O'Canada Invisible Narrator

spacemtnfanatic

Original Poster
Who is the voice of the invisible narrator at the beginning of O'Canada? The voice sounds so familiar but I can't put my finger on it. It's been bugging me for a while now. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

theRIOT

I believe it is Martin Short.

I haven't seen the new film, but I will on my trip next week!

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

disney4life2008

For the 1st time ever after about 20 trips to Epcot, I took the time to enjoy Canada. I usually skipped Canada and UK because I always start at Mexico and by the time I get to the other end, I am FULL from all the food and ready to go. However, I was IMPRESSED with the Canada film - I actually am planning a Canada cruise at some point because of the film. I also LOVED the waterfall in the back- I had NO IDEA it even existed back there.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've searched everywhere I can think of and can't find a name for the hidden narrator Martin Short sends packing to France...:shrug:

dznygirl64

Its Martin Short it even shows him at the end when they are showing actors from Canada.France is the one who needs a new movie very 80s:hurl:

masht

It is Martin Short. The following is an article that appeared on a Canadian Broadcast report:
Disney is finally updating the film that presents the face of Canada at Epcot Center in Florida, and has chosen Hamilton-born comedian Martin Short to tell the story.
The SCTV and Saturday Night Live star will play a cowboy, a member of Cirque du Soleil and several other characters in the film that gives visitors an introduction to Canada.
It will be shown in the Canada Pavilion at Epcot, one of Walt Disney World's theme parks, beginning next month.
Canadians have been complaining for years about O Canada.
The footage of Canadian scenes and cities was shot in 1979 and has been criticized for its portrayal of Canadians as lumberjacks, fishermen and Mounties.
"I'd say that in the last 10 years … we got a lot of complaints from Canadians who said, 'I don't think this is reflective of Canada. We're not just about geese. We're not about flannel jackets and we're definitely not about just great, wide open landscapes,"'said Gisele Danis with the Canadian Tourism Commission.
"The letters just poured in."
The CTC has been lobbying for years to have the Disney-made film updated.
The agency that promotes Canadian tourism has played a role in creating the new version, and agreed with Disney on the choice of Short as narrator.
Film emphasizes Canadian star power

The entertainer said the new film will definitely give people a more realistic view of Canada, if a mildly humourous one.
"It's more of a comedic look … it's, shall we say, a lighthearted examination of Canada," he said. "It's little vignettes and things, and I narrate it as well."
In the last 25 years, Canadian comedians have emerged with a distinct sensibility in the minds of Americans, Short said.
The film makes the most of that reputation and points out other big stars with Canadian roots.

"There is a montage of all the kinds of, I guess, celebrity lights that have come from Canada 'cause it is an unusually disproportionate number when you think of it," Short said.

The film also features new music and vocals by last year's Canadian Idol, Eva Avila.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Come on Monty! You're letting your country down. :)
I can usually find obscure info like that, but the initial narrator that storms out to go to France where they appreciate a good narrator eludes my talents. :shrug:

:lol:

I_heart_Tigger

Darn it...just saw the thread and was hoping to impress you with my knowledge. :mad:

Well perhaps not MY knowledge but the knowledge of my friends that work in the attraction that I just sent a Facebook message to :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom