OBSERVATION - New Dumbo Ride

BadWolf

Original Poster
Just returned from WDW on the 22nd, and am ready to post some observations for discussion.

What happened to the original Dumbo ride that was previously at the MK? I couldn't help notice that the original ornate single Dumbo ride is replaced with two new models that do not have as much detail on them.

It's not that they are not nice, I'm just curious where the original version has gone.

BadWolf

Original Poster
What do you mean by the phrase 'spinner'? In the new location, there are two new versions of the Dumbo ride.

Polydweller

What do you mean by the phrase 'spinner'? In the new location, there are two new versions of the Dumbo ride.
No there are not. One is new, the other is the original and was moved from its old location to join the new spinner in Storybook Circus. Yes, the original was given a makeover to match the new spinner, but it is the original. And spinner just means that it is a spinning ride and the whole spinning mechanism is a spinner.

Jo DeVil

No as far as I am aware the original Dumbo ride was moved to join the new one. There are loads of photos on this site, sorry I don't have a link. Maybe it has just been decorated to fit the new theme?

BadWolf

Original Poster
If that's the case, it's a shame they didn't make the new one as ornate as the original, instead of the other way around.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If that's the case, it's a shame they didn't make the new one as ornate as the original, instead of the other way around.

They were both themed to the new Storybook Circus area, which I found to have a good detail of detail about, from the ground up....

Polydweller

Pretty straightforward, new area = new theming. When it was behind the castle it was themed to fit into a medieval theme and now it's themed to a circus area.

I_heart_Tigger

I got to see it in the new location in April but noticed that there were scrapes along the sides of each Dumbo where they appeared to touch the new baseboards. Anyone know if that is still the case?

sloppy.joey

I got to see it in the new location in April but noticed that there were scrapes along the sides of each Dumbo where they appeared to touch the new baseboards. Anyone know if that is still the case?
Yes the scrapes have been fixed :) and as far as being less ornate i believe the new one is far more dazling especially with the movie scenes at the bottom!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom