OBSERVATION - Snow White

BadWolf

Original Poster
Just returned from WDW on the 22nd, and am ready to post some observations for discussion.

I was disappointed that WDW did not commemorate the 75th anniversary of Snow White. For those that don't know, Snow White was released on 12/21/1937. Our family was at WDW during this time, and there wasn't any mention of this anniversary.

Magenta Panther

Just returned from WDW on the 22nd, and am ready to post some observations for discussion.

I was disappointed that WDW did not commemorate the 75th anniversary of Snow White. For those that don't know, Snow White was released on 12/21/1937. Our family was at WDW during this time, and there wasn't any mention of this anniversary.

Yeah, but they'll celebrate Star Wars weekends, won't they.... :mad:

PittsBurghFuzz

That is a bit odd. I know Snow White isn't the most popular princess, but she is pretty important!

PittsBurghFuzz

The Snow White ride has been removed.
Kind of saddens me to think that it is gone. I went on it three years ago with my little cousins, and sure glad I was able to get on. That was also the last time I rode on Dumbo before they moved it. Watching fireworks and Dumbo is the best feeling ever.

BadWolf

Original Poster
I feel the same, although it was a bit hokey, with the plywood cutouts, it was one of the rides that many of us remember growing up.

gonnichi

Im not surprised that Snow White was not commemorated in any way at WDW. From what I have heard about TDO they only do things if a profit can be found in doing it. So i guess they could not come up with a way to make any real money by promoting Snow Whites anniversary. So my opinion is that TDO does not seem to care about Disney like fans do, they just see Disney as a means of making money. Which is fine for a company to do, but I feel that with Disney you need to cater to the fans a bit more to make even more money. Obviously that isnt happening.

Animaniac93-98

If only there was a multi-billion dollar value brand with which to associate this movie with, and further market by promoting its anniversary. Oh wait...

OR, you could acknoledge it as a signifcant turning point in the company's history and because it's indirectly responsible for creating the jobs you have today and showing a little gratitude would be nice?

luv

Disney figured the world would end, so there was no reason to schedule a celebration.

I liked the trees in SWSA, but it was a pretty lame ride. Better than another M&G!! But I don't mourn it.

Fantasmic

For those that don't know, Snow White was released on 12/21/1937. Our family was at WDW during this time, and there wasn't any mention of this anniversary.

Wow, you were at WDW 75 years ago, 34 years before WDW was even built, what kind of Time Lord are you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom