O"hanas

murphy

How many people enjoy o"hanas? I was going to go there on my last trip in dec. 2002, but never got there. I would like to try it on my next trip in june. Is the food any good? and is the entertainment worth the experience? I would appreciate your opinions and experiences.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Its now on our must visit list. The food was good and plentiful and the CMs were excellent. My kids didnt join in the dinning room games but enjoyed them all the same, and as we were sat near a window we were able to see the MK fireworks.

The nicest touch was when we ordered desesrt my eldest followed the recommendation of the CM but ultimately wasnt that kean on it when it arrived, he saw her face, brought a replacement then deducted both from the bill. a very nice touch.

My youngest took a picture of cousin Cliff who she rated as the nicest CM ever.

Yes we will visit again in August.:)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

O'Hana's is definitely worth it. The food it good and it is all you care to eat served family style to your table. The Banana bread is outrageous. All of the food has an Asian flair to it. Fried rice, mixed vegetables, shrimp wontons. It is good and not so exotic that it will turn anyone off. The meats are turkey, pork loin, sirloin steak and tiger shrimp. these are marinated and grilled. The shrimp is a touch spicy for me but the last time I was there, they brought me two bowls of shrimp that had not been marinated!! Great place to enjoy the feeling of Family. Belle

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Listen to Belle!!!

She, along with other members, heavily reccommended Ohanas for a special event dinner that I needed. It was amazing, the best meal of our last vacation, and now something we must go to again--and bring relatives to experience it too.

The food is great and plentiful. And, as we loved, you can plan a PS to be seated during Wishes b/c you can see the fireworks from the large open windows, and the music is even piped in!

The food and ambiance were top notch. Appetizers, salad, bread, many entrees, and a tasty dessert, Mmmm!

Upvote 0

vanryan

I'll add my two thumbs up! We stayed at the Poly in May of 2002 and had 2 meals at O'Hanna's. The character breakfast was excellent, and so was dinner!:wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Don't think you can go wrong with O'hana. Its one of our favorite meals now.

One word of advice: Go Hungry! Its all you care to eat and that night we cared to eat a ton! :lol: :slurp:
I ate a whole bowl of salad myself. The pineapple with warm caramel sauce was the best. (and I don't even like caramel)

My kids just fell in love with the chocolate mousse for dessert.

http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_oh.htm

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

::BLUSHES::
Gee Don!! I am really happy that you loved O'hana's so much, Iknow I did too and I am usually pretty particular about food in general. All I did though was offer my humble opinion!! Belle

Upvote 0

iluvstitch

I'm planning to eat at O'hanas on my trip this May. I think it is one of the only restaurants at WDW that I haven't heard one negative comment about.

Does anyone know how to make a ps so you'll be there to see the fireworks at the MK? When I make the ps 90 days in advance, how will I know what time to make it?

-Stephanie

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there, When you call to make the PS I would ask the CM on the phone if they have the time for Wishes for that night. They probably will, and make it for like 15 minutes before then!! I would say that because if it ends up getting good crowds thay may run the fireworks an hour later!! If that happens, you will still be at your table!! The number for the PS is 1-407-wdw-dine if anyone needs it!! Enjoy!! Belle

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

BUT you cannot make specific requests via the telephone, they can only be made at the podium. So arrive a tad earlier than your PS and make a request with a dashing smile on your face. And even if you don't have a wondow seat, when WISHES starts, literally everything and everyone in the restaurant stopped and watched. People even came up to the windows and sat on the ground. You're paying for the atmosphere too, so get what you would like!!

Upvote 0

murphy

Original Poster
Thank you for all the possitive comments!! I'm really looking forward to the experience!!Is 90 days a must here on priority seating?

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I called for mine less than 30 days in advance for an 815 PS for the fireworks at 9. We got seated at 830ish and had a PHENOMENAL dinner!

Belle knows her stuff, and she set me on course!

Upvote 0

goofyman

I have to agree with everyone , this is a fun great place to eat. We desided to go this past summer from what we read on these boards. The only thing that I will add is, we were sat in the back part of the rest. And this may be a good spot after dark say for "Wishes" you will miss out on the activities and things that go on in the front. Even as simple as whatching the food being cooked. With that said, Don't miss it it is wonderful!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi again, I would say that 90 days PS is really not a necessity here, however if you know that you want to eat there, why not book it now? You will certainly get your choice of times and Id make a request for a windowside seat. They will tell you that they cant guarantee the request, but they will put it on your PS as a notation. Then follow Don's advice!! Being nice to the staff and not screaming & Yelling at them has always gotten me pretty far. They almost always have gotten me any special requests I have made. Sometimes I truly think these people are Magical!
The only 90 day out PS that you may not get any other time is the Princess Breakfast at Cinderella's Castle. If you have never eaten in the Castle I do recommend it. Dinner is pretty great and I love breakfast which is just magical!! THIS is the toughest PS to get and does require a $10 per adult deposit to hold the PS ( All of the Princess meals require this due to the popularity) so have a credit card handy when calling. Call at exactly 6:59 am EST every morning and keep hitting redial until you hear that you are being put on hold and not that dining is closed. Once you are on DONT hangup. I have gotten the Castle several times that way. I certainly dont do it every trip, but every once in a while it is so nice!!! Good luck!!! belle

Upvote 0

mickey merrills

Aloha!

O'hana's is a great deal for families. We have been three times - each time catching the monorail over from MK after a long (and hot) day in the park. With three generations traveling together (trip #2) it was the PERFECT place for tired and hungry travelers. The food was good, plentiful and on the table pronto! The coconut races were enough to get the kids going and the tropical drinks helped revive the over-21 set!

All in all, a GREAT deal for the price!

Upvote 0

Sorcerer1

Ohana's is awesome. It s my favorite. The food is fantastic, the entertainment is great, ans the atmosphere is outstanding. I went in 2002 for the first time, and It is a must for everytrip now. Hope you are hungry, cause their is a lot to eat!
:slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom