O Canada CircleVision 360

DisneyFreak721

I have never seen o canada! I wanted to when i was there in march and it was either see o canada and miss illuminations or see illuminations and miss o canada. Take a wild guess what i picked. So i can't really verify how good or bad it was, but i have heard that the soarin' over california type ride was going into France and make it feel like you're in a hot air balloon. "Flyin' over France" would be a good name! I would rather see it in the France pavillion myself.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I think that Frances new attraction should feature a tunnel where people can sneak into Epcot without paying and then spend the day pick pocketing before being given free food and souvenirs, funded by those whove paid to get in.
Canada on the other hand can host a tribute to beer, and classes in being politically correct. Apart from the bit thats been spoled by our snail eating cousins Canada is just Scotland with a bit more room and no decent football teams.:drevil:

wdwcastwannabe

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
Here is some news I have heard...

The Canadian Tourism Board though that the old Oh Canada 360 was an insult (now I am part Canadian and I don't find it an insult) to all Canadians.

I heard from a friend that Disney might put in a ride like Sorrin' Over California. It would be like you are flying over Canada.

I sure hope they put this in. :wave:

you see disneyworldguru, you don't really live in canada...so it's difficult for you to find it insulting...you may feel a little differently if you lived in canada and were a true FULL canadian... don't take offense to what i said, i don't mean to come across as condescending...just the opposite actually...if you could hear me talk it, it would be with a pleasant tone of voice...

but yeah...the biggest problem with the movie is that it's outdated (it was filmed for the 1967 world's fair in montreal) it doesn't even feature my hometown (winnipeg, one of canada's major cities...you'd think a city of 700,000 would at least be slightly featured) but fortunately it does feature the city where i currently live, calgary, but they do so with the calgary stampede, the world's largest rodeo which is held there annually ... calgary is a cowboy town (and me a little bit of a cowboy from time to time just for fun), but i think it should feature not only the stampede, but also something to do with the 1988 winter olympics that were held in calgary, quite possibly the most successful winter games of all time...

but you know, some things just need to change, this is one of them...this film was good when it was made, but 35 years later, things need to change...it's still an entertaining film to watch, i still enjoy it...but....sometimes it's time for change

tim:king:

Maria

I always wondered why they didn´t show Niagara and other popula tourist attractions. The answer I got was that those were known worldwide, so no need to show them again because Canada was a lot more than that. I agree, but it would still be nice to see the east part of the country again. ;) The mounted "police" or whatever it is called, was nice and fun to watch in circlevision! I love that part! :animwink:

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by wdwcastwannabe
you see disneyworldguru, you don't really live in canada...so it's difficult for you to find it insulting...you may feel a little differently if you lived in canada and were a true FULL canadian...

...it's time for change

I understand that not being a full Canadian I don't see many things wrong (eg- movie Canadian Bacon{I love it}) but I do think that it is very old and needs a change. I mean I love Canada, I love Banff and all of Alberta, Quebec, and Motreal.

I could not agree with you more... it is time for it to change. This has been my view on it for a while. I find O Canada to be a great show. I love to see Canada in the winter time. I mean it brings back memories of ice skating across a river and visiting the Calgary Stampede. I just think that they should show Canada at other times then just winter. If you want it changed faster then you would have to come up with millions to make a new movie.

Also, Canadians make fun of Americans. I know for a fact that there is a TV show in Canada sends a host to interview Americans to see how stupid they are (I was upset to see how many Americans knew nothing about Canada). They ask questions like "how do you feel about the problem of over fishing in Scandinavia?" DUH scandinavia is land-locked!!! Most of the Americans had no clue. This is how the whole show goes.

Yes, Yes, I know, we do make fun of Canadians (eg- Eh). Just remember you do the same to Americans.

Bongo

American/Canadian... the daily life of these two people is the same. The roots are different but the way of life is the same.

No, I don't have a polar bear 2 miles from my house and I don't pet a beaver every morning LOL! But mooses! Yeah sometimes on the road, we can see some.

Since 9 11, I have to admit that the daily life of both country citizens is quite the same. On the other hand, we do have some differences.

I do have even more because I am French Canadian, so I do speak French, too... Ahhh that makes a little something different. But other than that I am a true North American.

As for the movie, yes it's outdated. A new release would be good. I think the current movie doesn't show enough of Eastern Canada, but that's my perception. As for the way they show Montreal and Quebec City, it's very outdated, too. Montreal is a very modern North American city that I would qualify to be similar to Boston, MA with old mansions and houses from the colonial era.

Quebec City though has an important colonial past architecture.

True wdwcastwannabe, they should also show Winnipeg as well.

But the major problem wih Canada is that it's so huge that you can not fit everything nice to show in a single 20 minutes movie. So I presume the next one will also create some unhappy people because it doesn't show what they expected to see. That's life.

I have to run now, there's a big bear in my backyard with a salmon in his mouth!!!! lol

BONGO

Scooter

While I'll agree that they need to update the Movie...I hope they leave that MUSIC in the video. I Love that Canada song. It's very beautiful and well sung. Very comforting to the ears. :)

all_good_chic

being canadian as well i really don't have a rpoblem with it...pfff i have only seen the movie once and it was alright...i mean i live in canada so why would i want to see it in movie form? sure it's outdated and theres no calagry stampede( which i have been to and think is realy gross...strangle baby cows...not cool) but no matter what they do there will always be something missing. If they change it or not people will still think we live in igloos, have pet beavers, and that we are all lumberjacks so it really doesn't matter. :)

castlecake

Originally posted by all_good_chic
[B. If they change it or not people will still think we live in igloos, have pet beavers, and that we are all lumberjacks so it really doesn't matter. :) [/B]

Maybe thwy could show that Molson Canadian Comercial you know the one with Joe ( I have a Prime Minister not a president....) Canadian members know what im talking about. That would be funny.

Also for the Prime Minister or Govenor General intro it wouldnt cost that much, because we have had the same Prime Minister for 9 years and the Queen apoints a new Govenor general every 5 years, so it wouldnt have to be re done to often.

Oh, and that show someone was talking about was Talking To Americans, and the host didnt talk about Scandanavia, he talked about Saskatchewan(the province)

all_good_chic

that beer commercial idea is the best ever. Theyc ould just show all our beer commercials and call it a movie. The best one would be where the guy is talking to that girl and the girl asks if she knows glen and he says "yeah i know office glen, he works in an office yeah well he's dead!" cracks me up everytime!:lol:

Maria

Originally posted by Bongo

I have to run now, there's a big bear in my backyard with a salmon in his mouth!!!! lol
BONGO

Tickle him and get the salmon!! :lol:
sorry... I just saw a commercial about a canned brand of salmon in the UK that is just like that... :D Any of our friends across the ocean know what I am talking about? :confused: It was funny...;)

dxwwf3

I really do not care if they have a new film. I really enjoy O Canada as is but a new film would be fine too. The only thing I ask is that they keep the song "Canada (You're A Lifetime Journey)." In my opinion they have taken away alot of Epcot's signature music (It's Fun to Be Free, New Horizons, Energy (You Make The World Go 'Round, Tomorrow's Child, etc...) and they DO NOT need to get rid of one of my favorite WDW songs. Heck I even know the French parts :) Oh and I am glad to see that "One Little Spark" is coming back. Now if they will just add "Tomorrow's Child" I might enjoy Epcot a little more (It is probably my fourth favorite Disney park :) )

cm1988

Yesterday's Tomorrow's Child

Originally posted by dxwwf3
...they have taken away alot of Epcot's signature music (It's Fun to Be Free, New Horizons, Energy (You Make The World Go 'Round, Tomorrow's Child, etc...) am glad to see that "One Little Spark" is coming back. Now if they will just add "Tomorrow's Child" I might enjoy Epcot a little more...
I think that the EC (ok, Epcot, now) entrance medley now includes Tomorrow's Child. Can someone confirm that?

Timekeeper

Circlevision - Size Matters

Are all of the Circle-Vision theaters on WDW property (Canada, China, MK's Timekeeper, etc.) the same size? That is, do they share the same diameter, height, etc.?

Tk

Buzzforprez

Hey how about this idea. Update every 360 movie with seats that swivel either manually or by motor. Please we all sit on the stupid lean rails, rean lails in China (no offense but that is how it is always said), or the floor anyway. Gives us a break to relax and take a load off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom