 5, so does a deluxe svanah room at AKL. There are also one or two of the good neighbour hotels at DTD that have family rooms. With kids the age of yours I wouldnt hesitate to return to POR.

Upvote 0

madalex

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
When you are making reservations for your family don't mention the youngest child. When you go to check in have an adult take the kids to the gift shop or game room while you check in. They won't know, and the only difference will be that your youngest child won't have a room key. Not saying it is the most honest thing, but it would work.

"Not the most honest thing"? That is a bit of an understatement. Actively trying to circumvent the rules and deceive Disney is simply a dishonest thing. As another poster has mentioned, these limits are for safety persons, not so Disney can force families into two rooms and make more money.

There are several on-site alternatives that other posters have mentioned. In addition, if a suite or two rooms at a moderate is cost prohibitive, two rooms at a value resort might be in order. All in all, there are plenty of alternatives to address the issue raised which don't involve trying to put one over on Disney.

Upvote 0

jcraycraft

Originally posted by s25843
Also remember, Disney does not set the occupancy limits, its the Fire Dept/Inspector who does. Its all about safety,,,,

I always see this response on this issue and I not sure that I buy into it and here is why.......

The room sizes at the CBR are larger then the POR rooms and yet the POR rooms hold max of 5 w/ trundle bed and the larger CBR rooms only hold max of 4 ????? These rooms have the same floor plan/ layout as far as I can tell with the CBR a tad roomier. Also, I think the pull out trundle bed is more of a safety hazard since it pulls out right near the door. We have stayed at offsite hotel where the rooms are no bigger then on site hotels and they hold more then 4 with no problem.

I think the max of 4 is a Disney rule, which is fine, but I think the safety thing is not the real issue here when we are talking about 4 vs. 5 people in a room. This is just my observation.

Upvote 0

maktax

Original Poster
First off, I am not trying to "pull one over on Disney". Just asking for others' experiences and thoughts. As I mentioned, a suite is cost prohibitive for us at this point in our financial lives.

I had made the same observations as jcraycraft - the room sizes are essentually the same, yet one resort will allow 5 in a room and the others only four. Splitting our young family between two rooms is not a great alternative (if the children were older, maybe, but mine aren't - and, besides, this is a vacation - I'd like to sleep in the same room as DH ;) ).

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by bears163
we are going with 5 people in sep and are goingot try to get away with it. we have a 2 & 4 year old.

You could get a crib for the 2 y/o. Its a portacrib & fits into the corner with no problem. If diapers are still in use let them know & a Diaper Genie will be provided (at least it was for us). :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom