O Canada Refurb

ToTBellHop

they have the good side of the Falls, too. Frankly, I think we need to leave Iraq and send our troops over to Niagara Falls, Canada, to fight for something worthwhile: the Horseshoe Falls!
HorseshoeFallsMediumAngleFromNorth.jpg

philipneil

While everyone in my family loves the song, it's kind of hard to express that affection to others who have never been. Has anyone ever tried playing the song for others? All I get is laughs and weird looks. And I'm from Canada!

Figment82

While everyone in my family loves the song, it's kind of hard to express that affection to others who have never been. Has anyone ever tried playing the song for others? All I get is laughs and weird looks. And I'm from Canada!

I LOVE Canada (You're a Lifetime Journey)! I do get weird looks when I play it for people, especially because I always sing along and do a very poor imitation of the French language. :)

I'm going to miss the movie, but I'll agree that it is time for a replacement. I just hope the song stays.

lawyergirl77

It would be nice, if the song does return, that they use a real French Canadien singer. The current one does not pull off the acent very well.
That? Is an understatement...

And as for the above question re: "why do we need a French-Canadian?"... I'm not going to get into the bilingualism debate with you on a WDW board.

But if they're going to have a bilingual song, one would expect that they actually use someone who can, you know, SPEAK the language. As it stands, people who hear that song have NO CLUE what she's singing about. Comprehension? Good...

I would keep the song - it's a pretty slice of 80's cheese. But I would ditch the female singer in a heartbeat.

Epcot82Guy

I do hope that the song returns. We've lost so much of Epcot's music, and that was what made the park for me. Sadly, it's come without replacement in many instances. I do agree that an update is needed... desperately, but I hope they treat it like China and not totally scrap. That film could be re-edited, added to (film-wise), and rescored and resang and be a very nice, albeit shorter, distraction.

Lee

Adventurer
Well, it's a whole new film and new score. That right there tells me they started from scratch. I wouldn't count on that song. No huge loss, really, considering it's a new film and all.:shrug:

dxwwf3

Well, it's a whole new film and new score. That right there tells me they started from scratch. I wouldn't count on that song. No huge loss, really, considering it's a new film and all.:shrug:

Well I guess it's good we are getting a new film and score. But it would awesome if they could re-record the song and put it at the end as well. Remember I'm in the minority on this attraction because it really is one of my favorites :)

lawyergirl77

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: That would be great, Buffalo vs. Sens Brawl, and the Avs vs. Detroit
:lol: I would pay extra to see that attraction!! The Roy vs. Osgoode part of the Avs/Detroit fight is CLASSIC!

(They should also throw in some Habs vs. Nordiques classics...)

And if there's a new score - any chance that the Hockey Night in Canada theme will be a part of the attraction?? ;)

This is good news. So much has changed in Canada since the original movie, and it would nice to be able to see these new aspects without having to actually travel there. Anything new will help bring in more people to this unique pavilion.

IROC it

Well.. I'm thankful my kids got to see and be a part of it this year before the change. By "be a part of it" they were given the chance to start the film and both received Magical Moment certificates.

This film was also my Mom's favorite thing in '83... she passed away in '94, so to see it the same brought great memories back for me, and my kids (her grandkids she never met) got to experience the same thing, along with my wife, and it is a special thing to me anyway for those reasons.

But, on the other hand, I'm also glad to see it getting the attention and update.

That probably just insured that we ever go back into the "cave."

Marty Short? I thought he was a little out-dated.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom