O Canada Refurb

castlecake2.0

I wonder what the new film will be like... I like the current one, though it does look dated it does seem to show the highlights of Canada. The only part that I didn't like was one part of the narration they have someone imiatating a Newfoundlan acent and then at the end of the scentence he says 'EH?' and it does not flow at all! That part irked me, yes we use that word alot, but its a natural thing, and this one sounded so forced. Overall though I've always liked the Canada pavillion. Im hopefully travelling to Calgary this fall for an interview for the WDWIP to work at that pavillion. I'm a huge Disney fan and a proud Canadian, so that job would be perfect!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Anything has to be better than the snoozefest that is O Canada. :)

True. Though people say we're dumbing down Epcot, when China changed to a shorter film with more dramatic scenes, it really became a nice stop along World Showcase. I think Canada too could benefit from a tighter film.

Pirate665

Though, they're still working on the black lines in the middle of everything and the graininess of the country. And the occiasional country JUMP (oddly like that of a film jump) is getting darn right annoying...

>Steve

Krozar

What I like about O Canada is that is a film that is presented very well. It might as well been shot in the US because we really don't differ in landscape all that much. Shoot some Alberta scenes in Texas, arctic scenes in Alaska, frozen over urban rivers in the North Central US (a lot of it farther north than Toronto for example), Rockies, and the old New England coastal areas.

As a Poli-Sci nut, I like to see the political and societal aspects. Canada differs from the US a bit in this because they are a very massive physical country with 1/10th the population which has created a domino affect that started over 250 years ago. I would love a comparison film of common American ideals vs. common Canadian ideals. Since the film and pavilion are in the US, a comparison is thus justified and the entertainment value is all up to the skill of the producers and director.

dxwwf3

Yep I guess it's time. Luckily some great audio and video is floating around the web right now and I can always have my favorite World Showcase attraction around at the click of a mouse. And I guess it won't be long until Impressions de France fades away as well. Whenever I think of World Showcase, I think of those two films and I'm very glad that they have stayed around as long as they have and I've been able to see them so many times. But unlike some other changes that have happened around the parks, I can't be upset because the update is needed. The film is dated and was featured in the park far longer than some other great filmed presentations at WDW.

Maybe they'll either keep the current song or have the same song updated with new singers. That would be fantastic :)

Disneytracker

I hope that they will change the movie to a more modern version with new music. I've seen this movie a few times and being from Canada, a new refurb would be in order.

Apparently Bruce Broughton (who has written music for many Disney attractions) recorded his music for the new film some time ago. He has also recorded a new score for Spaceship Earth.

aladdin2007

I can't help but hear Celine Dion in my head singing O Canada! Thats what first came to mind when people suggested new singers or an updated song. But I have a feeling the song won't be coming back at all? I hope Im wrong.:shrug:

castlecake2.0

I can't help but hear Celine Dion in my head singing O Canada! Thats what first came to mind when people suggested new singers or an updated song. But I have a feeling the song won't be coming back at all? I hope Im wrong.:shrug:

It would be nice, if the song does return, that they use a real French Canadien singer. The current one does not pull off the acent very well.

DisneyDragon

I promise that I won't climb back onto my soapbox about the need for a new film...

If the new movie is as good for Canada as the updated China film was for them, I'd be mighty impressed.

WDWFigment

Any chance that they will change the film a CircleVision 360 presentation of the NHL's greatest fights? Please say it's so. :lol:

Isn't this all they make in Canada; Hockey players?

Actually, this is what I thought until I heard about The History of Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel. They have diamonds in Canada, too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom