O Canada CircleVision 360

wdwcastwannabe

Original Poster
i don't know if any of you care,

but they've been telling us in the canadian pavilion that filming is underway for a new circlevision 360 film...

it's about time...

in other news the china pavilion was on fire the other day in the temple of heaven....things were quickly repaired, and it re-opened shortly thereafter...but my chinese roommate thought it was really funny!

tim:king:

Figaro

Thanks for the update! It's about time they update the 360' movies. They were good but it's been a looooong time since they were produced. Time for some fresh material. :)

Scooter

I was at the Canadian Pavillion on May 4th and watched O'Canada, the 360º movie.

I told a Canadian Castmember that I had heard they were going to have a new Movie soon and wanted to know if it was true.

She told me that the new movie was supposed to arrive last February but hadn't showed up yet so I imagine it will be arriving, be installed and running shortly.

prberk

360-degree movies

These movies are shown with screens all the way around you, with projection done from between screens on an opposing wall. It allows the film to surround you. They are used in the Canada and China pavillions as sort-of visual travelogues.

They are pretty neat.

Hey, wdwcastwannabe, great to see you finally working at WDW. I probably missed a bunch of your posts, but I remember earlier posts when you were hoping and anticipating moving there. Are you having fun? Is it everything that you had hoped? What do your Canadian compatriots at EPCOT think? Are they enthusiastic?

Just wondered. Seems like a fun experience. How long will you stay?

DisneyWorldGuru

Here is some news I have heard...

The Canadian Tourism Board though that the old Oh Canada 360 was an insult (now I am part Canadian and I don't find it an insult) to all Canadians.

I heard from a friend that Disney might put in a ride like Sorrin' Over California. It would be like you are flying over Canada.

I sure hope they put this in. :wave:

agdbeanie

I like the Circlevision movies, but usually my legs and feet are so sore and tired that I really get tired of standing for the entire movie. I wish there was some way they could make some very durable swivle chairs or something so you don't have to stand the whole time.

figment99

I can't believe someone doesn't know about circlevision 360--it's been aquainted with Disney ever since, well, the old New Tomorrowland of Disneyland back in '65--but I digress. . .

I'll be in WDW the last week in May, and I'll try to ask some CMs at the Canada pavilion for more info--this sounds like something that could draw some more people into WS if it were like Soarin over California. BTW, thanks a lot for giving us the scoop, wdwcastwannabe!

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
Here is some news I have heard...

The Canadian Tourism Board though that the old Oh Canada 360 was an insult (now I am part Canadian and I don't find it an insult) to all Canadians.

I heard from a friend that Disney might put in a ride like Sorrin' Over California. It would be like you are flying over Canada.

I sure hope they put this in. :wave:

That would be a great idea...they can really use it in World Showcase too. Another attraction (not just a movie) would really be a great addition. It would relieve the lines over by Maelstrom and Test Track.

cm1988

How's it going?

Originally posted by prberk
...Hey, wdwcastwannabe, great to see you finally working at WDW. I probably missed a bunch of your posts, but I remember earlier posts when you were hoping and anticipating moving there. Are you having fun? Is it everything that you had hoped?...
I was wondering the same thing. It's been... what... a month or two. I hope Vista Way/Commons life is good for you and you're doing okay as you've now experienced the hard work behind the magic.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The Canadian Tourism Board though that the old Oh Canada 360 was an insult (now I am part Canadian and I don't find it an insult) to all Canadians
Was that because it was not filmed in French? Or was it because the film gave the impression of the vastnest of Canada and the PC brigade thought that this may intimidate shortys? Maybe it offended the Trees?

meekoman

I read a story about this quite a while ago in a newspaper. It was actually Canadian tourists that complained to the tourist board saying that the film was so old and outdated that it was embarrassing and that a new film was needed. What has held up production for a new film was the funds needed to produce and film the new version.

castlecake

Originally posted by happy snapper

Was that because it was not filmed in French? Or was it because the film gave the impression of the vastnest of Canada and the PC brigade thought that this may intimidate shortys? Maybe it offended the Trees?

Its not because it eas not in french(but that was why we didnt get those McDonalds/100 YoM glasses)but because it gives the impresion that it is always cold and snowy, all our police wear red outfits and ride horses and that we say Eh?, all the time:hammer: I think there should be a new film showing all the progress we have made. Maybe at the start there could be a message from the Prime Minister or the Govenor General........ :zipit:

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by castlecake

...it gives the impresion that it is always cold and snowy...

...Maybe at the start there could be a message from the Prime Minister or the Govenor General...

First of all being part Canadian I can say that I don't think it was a bad film, I think it was great. I think it just needs an update.

American's know that Canada is not all snow (at least they should). There are summers in Canada.

Second, they cant have a message from the Prime Minister of Govenor General because the film would need to be updated a lot and WDW wont spend the money to do that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom