Observation -- Making ADRs for one person

JohnD

Original Poster
I was making ADRs for myself and my family the other day and was surprised by the number of hits for 'Ohana for 3 people. So I snagged one.

On a whim, I checked for 2 people. The same ADRs showed up.

Then one person. Nothing. Hmm. Interesting.

ADRs are available but not necessarily for one person, at least in MDE.

So the lesson here is that if you're traveling alone (which I've done previously), try to search on 1 person first. If nothing comes up search on 2 or 3 people. If an ADR comes up, I'm not advocating making a reservation for others who won't be there but call up WDW to see if they can reserve you anyway.

luv

Just make the reservation for extra people. If you're three and nothing shows up, try four.

Disney would obviously like to have a person in every chair, so they'll say there is nothing for me if they know they can get two...or nothing for two if they know they can get four.

Now that they're charging for no-shows, you might have to pay a no-show fee for the unused seat. But you might not. I just don't know!

Still, they lie. It's a business thing. I don't hold it against them. I just lie, as well. :)

JohnD

Original Poster
On this "test" reservation, I tried. It wanted me to add named guests. While you can add guests who are not linked to MDE, I think WDW would frown on adding fictional guests just to get an ADR. Just as bad would be adding guests who are linked to my account but not going.

luv

On this "test" reservation, I tried. It wanted me to add named guests. While you can add guests who are not linked to MDE, I think WDW would frown on adding fictional guests just to get an ADR. Just as bad would be adding guests who are linked to my account but not going.
If you are worried about cheating Disney, don't do it. If you have two people and they say there is nothing for two, try another restaurant. :)

If you are not above lying to them when they lie to you (not that two wrongs make a right!), just make up names and then say they didn't show. :)

I am not above lying to Disney. It isn't like they are an honest bunch, lol. If they frown on it, too bad. Glass Houses and all that. BUT! I totally respect people who don't ever want to lie and will not do that. :)

luv

They sure will charge you! $10 per person per reservation.
I've heard different things there. People I know IRL, who I trust more, say No, they don't charge for a missing person, just if the whole group doesn't show.

But I keep reading here that they do charge.

So, I really don't know. Did it happen to you? Did one person not go and you had to pay an extra $10 for them?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
We had a reservation for 4 at Ohana recently. One of our friends couldn't make it. The CM at the podium said, "no worries!" We were not charged any amount of money for being short 1 person.

ToTBellHop

I've heard different things there. People I know IRL, who I trust more, say No, they don't charge for a missing person, just if the whole group doesn't show.

But I keep reading here that they do charge.

So, I really don't know. Did it happen to you? Did one person not go and you had to pay an extra $10 for them?
That would be absolutely ridiculous.

Me: "we have a reservation for 4 but only 3 of us are here."

CM: "Tut tut! $10 fine, so says I!"

Me: "But, Jimmy caught the herp at Pleasure Island last night and is stuck in the hotel room."

CM: "Too bad, so sad. $10 fine!"

Me: "Fine?"

CM: "Fine."

Me: "Fine."

NeedMoreMickey

We had a smiliar issue a couple years ago with LeCellier. Tried to get a table for 2 and nothing was available, switched it table of 4 and got the reservation. That morning we stopped by and changed the reservation to 2. I can see us doing the same thing again except we may cancel out the extra people 24 hours early.

MountainMedic'sWife

We had a smiliar issue a couple years ago with LeCellier. Tried to get a table for 2 and nothing was available, switched it table of 4 and got the reservation. That morning we stopped by and changed the reservation to 2. I can see us doing the same thing again except we may cancel out the extra people 24 hours early.

I did the same type of thing with a Candlelight Processional reservation at Via Napoli. I couldn't find a ressie for two but found one for three. I booked it and then called a couple of days prior and told them it would only be two. Had no problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom